• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowsers and Wave dashing.

Cs_Nexus

Smash Apprentice
So far I can only wavedash into a jump cancelled grab...

Ive found that using the analog for bowser works best, tapping up to jump.
Im curious if any other Bowsers wavedash and what moves they like to use.
I main luigi but want to main bowser now
...Fair Dair Bair Uair aha im being made fun of for slang.... =)
Dang Schools...

-Represent-

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
If you're wavedashing i recommend the F-tilt, but theres almost no need to be wavedashing with Bowser, wavelanding is much more important

However i wavedash a lot of f-tilts for spacing problems.

Cs_Nexus

Smash Apprentice
some wavelanding fortresshogging has been fun and waveQUAKING D-smashing....

I was 1 stocking (faded):
G&W vs I(bowser)
D-grabed like 50 times and got owned by a srub last night.... dang #9 sign

Ronin686

Smash Ace
I've you're sliding from a wavedash, what the hell is the point in jump canceling a grab?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Ive never been able to do much with Bowsers Wavedash, sure its better than rolling, but I cant use it other than excuse to not pull off a (Powerfull yet innacurate) Dash attack.

Rsn6475

Smash Rookie
I didn't think that wavedashing would be useful at all with bowser since it takes so long for his jump to begin with << and I do see how the wavedashing into a jc grab doesn't make much sense. Ah well. I usually just roll, in the cases where i actually need to. Or Up B out of sheild or something ._.

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
Wavedashing w/ bowser is very useful when you can actually get good enough to get some range off of it. Wavedash back to a forward a or a fsmash is good for real serious attackers and wavedashing to the ledgegrab ftw is also real good cause who expects it of bowser? He isn't a char a lot of people expect stuff from so any time you pull of a high tier move like a wavedash people tend to be thrown off of their game.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Wavedashing w/ bowser is very useful when you can actually get good enough to get some range off of it. Wavedash back to a forward a or a fsmash is good for real serious attackers and wavedashing to the ledgegrab ftw is also real good cause who expects it of bowser? He isn't a char a lot of people expect stuff from so any time you pull of a high tier move like a wavedash people tend to be thrown off of their game.
>_>

<_<
>_<

<_>
*internal bleeding*

<_<

*cuts self*

*external bleeding*

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Umm, No, your wrong. You can wavedash, get less distance then youe 0 pixel moving roll, and MAYBE get an attack .0000001 seconds faster than by walking. Bowser has almost no wavedash, I gut take the lag from a Fortress and move farther. Fortress>Wavedashing; my point? I bled to death to see how much you think this is the Luigi forum... <_> *Esplodes*

Rsn6475

Smash Rookie
I was about to say o_O that's why I was saying up B out of sheild would be more useful but noo << i pretty much just wd when there's some distance between me and the opponent or the occasional ledge, just because I play high tier more often and i'm used to it. But that's not the point >_<

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I WD, but only to retreat f-tilts (as mentioned by Kevin M)... Okay, I lied. I also WD just to have people be like, wtf, you can wavedash with bowser?! <_<

Instead of WDing, waveland, and if you need to edgehog, use upB, as you can autograb from the tumbling animation, or by rolling right next to the edge and doing it.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
don't roll into the edge to fortresshog; bowser's got the laggiest roll in the world. for edgehogging i would just go for the sh/wavedash -> edgegrab, or if you're facing the edge, you can wd forward (automatically putting you in the teetering animation) and then upb -> edgegrab.

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
luigi forums or not bowser can get some range out of a wavedash. It all depends on how good your are at timing the r after your short hop and the diagonal distance of your control stick. I'd say that while most people here may have trouble getting the wavedash timing down w/ bowser for the people who can, like me, it is most helpful. And i did play luigi before so maybe that has something to do w/ it.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Umm, No, your wrong. You can wavedash, get less distance then youe 0 pixel moving roll, and MAYBE get an attack .0000001 seconds faster than by walking. Bowser has almost no wavedash, I gut take the lag from a Fortress and move farther. Fortress>Wavedashing; my point? I bled to death to see how much you think this is the Luigi forum... <_> *Esplodes*
I was about to say o_O that's why I was saying up B out of sheild would be more useful but noo << i pretty much just wd when there's some distance between me and the opponent or the occasional ledge, just because I play high tier more often and i'm used to it. But that's not the point >_<
luigi forums or not bowser can get some range out of a wavedash. It all depends on how good your are at timing the r after your short hop and the diagonal distance of your control stick. I'd say that while most people here may have trouble getting the wavedash timing down w/ bowser for the people who can, like me, it is most helpful. And i did play luigi before so maybe that has something to do w/ it.
Can all of you guys just stop posting.

Nothing you have said is correct...

Like i'm not trying to be mean, but this stuff is making my eyes bleed.

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
Can all of you guys just stop posting.

Nothing you have said is correct...

Like i'm not trying to be mean, but this stuff is making my eyes bleed.
At least we're trying to go w/ the topic... your post is just useless... None the less there there are many times where a quick wavedash or wave land back w/ bowser will save his *** and give him a upperhand in attack. Take it or leave it.:p

Binx

Smash Master
Kevin lol, I've never seen you give any advice, your always just slandering other people's, although it IS hillarious and they ARE wrong.

Anyways I am sure there may be times where a wavedash backwards would dodge an attack that a run might not, for edgehogging I think his short hop is generally faster or fortress hog.

Keep in mind I am not a bowser main/user just what I have seen of gimpy.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Kevin lol, I've never seen you give any advice, your always just slandering other people's, although it IS hillarious and they ARE wrong.

Anyways I am sure there may be times where a wavedash backwards would dodge an attack that a run might not, for edgehogging I think his short hop is generally faster or fortress hog.

Keep in mind I am not a bowser main/user just what I have seen of gimpy.
Wavedashed F-tilt is a good way to approach or retreat under pressure

Not many people can react to it.
If you're wavedashing i recommend the F-tilt, but theres almost no need to be wavedashing with Bowser, wavelanding is much more important

However i wavedash a lot of f-tilts for spacing problems.
Oh and the guide, oh and Tournament Level Bowser, which people should pay attention to btw,

Seriously think before you talk.. the reason i tell people to stop posting is because the advice they are giving is ********, and saying things like

"High tier moves like wavedashing" instantly proves you know nothing about the game

Bowser's wavedash is a terrible wavedash and the only reason you end up using it is just like any character, to create options, be it spacing or opening up another advance.

So in response

GG Binx though i don't mind you as much, just read up before you start talking, and other people just have to play a little more before the voice opinions, i mean this isn't an exclusive thread i don't intend to be an elitest but at least have some knowledge of what they are talking about, the thread is about using wavedash with Bowser, Misterbee just told us how to gain more distance with bowser, and the other one thinks wavedashing is a high tier move.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I only wavedash backwards for ftilt when my opponent comes in with an aerial that I know they're too far out on to hit me if I WD and also for lols because bowser is so much win when wavedashing. I've never been amazing at wavelanding as bowser. What are some good moves to pull off after wavelanding towards or away from your opponent?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
If you're wavelanding on just flat ground then you're either just going to jump back up and SHFFL a fair at him or F-tilt. Bowser doesn't have -TOO- many options coming out the waveland.

To mix up my game i like wavelanding off platforms and coming down with a fair. This can be a quick attack just useful enough for the little extra speed boost you get from the quick hop off.

Top Bottom