• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Recolors/Alt Costumes

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
I know a lot of people would like to see Dry Bowser. I'd like to see that happen as well, in addition to recolors based off of the Dull, Red, and Dark Bones from Paper Mario.

As for recolors for standard Bowser, I, like many others, would like to see one based on Dark Bowser.

Another potential recolor to include is his original design palette, featured below...
originalbowser.png

But that may conflict with his normal green and blue recolors, as it could be mistaken for those palettes during gameplay.

It also might be cool for them to include recolors based on the Bombshell, Dark, and KP Koopas, or maybe even the Koopalings. What about you guys?

Last edited:

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I wish I was on my Laptop but I'll use the OP Bowser for reference.

Pink/Gold themed Bowser.

Pink Shell
Gold horns, spikes, and shell outline
Pink chains with gold spikes
Pink hair
Pink skin
White underbelly
Gold mouth

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
No problem. It's actually a really good idea for a recolor. Very similar to Meta Knight's pink and yellow recolor, now that I think of it. Did you happen to be inspired by that one, by any chance?

By the way, some ideas for Dry Bowser recolors...
Dry Bowsers.png

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
No problem. It's actually a really good idea for a recolor. Very similar to Meta Knight's pink and yellow recolor, now that I think of it. Did you happen to be inspired by that one, by any chance?

By the way, some ideas for Dry Bowser recolors...
View attachment 13198
I love the colors you use :)

My inspiration is that I just want Pink characters, haha.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I did'nt even think of dry bowser being an alternate costume for normal bowser, that'd be pretty cool to see I think as well. As far as skin colors go, I like the blue shell, blue face, yellow mouth, and green body instead.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I hope he keeps the Black White and Gold colors from Brawl. That one looked really cool. Maybe he can have a Dark Bowser one too. But Bowser's alternate costume pretty should definitely be Dry Bowser, it's too damn cool.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I know a lot of people would like to see Dry Bowser. I'd like to see that happen as well, in addition to recolors based off of the Dull, Red, and Dark Bones from Paper Mario.

As for recolors for standard Bowser, I, like many others, would like to see one based on Dark Bowser. Another potential recolor to include is his original design palette...
View attachment 13093
But that may conflict with his normal green and blue recolors, as it could be mistaken for those palettes during gameplay.

It also might be cool for them to include recolors based on the Bombshell, Dark, and KP Koopas, or maybe even the Koopalings. What about you guys?
That Dark Bowser palette swap is truly brilliant.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Unless you're talking about Dark or Dreamy Bowser from the Mario & Luigi series, the one in Super Mario RPG is no different than his normal palette save for its higher color contrast.

Last edited:

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
All I need is Bowsers blue alternate colour from Melee and Brawl. Give me that and I'm good to go haha

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
I really want to see Super Mario 64 Bowser as an alt. A Giga Bowser costume would be great too.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I was really fond of the Blue alternate for Bowser: Viking Metal Bowser as I call it. It actually used to be my least favorite back in Melee, but I have really warmed up to it. I use it as my default. Other than that, I believe that Pink Bowser is a great idea. I honestly do not want Dry Bowser as an alternate, it is just too obvious.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I love Dry Bowser but Meowser is the only acceptable alt.

Dry Bowser makes sense for hunchbacked Bowser but he's gone now. Can't imagine Dry Bowser standing up right.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
That's only because you've never seen Dry Bowser standing upright.... ;)
The thing about Dry Bowser is that he actually looks drastically different from regular Bowser. Even in games where Bowser is standing upright, Dry Bowser is ALWAYS hunched back lol.

Guess it's all the muscle loss.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
If we were to look at every possible choice that they might make, then we could consider the possibility that they may go the little mac route and give us classic Bowser as a possible alt choice, which I wouldn't mind so much as long as it wasn't the only choice. Of course, I certainly would love to see Dry Bowser and I wouldn't mind Tiger Bowser either, as long as it wasn't the only alt choice; I suppose there's also striker's charged.

I probably missed a bunch, but those were the only one I could think of off hand that look different enough from the default iteration to warrant being an alt.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'm not. I'm just being an ***. :laugh:

It really doesn't matter since Smash is non canon. :awesome:
It's not about canon. I thought it was obvious that I'm talking about proportions here.

Dry Bowser to begin with even if he's supposed to be a skeletal version of Bowser has a drastically different anatomy. The reason why Dry Bowser is always hunched back because it'd be a weird design choice to have him stand straight up, where the underside of his shell looks big especially compared to the small skeletal arms and legs. It makes sense for normal Bowser because his large muscles support the weight where with Dry Bowser he'll look really weird and inconsistent.

I mean you could redesign him to go with the current Bowser design but why go that far for an alt especially when there's a suitable option in Meowser? I honestly doubt we'll be getting alts anyway.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
That dark bowser looks really good. One thing I need to say would you want dry bowser to take up the color white and dark bowser to take up the Color blue, or have them as either just separate costumes or separate costumes with their own colors.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Thanks! It's actually based on the original Bowser design. Shoulda indicated that more clearly haha.

I would indeed like to see them as separate costumes with their own colors, it just makes more sense that way. Not to mention that they've done away with color palette swaps indicating team colors, so now no character is under the obligation to have any specific recolor. Plus Dry Bowser is a really cool look for Bowser; I don't see why they shouldn't have some recolors. That is, if they do include Dry Bowser.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

As for recolors for standard Bowser, I, like many others, would like to see one based on Dark Bowser.

Another potential recolor to include is his original design palette, featured below...
View attachment 13093

Passing through, and I thought I'd mention that teams now have colored outlines instead of being a certain palette choice.

Top Bottom