• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Klaw gimps snake

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Snakes that go high are in prime position for up airing. See if they air dodge, and if they do, just delay the up air and fall with them, so it executes as they come out of the invulnerability.
That's usually when you'll be getting a C4 dropped on you (they'll stick to you if they land on you) and the C4 is one of Snake's better KO moves against Bowser.

I still try to Uair them, of course, but between DI and avoiding the C4, it's harder to do than you'd think.

Gimpy, I like the technique and I have something to add to it: you don't NEED to get Snake just right so that Bowser hits the cipher immediately. You can actually catch Snake in the middle so long as you steer Bowser into it so his back hits the cipher as he goes up.

I didn't mean to come across as dismissive, as this technique is certainly useful. It's just natural to try to imagine how your average Snake player would combat this technique.

I think the best setup for this is to either Fair a Snake returning to the ledge or catch him in FB as he's returning so he has no choice but to Up+B after the FB pushes him back.

I miss the old klaw as well, but I like the new klaw's range and speed. If we could have the old klaw's throw with the new claw's range and speed, Bowser would probably be a tier higher than most are putting him now.

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
Oh shi..this is great news, I'll be sure to learn this tech.

Top Bottom