• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser needs a buff

Tiko

Smash Rookie
Every time they add a new character it has ways of countering bowsers playstyle. Its ridiculous, bowser needs to be up close and personal and every single time they give these new characters all these cheap gimmicks to prevent that from happening. He needs to be buffed to be on par with the changes.

he needs super armor added to his fair and dair imo. Just to weather through all the nonsense projectiles this game has and the fact that these projectile spam friendly characters can also challenge bowsers melee sometimes is ridiculous.

Dε√ilj∦o

Smash Journeyman
Bowser is an intriguing case in 8.0.0. I was one who believed for a while that Bowser, ever since its last buff, should be kept unchanged for the rest of the game's lifespan.

But now, I agree that he needs a few more buffs, but I really don't know which.

Universal buffs to all characters that I would like to see and would indirectly greatly improve Bowser:

- Make it so parrying now always blocks multi-hit moves.
- Make it so characters have grab invulnerability for 60 frames when they're hit by a projectile.

Direct and, imo, reasonable buffs for Bowser:

- Increase the heavy armor threshold of all Smash attacks.

- Increase Up air's knockback.

- Slightly increase Flying Slam's knocback or lower is angle.

- Less end lag on Fire Breath.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Every time they add a new character it has ways of countering bowsers playstyle. Its ridiculous, bowser needs to be up close and personal and every single time they give these new characters all these cheap gimmicks to prevent that from happening. He needs to be buffed to be on par with the changes.

he needs super armor added to his fair and dair imo. Just to weather through all the nonsense projectiles this game has and the fact that these projectile spam friendly characters can also challenge bowsers melee sometimes is ridiculous.
Considering you posted less than a half hour later saying that you’re returning SSBU to gamestop due to its “balance issues” I don’t think you’re a very credible source for who needs buffs.
That being said, I’m fine with Bowser as it stands. He’s fun, he’s thicc, he’s a high-mid tier at the very least, and he’s got enough tools to balance out his weaknesses. If he did get buffed, I’d most want dair to be more disjointed to beat things like Palu uair. Fair is really good as it is though, I don’t think it “needs” buffs in the slightest. Aerial up b could use some knockback buffs, as it almost never kills reliably off the top.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Considering you posted less than a half hour later saying that you’re returning SSBU to gamestop due to its “balance issues” I don’t think you’re a very credible source for who needs buffs.
That being said, I’m fine with Bowser as it stands. He’s fun, he’s thicc, he’s a high-mid tier at the very least, and he’s got enough tools to balance out his weaknesses. If he did get buffed, I’d most want dair to be more disjointed to beat things like Palu uair. Fair is really good as it is though, I don’t think it “needs” buffs in the slightest. Aerial up b could use some knockback buffs, as it almost never kills reliably off the top.
I agree 100% with this, Bowser's fine as he is now

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
If Bowser plays the way I imagine from what I hear about his abilities, then he really does not need too much. The only long-standing concept I would like promoted for him is that of a character who gives other fighters a real reason to quake, which 'Tough Guy' has come closest too. I feel like there is something he should have which could have opponents in a nervous tremble through the whole match, and not just when he has low damage.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
If Bowser plays the way I imagine from what I hear about his abilities, then he really does not need too much. The only long-standing concept I would like promoted for him is that of a character who gives other fighters a real reason to quake, which 'Tough Guy' has come closest too. I feel like there is something he should have which could have opponents in a nervous tremble through the whole match, and not just when he has low damage.
He does have damage based heavy armor on his smashes and tilts throughout the whole match (which is seperate from tough guy). So he sort of does have something like that.
(But to be frank, I wish all superheavies had something like that. Would give them the edge that they need to compensate for their weight.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Lolno. He's literally perfect. One of the best-designed characters in the entire game if you ask me. Great strengths, and just the right amount of weaknesses to make him quite good, but not too overwhelming.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Isn't Bowser typically considered to be on the lower end of high tier or the top of mid? Bowser shouldn't be touched at all. There are characters in much more of a need for buffs and changes, like Ganondorf who is just terrible, and Marth who is outright much worse than his echo in everyway.

Top Bottom