• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Standing Infinite

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
So me and my friend Haydino were stuffing around in Brawl and ended up on Halberd, partway through the match I (ground) grab released his MK (as bowser, obviously) on the little slope on the first transformation (the bit where its flying around) and managed to grab him again. We did a bit of testing on this and found out it is a standing infinite on MK on Halberd, and it also works on Luigi (confirmed). We also tested it for a bit with Zamus and found she is slightly to thin to be grabbed again. We tested this on a few other stages and found it also works on Castle Siege tansformations 1 and 2 on the slopes, parts of Brinstar, but not on custom stage stairs or Distant Planet. I'm going to test this on other characters but it would be helpful if you could do you own testing as I'm only one guy.

Edit: Response to Mr.Eh:

I know Bowser can infinite against walls, but I'm talking about slope infinites, which means Bowser has:

16/38 characters who can always be grabbed from a grab release (Bowser, Captain Falcon, Charizard, Diddy Kong, Falco, Ganondorf, Ike, King Dedede, Link, Lucas, Meta Knight, Pikachu, Sheik, Snake, Squirtle, Wario)
3 Characters who can be ground release standind infinited (Charizard, Ivysaur, Wario)
13/22 ' legal' stages Bowser can (at some point) (probably) infinite people on (Yoshi's Island, Castle Siege, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Pokémon Stadium 1, Brinstar, Delfino, Frigate Orpheon, Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Rainbow Cruise, Green Greens)
8 'legal' stages Bowser can (at some point) wall infinite people on
10 'legal' stages Bowser can (at some point) (probably) slope infinite people on

MrEh

Smash Hero
Stage dependent infinites? Who knew!

But seriously, this can happen in a lot of places. Or anyplace with a wall really.

B!squick

Smash Master
Makes sense. The slopes would naturally mean that opponents will break closer to Bowser regardless of whether it's a ground release or a break release.

MrEh

Smash Hero
16/38 characters who can always be grabbed from a grab release (Bowser, Captain Falcon, Charizard, Diddy Kong, Falco, Ganondorf, Ike, King Dedede, Link, Lucas, Meta Knight, Pikachu, Sheik, Snake, Squirtle, Wario)
Technically, Bowser can regrab anyone 100% of the time from a ground release. (except Yoshi and DK) It just takes some good skills to force the ground release all the time.

Flayl

Smash Hero
The list is for those that can be both grabbed out of ground and air release, JayDeth (can I call you JD?).

calv

Smash Cadet
Im pretty sure you can do a Down throw on slopes and combo into it as the slope stops them from going to far.

Top Bottom