• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Recolors/Alt Costumes

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I feel like Sakurai will replace Bowser's original blue color with Dark Bowser from Mario and Luigi 3.

D

Deleted member

I feel like Sakurai will replace Bowser's original blue color with Dark Bowser from Mario and Luigi 3.
It's not actually original; it's based off of his colors on the Japanese/European box art for Super Mario Bros. I wouldn't mind a Dark Bowser color, but it seems more likely they'd keep the current one; Mario RPGs have barely had any representation in Smash. In Brawl there was a few trophies, stickers, and a single music track.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Dark Bowser is a good start for a blue Bowser costume (IMO)

In addition, one of his new alts. reminds me of Morton Koopa, Jr.

Dry Bowser is still an expectation if alt. costumes are a reality.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I hope that alternate costumes are unlockable by doing certain objectives with that character.
On a side note though, how do you make spoiler boxes because I really don't know and I should.

I want to know so I don't just slap pictures on for everyone to see if they don't want to.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
The relevance of this post just skyrocketed since blue Bowser wasn't even playable in the demo while red and green were present.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I do know that Bowser is now a confirmed Super Saiyan with one of his color choices.
I think it's his red costume but I'm not 100%.

Personally, the original green Bowser is my favorite.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I like what they did with his King Koopa color which was the one where he was green and on the blue team.

Croco

Smash Lord
This my take on the classic box art..

Bowser Jr. Costume

Some of the Koopalings..

Last edited:

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Dude your classic box art Bowser recolor is pretty kickass, and is so much better than mine too, so nice job on that! And out of the Koopaling recolors, the Iggy one looks the best. I really hope they put the former in the game. And Dry Bowser, of course.

This my take on the classic box art..

Bowser Jr. Costume

Some of the Koopalings..

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I will be disappointed if his gold and silver costume doesn't return.

theTRUEchamp

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if you guys knew, but two new recolors for Bowser were confirmed at E3. Here they are:

For the first time in his Smash career, it appears Bowser is getting a green costume. I think it looks good.

This yellow/purple costume looks sick. If I decide to make Bowser one of my mains for Sm4sh, this may very well be the costume that I primarily use. That is, if Dark Bowser doesn't make the cut...

gamerjohn1991

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamerjohn1991
3DS FC
5370-1230-7105
Not sure if you guys knew, but two new recolors for Bowser were confirmed at E3. Here they are:

For the first time in his Smash career, it appears Bowser is getting a green costume. I think it looks good.

This yellow/purple costume looks sick. If I decide to make Bowser one of my mains for Sm4sh, this may very well be the costume that I primarily use. That is, if Dark Bowser doesn't make the cut...
Actually, if you visit Smash Wiki (the NIWA version), it states that the green costume is based on his SMBSS design and his SMW Design, while the yellow one is based on his poisoned palette from SMRPG.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Actually, if you visit Smash Wiki (the NIWA version), it states that the green costume is based on his SMBSS design, while the yellow one is based on his poisoned palette from SMRPG.
I thought the green one was based off of Super Mario World. It looks like the skin on his arms are green too. The spikes on his back sort of match too.

I wonder if he'll get something based on the other Koopalings. I think the Black and White suit was based on Morton if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I came to this thread to bring you my favorite Bowser alt costume option. Armored Bowser from Yoshi's Safari.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
i know this may not happen but the mario strikers bowser was pretty awesome

I actually like this idea too, but they'd probably end up removing the claws in favor of half-gloves or something since the metal claws on those gloves might clip through his wrists or something when he's throwing punches. Unless they could find a way to make it work with the claws on without there being a lot of obvious clipping; I wonder if they would use strikers costumes for anyone else.

Pokemon-master

Smash Apprentice
NNID
fadi
3DS FC
0791-2291-3156
I actually like this idea too, but they'd probably end up removing the claws in favor of half-gloves or something since the metal claws on those gloves might clip through his wrists or something when he's throwing punches. Unless they could find a way to make it work with the claws on without there being a lot of obvious clipping; I wonder if they would use strikers costumes for anyone else.
imean strikes even made peach look manly and distructive.....

Sababu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sababu1
I love the colors you use :)

My inspiration is that I just want Pink characters, haha.
We dont need anymore Bowser alts. Dry Bowser is cool and all, but we already have Super Sayien Bowser and he has Power. P.S. me want female Bowser.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117

I remember seeing these, i forgot about the pure Green one though. Also, SSJ Bowser FTW.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I remember seeing these, i forgot about the pure Green one though. Also, SSJ Bowser FTW.
Super Saiyan(Red)Bowser is damn good. If we don't get the Black and Gold Bowser, that one might be my main color.

Last edited:

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
My list for Bowser costumes:

-Regular
-Black costume from previous games
-Green costume
-Yellow and purple costume
-Brown Bowser with a black shell and gray face
-White Bowser with a brown shell and blue face
-Dark Bowser
-Dry Bowser

_Sheik

Smash Lord
So with Samus in shorts' inclusion, I think anything can be just as likely. --> Dry Bowser.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!

I want this one, Ludwig is my favorite!

They should have a yellow Bowser color with Ludwig's Super Mario World color scheme.

Last edited:

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
How would you guys feel about Rookie?

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
Seems like too simple of a costume. I mean, it looks like it'd be just bowser with a blue head.

Top Bottom