• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser (with custom moves) has a legitimate Wavedash.

DJay

Smash Rookie
h t t p s : / / w w w . y o u t u b e . c o m / w a t c h ? v = K G Z I a 8 Z f S l c & f e a t u r e = y o u t u . b e

(Due to dumb Smashboards posting rules, I cannot post a link until after I have posted 10 times already. Therefore the link is broken up. If someone could be so kind as to link the video in the comment below this?)

Apologies for quality. Just a little compilation attempting to show off some of the movement options that become available.

I found this last night. It would appear special-cancelling either of Bowser's custom Side Bs, followed by crouching allows Bowser to redirect his momentum. He can act out of this motion.

Custom 3 has a much farther range than Custom 2, therefore the momentum you receive does not push you quite as far.

I have no idea how useful this may become (depending on the legality of custom moves in the first place), as it is also fairly difficult to perform, but I feel anything that adds movement options should be shared.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Dunno how useful it'll be, but this is neat. It seems he can only "waveslash" backward after using the side B? I've only tried it with the dash slash

DJay

Smash Rookie
Dunno how useful it'll be, but this is neat. It seems he can only "waveslash" backward after using the side B? I've only tried it with the dash slash
You can get the backward momentum by just rolling the control stick from the crouch position to backwards. It has to be a fluid half-circle motion from the side-b forward, to the crouch, to back It takes a lot of practice. I still can't really do this consistently myself, but I'm definitely gonna keep at it so long as custom moves are allowed in some tournies out there. The timing feels tight for now, but I have a strong feeling this can be done consistently when I get my hands on a gamecube controller.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
If the WiiU version of this game doesn't have Showtime from Bowser's Inside Story to go with this I'll be disappointed.

I love seeing tech for Bowser like this, it was great enough that he had a lagless airdash, now we got this goin on! Glad I'm subbing him, holy **** lol.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If the WiiU version of this game doesn't have Showtime from Bowser's Inside Story to go with this I'll be disappointed.

I love seeing tech for Bowser like this, it was great enough that he had a lagless airdash, now we got this goin on! Glad I'm subbing him, holy **** lol.
nah it doesn't have showtime, it has a little something else though. was very pumped going through the music in stage builder to find it.

just a disclaimer i'm not actually allowed to talk about unlockables, i'm just talking about in the default tracks

Last edited:

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
but I dont have a fro >_>
My memory's a bit hazy but you did have hair bruh. We're talking around 2009-2010 when I met you at a Brawl+ tourney in Philly. But enough about that...someone mistook me for you, it's my sig, and that's that. Back to the topic >_> lol

Last edited:

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I'm going to make a clearer video explaining it in more detail. Custom 2 actually can go just as far but the timing is less lenient. Don't hurt me @ DJay DJay . I did just found something else that may be quite useful as well. It will be posted here shortly.

EDIT:

Seen early on, some moves carry the momentum from the slide. Dtilt being one of them and slightly uptilt. jab,ftilt,fsmash and upsmash seems to put it at a complete stop.

Last edited:

DJay

Smash Rookie
I'm going to make a clearer video explaining it in more detail. Custom 2 actually can go just as far but the timing is less lenient. Don't hurt me @ DJay DJay . I did just found something else that may be quite useful as well. It will be posted here shortly.

EDIT:

Seen early on, some moves carry the momentum from the slide. Dtilt being one of them and slightly uptilt. jab,ftilt,fsmash and upsmash seems to put it at a complete stop.
I'm lookin' forward to what it might be. Thanks for the credit by the way. Having someone with an actual capture card helps shine a lot more light on this technique. Haha

Azazel

Smash Journeyman
Here's a Setup for a waveslash.
Run-Off > Waveslash
On the edge of the stage jab(1 or 2) > buffered Side B > immediately(can't buffer) Side B
Jab and side B have a weird quark. If you jab then Side B you start falling. then you side B again for the waveslash. you cannot use this to waveslash on on platforms.

So you can do some a suprise waveslash Follow up from a Jab combo

Last edited:

Azazel

Smash Journeyman
You can get the backward momentum by just rolling the control stick from the crouch position to backwards. It has to be a fluid half-circle motion from the side-b forward, to the crouch, to back It takes a lot of practice. I still can't really do this consistently myself, but I'm definitely gonna keep at it so long as custom moves are allowed in some tournies out there. The timing feels tight for now, but I have a strong feeling this can be done consistently when I get my hands on a gamecube controller.
This is called Crawl Dashing. it was in brawl

Last edited:

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Um, try this where a slant meets a flat surface and you should go really freaking far. Like Snake DACUS far if I am right.

BoldFish

Smash Rookie
I dunno, looks more like a waveland to me. Still has uses, but not nearly as useful as a wavedash.

Wavedash was just a physics exploit just like this. Wavedash was using the momentum of Airdodge to slide. Wavedash was amazing since it was universal and instant and therefore practical.
Bowser can use Waveslash somewhat practically for some amazing movement options. I use Dash Slam
I understand what a wavedash is. A wavedash is a waveland done instantly out of a jump, so that you stay on the ground. It does not look like you can do that with bowser.

Last edited:

Azazel

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, looks more like a waveland to me. Still has uses, but not nearly as useful as a wavedash.
Wavedash was just a physics exploit just like this. Wavedash was using the momentum of Airdodge to slide. Wavedash was amazing since it was universal and instant and therefore practical.
Bowser can use Waveslash somewhat practically for some amazing movement options. I use Dash Slam

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
Hey Bowsers, is this still in the game or did Sakurai get wise?

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
Hope it survives the Mewtwo patch to see some serious Bowsers at custom Evo? That would be pretty hype y'know

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
Who doesn't like the King of Koopa?

The only time people hated him was during the Great Bowsercide Era of 2014.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Who doesn't like the King of Koopa?

The only time people hated him was during the Great Bowsercide Era of 2014.
Nah man. People loved it. I did. And I still do. Even if I lose on last stock I'll always go for the offstage suicide.

Initiator House Rule says I won. Especially if it's a run off Klaw and it connects.

Oh man my friend was salty it worked.

Top Bottom