• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Klaw gimps snake

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i figured most people knew this, but i didn't see a topic or anything

just klaw from slightly above him and it counts as a grab with no throw (because thats what it is). The only way he can recover from there is with bombs, and you should have a big fat aerial waiting for him if you think he can make it back up with it.

Sliq

Smash Master
i think bowser's claw is a pretty cool guy. eh suplexes people and doesn't afraid of anything.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'm sorry but biting peoples faces off then throwing them with ease > suplex

seriously, tossing ganon with one hand like he's nothing with a klaw back throw just feels good lol

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
Tossing a big f*cking fat spiny koopa > throwing a man with a gem on his forehead who doesn't use his big sword he carries

*Uses Bowser's FSmash and stomps on Gimpyfish*

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
You said that using your Melee Klaw to toss Gannon was awesome. I am merely saying that using the Klaw to toss a Bowser is better then Gannon because well...Gannon is a ***** and Bowser is a spiny turtle.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Melee's side+b was much cooler. Those giant claws aren't just for show. Replacing it with just a grab is lame. Besides, if Bowser can jump that high, why aren't his jump or mid-air jumps that high?

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
Melee's side+b was much cooler. Those giant claws aren't just for show. Replacing it with just a grab is lame.
Cosmetically, i'm inclined to agree. I do, however, appreciate that SOME of the moves in Brawl were redesigned. It's like, hey, at least they were trying to half-*** being ingenuitive, and that's gotta count for something, ya know?

Waddle

Smash Ace
You said that using your Melee Klaw to toss Gannon was awesome. I am merely saying that using the Klaw to toss a Bowser is better then Gannon because well...Gannon is a ***** and Bowser is a spiny turtle.
WTF is Gannon?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I need to see a vid of this because I am not understanding it for some reason. It would help me against thos annoying Snake players if i saw gameplay examples.

Sliq

Smash Master
I need to see a vid of this because I am not understanding it for some reason. It would help me against thos annoying Snake players if i saw gameplay examples.
Are you serious? Just g****ing grag him with your over b when he is recovering. How is this confusing at all?

"Guys, can I get a vid of someone hitting someone with a move. I'm not sure how these cuh-RAZY fighting games work."

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Are you serious? Just g****ing grag him with your over b when he is recovering. How is this confusing at all?

"Guys, can I get a vid of someone hitting someone with a move. I'm not sure how these cuh-RAZY fighting games work."
I still don't understand how to F-tilt Sliq can you put a video up?

Stalfoe

Smash Apprentice
Suplex? IS NOT SUPLEX.

Snakes usually go for an fair why I try this.

Sliq

Smash Master
Suplex? IS NOT SUPLEX.

Snakes usually go for an fair why I try this.
You shouldn't be trying this when a Snake can fair you and still make it back to the stage. Seriously, Snakes fair takes so long to execute that if you go off the stage to steal his cipher, and he fairs, he shouldn't be able to make it back without C4.

Stalfoe

Smash Apprentice
If he hits, I die and he gets back on stage. Depending on who I fight I'll jump out and do nothing and sometimes they fair anyway and can't make it back.

MC=3

Smash Cadet
Oh wow, just when I think the Ness boards were stupid for basically announcing that he's unplayable (When he's only unplayable againt Marth) I see a topic not just debating over which attack is cooler, but the STYLE of the attack that is somehow not as cool as Bowser basically degrading himself into a dog.

Stalfoe

Smash Apprentice
Good advice, I'm glad the smash community doesn't have internet badasses, that would be terrible.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
i'm sorry but biting peoples faces off then throwing them with ease > suplex

seriously, tossing ganon with one hand like he's nothing with a klaw back throw just feels good lol
Epic **** >>> all.

Bowser's new Klaw is moar w1n if you ask me lol.

So wai basically the Klaw can do the Cypher grab on Snake, but in the air! m'rite?

Sliq

Smash Master
Epic **** >>> all.

Bowser's new Klaw is moar w1n if you ask me lol.

So wai basically the Klaw can do the Cypher grab on Snake, but in the air! m'rite?
Or if you grab Snake, the Cipher will hit you immediately after that, breaking snake out of the throw without being thrown.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Maybe yesterday wasnt one of my "Smart" days. If it was simply to use Boozer's Suicide move on Snake, then i shoulda known that by now. I was frustrated that time, so i couldnt think. I believe that I had a brain fart that time.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I need to fight more Snake players...

I never see them online for some reason.

Also, the thread confused me at first as well: I didn't infer the part about the cipher hitting Bowser and breaking the klaw.

So when you do this, Snake basically just...falls, right?

At first, I thought Gimpy meant klawing him, bringing him back to the stage and landing the hit wouldn't regrant him an up+B (which is pretty huge news) but that wasn't the case.

Sliq

Smash Master
Well, if you executed the maneuvre he described in the thread, you would see the outcome, and would know how it works.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Well, if you executed the maneuvre he described in the thread, you would see the outcome, and would know how it works.
It's not exactly an option if you aren't within 20 miles of a Wii and Brawl at the time.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I just tested it and it definitely works.

However, the problem in using this is that most Snake players I've faced in the past much prefer to use their Up+B away from the stage and to climb extremely high over the stage in the hopes of dropping a C4 on you as you try to attack them from below.

They generally start the move far enough out that, even if you do manage to gimp them, you likely won't make it back to the stage.

I'll still use the technique, but it's going to be nigh-impossible to land on Snake players who are consciously aware of it.

Sliq

Smash Master
I just tested it and it definitely works.

However, the problem in using this is that most Snake players I've faced in the past much prefer to use their Up+B away from the stage and to climb extremely high over the stage in the hopes of dropping a C4 on you as you try to attack them from below.

They generally start the move far enough out that, even if you do manage to gimp them, you likely won't make it back to the stage.

I'll still use the technique, but it's going to be nigh-impossible to land on Snake players who are consciously aware of it.
Snakes that go high are in prime position for up airing. See if they air dodge, and if they do, just delay the up air and fall with them, so it executes as they come out of the invulnerability.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
also i was hardly saying that htis is the be all end all of snake edgeguarding and if you do this you will surely ko him at low percents

i was just saying

if you get the opportunity, you can do this lol

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
Hahaha.... I fight a Snake every day and never found this out, probably because I did other moves instead, but I'll test this out myself.

Nice find, Gimpyfish. I honestly didn't expect anything new regarding Bowser from you.

I'm glad I come back to SWF every once in a while. It's good to see fresh information. BC doesn't give so much, at least as far as Bowser goes. :ohwell:

Top Bottom