• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Bowser-Kicking ***

Caius oni

Smash Rookie
Caius oni submitted a new guide:

Bowser - Koopa powa

Hello everyone. I am Cauis and im going to give you some insight on what bowser can be truly capable of.

This is my first guide so bear with me . Lets start with what moves and how they are going to be used.

Jab: Good

It has space, nice speed and 11%. This move is great for quick punishes and powerful early. Use it to rack up quick damage and apply shield pressure.

Tilts: Good

Lets go worst to best with all these.
-Utilt is just not as good as the others its too slow and usmash is better...
Read more about this guide...

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
The guide is really short, so I wasn't expecting much.

First and foremost, thank you for giving your input on Bowser's moveset--but this "guide" does lack a lot of depth and detail.

There are a number of uses for certain moves. You could, perhaps, explain the situations where Whirling Fortress may be beneficial and where it may not be beneficial? There's a lot more to the move than just saying it's good for "punishing quickly" or "for when people get behind you". In fact, it is good for punishing quickly, yes, but only in certain situations. Bowser's punish game is one of the hallmarks of his play, so you would need to elaborate on when it's good to use for a punish. Make sense?

Maybe I will have to write a guide soon. I'm not doing anything else important; I might as well start.

Last edited:

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
I'm sorry, but what you said about the Bowser Bomb is simply wrong. Aerial B-Bomb is terrible, and is easily read and give tons of punish opportunities. On the ground, it can be used as a mic-up and as a way to break the shields of block-happy players.

Top Bottom