• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser vs. Campers

bigmo131313

Smash Rookie
I've been gettin really comfortable with Bowser lately, but I seem to be running into problems with campers, more specifically Falco.

With other people trying to camp I can usually still do alright, but the fact that that Falco's laser stuns and shoots across the entire screen leaves me almost unable to do anything. One of my friends plays Falco and whenever I approach he just zips across me to the other side of the screen and continues to shoot.

I'm sure everyone's had to deal with this before, but how did yall handle it?

Thanks

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
I'm currently dealing with that problem too, Falco can be a terrible opponent to face, you can try to jump over the lasers, but that only gives falco a chance to shield grab and chain grab you to the edge of the stage then spike you. So sad...

Sliq

Smash Master
Almost all physical projectiles, and some energy ones, can be clanked by the beginning of the fortress. So you can technically run towrds a Toon Link, and Fortress right before you get hit by a projectile, and it will destroy the projectile, and IMMEDIATELY reset you. Your best bet against Falco is to not play FD and use platforms to get close to him.

mzink*

Smash Ace
With spammers so far my easiest strategy is picking smaller stages and staying relatively close to them so they can't space themselves to spam. Same with larger stages, stay close to them but it can be much more difficult. If only Bowser could chuck koopas or something lol.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Play Battlefield or Smashville instead of FD.

Battlefield is an all around better stage because platforms were intended to be part of the game mechanic and Smashville has less distance to camp from and the oscillating platform.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I dont do well on Battlefield sadly, and Falco campers are simply cowards.
As for his chaingrabbing, try to Up-B outta it.

The only thing i do against campers is run through it, and while this may be a stupid idea, i dont want to be in the air, since I'm vulnerable. Depending on the character spamming, i can take different approaches, as against a Falco, Keep Rolling towards them and even though you wont take that much damage, you will eventually reach them without being in the air.
Pika spams are easier, but not when im in the air.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Zelda from my knowledge is actually an easy camper to deal with. PS Din's Fire, approach her, and F-tilt her. Din's Fire can't do **** to you when you're a grounded char like Bowser so sucks for her lol.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Honestly, in a way Bowser can't win against campers. You can win the match, but you mentally break down by then from being pissed off.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Zelda from my knowledge is actually an easy camper to deal with. PS Din's Fire, approach her, and F-tilt her. Din's Fire can't do **** to you when you're a grounded char like Bowser so sucks for her lol.
I find a campy Zelda easier to deal with then a aggressive one due to them being more predictable.

Bowser vs Campers is kinda hopeless tho. You have to really get your perfect shielding down which is what I've been working on for a while now but the fact that they can be so unpredictable at anytime makes it very tough. Bowser is predictable when it comes to playing against someone who spam projectiles and hangs at the end of the stage. (at least if they're a good camper)

KishSquared

Smash Master
I have no problems with campers. Run at them and air-dodge through projectiles. You have to be smart about it, but if used right you can get most campers to stop because they think it's not working anymore.

That's how I win online. I'm not sure about Falco so much, but it works great against Wolf and ROB, and even Snake.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
I have no problems with campers. Run at them and air-dodge through projectiles. You have to be smart about it, but if used right you can get most campers to stop because they think it's not working anymore.

That's how I win online. I'm not sure about Falco so much, but it works great against Wolf and ROB, and even Snake.
You beat Wolf players using Bowser? I need your training then lol

QUIVO

Smash Master
I do what Kishsquared does against most projectile spammers. I still have a tough time against Falco though. Even if he's up close, all I can really do is spam fortress from the shield.

KishSquared

Smash Master
You beat Wolf players using Bowser? I need your training then lol
I actually beat the #1 player on Gamebattles, who mains Wolf ^_^ Just air-dodge through projectiles and avoid his combos. Fortress when he gets on top of you. It's not so bad.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Pressure wolf lol, get on his *** and don't let him breathe. Punish him for everything he messes up. His airials aren't too bad. The laser can be a problem..just play smart..and jump over and klaw him while he's in his laser lag :p

CervPurp63

Smash Apprentice
when people camp, i try to trap them at the edge of the stage and down smash, no matter what they do, they'll take damage on it. either that or just ban Final Destination if the tournament allows you to ban stages.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I mentioned earlier that I think you should actually take Zelda ON FD. I think she's the main exception when it comes to campers.

Zelda's Din's Fire is one of the easiest projectiles to counter with shield IMO. This allows you to stay on the ground where she can't do much to you, and where you can do things to her. Because FD has no platforms, this is to your advantage so you don't get U-air ***** as easily.

Din's Fire is really just meant to limit aerial approachers. Bowser is one of the better ground approachers, so Din's Fire as far as I'm concerned really doesn't do what it's supposed to against him.

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if this is 100% fool proof, but I've managed to get out of falco's chaingrab by footstool jumping him. I managed to do this three time, so either my opponent's timing is a little off or I may have discovered a way to escape this dirty tactic.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Ugg, I just dealt with a camper firsthand and while I won the majority of the games, it's a hollow, empty victory.

Each match went on upwards of 5 minutes because this player refused to be anything but reactionary: just sat at one side of the stage and waited until I approached and then counterattacked.

Oy...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Campers suck whenever you play as anyone that can't camp back. I use Wario, and I detest them as well, though we have more ways to handle it than Bowser mains do D:

gantrain05

Smash Master
u really think wolf is the worst? my friend plays wolf, and while he uses a fair amount of his laser, he really relies alot on his smashes and Neutral A combo, and well i just shield alot and hit him back with either an F-tilt or Neutral A, and believe it or not bowser is actually pretty good at keeping someone off the edge with his quick Fair and fire breath, i honestly have more trouble with Toon link.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Campers suck whenever you play as anyone that can't camp back. I use Wario, and I detest them as well, though we have more ways to handle it than Bowser mains do D:
Yeah Wario's aerials don't lag and his Bike can go through projectiles.

I'm sure his dair works wonders against campers.

Bowser however has to rely on fair(which has lag and can get him punish before it comes out) dair(which sucks all together) and firebreath(which isn't a great move when someone is spamming projectiles at you.

I mostly rely on my perfect shielding skills then ftilt once I'm in range.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I've had many experiences with noobish campers, especially Wolf and Fox players.
For Fox, id just run towards him regardless of the damage, but some foxes like to trick you. Because of this, before I get close to them I stop, wait for them to do the F-smash then use my Fsmash to beat them. If that dont work, I resort to Bowsercides, when necessary.

For Wolf, Its either i go into the air or I endure the blaster pain and attack with Neutral A, then continue the assault on Wolf before he goes back to his camping game.

Link and Toon Link, which happen to be recent Projectile spammers as well, I hate the bombs, and Fsmash spam. Giving them pressure takes more time because they have 3 different projectiles. Like all spammers, I try to trick them into doing something, then attack.

And Even though my Wario lost to such a spamming Fox noob before, with some D-air to U-smash spamming as well, for Bowser, I wont be afraid to Bowsercide. However, tricking such annoyances will play a role if you can catch the enemy at the right time.

pKNeM

Smash Cadet
I would suggest watching KishSquared and Gimpyfish's videos on youtube. There just happen to be a variety of matches showing some efficient play against spammers that you might find useful.

Top Bottom