• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Jr. Thread (Shadow Mario idea included!!!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ His previous post: If those ugly Bowser's didn't last doesn't that tell you anything? e.g. they were rubbish.

But just because you don't like his personality doesn't mean he doesn't have one... or anyone else does. And even EVEN (In the extremely unlikely) circumstance that he is a Bowser clone he will still be a great character, I mean how many people are wishing for a fast Bowser?

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
@ His previous post: If those ugly Bowser's didn't last doesn't that tell you anything? e.g. they were rubbish.

But just because you don't like his personality doesn't mean he doesn't have one... or anyone else does. And even EVEN (In the extremely unlikely) circumstance that he is a Bowser clone he will still be a great character, I mean how many people are wishing for a fast Bowser?
I've been wishing for a faster Bowser, but to say he's a clone, that's failure. This is intended for the person who called him a clone.

Most logical moveset:

B = Hammer (from SMB)
Smash B = Spiked shell (rushes forward, hides in shell, and sticks out spikes)
Up B = Not sure (okay, not so logical)
Down B = Transform
Final Smash = Doom Ship -OR- Giga Bowser Jr.

B = Mud ball
Smash B = Oil slick
Up B = Paint portal
Down B = Transform
Final Smash: Paint Piranha

Because the Doom Ship FS would be weird in the Doom Ship level, which would be an epic level.

EDIT: I think that Bowser Jr. should be exclusive from his paint moves, so Shadow Mario's moves don't seem redundant.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Because the Doom Ship FS would be weird in the Doom Ship level, which would be an epic level.

EDIT: I think that Bowser Jr. should be exclusive from his paint moves, so Shadow Mario's moves don't seem redundant.
yes thank you, bowser jr. can easily have a move set in his normal form that is completely unique without the need of that paint brush. then we can give shadow mario the paint brush and make it so shadow mario isnt a mario clone.

bowser jr. up B-angry jump stomp, B jr. jumps straight up and is able to adjust his landing in a similar way as kirby.

shadow mario up B- he pulls out his paint brush and paints in the air with it, sliding across the path way in a horizontal recovery method.

ummm... random thing that increases shadow mario transformation chances... In super mario galaxy if a cosmic comet flies over a planet you're challenged to a race by Shadow Mario, also its bowser jr. because it plays his theme and shadow mario giggles like bowser jr. does

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
yes thank you, bowser jr. can easily have a move set in his normal form that is completely unique without the need of that paint brush. then we can give shadow mario the paint brush and make it so shadow mario isnt a mario clone.

bowser jr. up B-angry jump stomp, B jr. jumps straight up and is able to adjust his landing in a similar way as kirby.

shadow mario up B- he pulls out his paint brush and paints in the air with it, sliding across the path way in a horizontal recovery method.
Bowser Jr needs the brush more. Getting stomped on the head by a ****** turtle would be SO painful. Seriously. Bowser Jr's whole thing was with the brush.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Sakurai is paying heavy attention to Mario Sunshine for reps of the Mario series. We have Fludd, Delfino Plaza... I think if anyone should come in as the new additional Mario Rep... Bowser Jr should.

btw, when I say reps I mean representation, not just character rep.

Weruop

Smash Ace
That's cool and all but.........................

If they add Shadow Mario, might as well add Sunshine Mario with the water gun. And I don't think that should be in there. Although I can see the gun's third form, [jet boost thing] as his recovery. Either way, I don't think Sunshine Mario should be in it.

If they added Baby Bowser based from somewhere else, that'd be cool. But otherwise, nah.
LOL OWNED!

*from the future*

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
He had the bush in Mairo Tennis. But I wounder why they didn't add Shadow Mario on that game but they added him in Mario Golf?

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
I just realized how perfect Bowser Jr. would be for SSBB. He's obviously a unique enough character to have his own move-set and to not be a Bowser close. His attitude is perfect for Brawl. He's cute, funny, and I've never seen the guy not be up for a fight. And he's been involved in so many games since he's been introduced in Sunshine. (Strikers Charged, Baseball, Double Dash, and most recently SM Galaxy) I feel that he's becoming a huge iconic character in the Mario franchise and I know 100% that if another Mushroom Kingdom representative were to be included, it would have to be my man, Bowser Jr.

So, basically, I'm not going to spend my time wishing and praying for off-the-wall 3rd party nods like Shadow the Hedgehog or barely popular characters like Capt. Olimar to be in Brawl. I'm sticking with Bowser Jr. from now until February 10th, when I'll know for certain if he's in or not.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
i don't think they need shadow mario in the game. i enjoy the bj character more. Bj has to be his own independent character. i don't see shadow mario making it out of sunshine

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
nah. BJ does not need a fusion moveset. he has more then enough with the paint brush. IMO the reason zelda had a fusion set was because she wasn't depicted as having much to fight with. even the spells were not hers. they were gifted to link in OoC. bowser jr is breaking of from shadow mario. he is his own character with his own personality. The brush should stay as his trademark but SD is going down down down.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
nah. BJ does not need a fusion moveset. he has more then enough with the paint brush. IMO the reason zelda had a fusion set was because she wasn't depicted as having much to fight with. even the spells were not hers. they were gifted to link in OoC. bowser jr is breaking of from shadow mario. he is his own character with his own personality. The brush should stay as his trademark but SD is going down down down.
I disagree with you bro. Bowser Jr. isn't quite Bowser Jr. without his Shadow Mario alter-ego. Two movesets would instantly make him a force to be reckoned with even though it's already been done with Zelda and Samus.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
but shadow mario isn't his alter-ego. it's just something he used to get mario into some crap. sheik is zelda. and Zamus is Samus. he needs to be his own character

No differences in appearance from Shadow Mario
Bowser Jr.'s voice
Bowser Jr.'s music

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's no coincidence.

100% of the time, Cosmic Mario looks like Shadow Mario, sounds like Shadow Mario, acts like Shadow Mario, and has Shadow Mario's music.

Bowser is already causing chaos, yet he can't use a comet to summon Bowser Jr.'s Mario copy?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Rossetta/rossalina whatever it is, said the comets create trouble in the galaxy, the cosmic comet created the cosmic mario, tough the idea was to look identical and sound Identical, they ARENT the same person, it says so in the game COSMIC mario, besides Bowser jr was with the fleet, he didnt had time to transform into SHADOW mario, hell he didnt even had the painbrush to do such a thing...

just because theyre similair doesnt mean theyre the same look at samus/dark samus...
the blue mario from galaxy is cosmic mario, created by the cosmic comet, who has no relation with bowser/bowser jr, its just a comet similair to many others that just wrek havoc in the galaxy its in, in the end cosmic mario =/= shadow mario, theyre VERY VERY similair, but shadow mario IS bowser jr, but cosmic mario AINT bowser jr, hell cosmic mario has stars within himself, in comparison with the liquid like look of shadow mario...

The fact of the matter is that it is Shadow Mario's design. It doesn't matter if it's not Shadow Mario, they're consistently using the design and not just trying to sweep it under the rug.

Stryks

Smash Hero
YES I KNOW its the design, but u cant say SHADOW mario has 2 appearances because some guy looks so identical to him, they use the same design on purpose, but bowser jr is shadow mario, and cosmic mario is neither of the two...

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I disagree with you bro. Bowser Jr. isn't quite Bowser Jr. without his Shadow Mario alter-ego. Two movesets would instantly make him a force to be reckoned with even though it's already been done with Zelda and Samus.
not realy an alter ego, more like a way of disguiseing himself.
but shadow mario isn't his alter-ego. it's just something he used to get mario into some crap. sheik is zelda. and Zamus is Samus. he needs to be his own character
shadow mario=bowser jr.+paint brush. if we give bowser jr. his paint brush in his costume, then he can turn into the shadow mario form. if he doesnt have it, then he cant its that simple.
Shadow Mario has appeared in two games.
100% of the time, Cosmic Mario looks like Shadow Mario, sounds like Shadow Mario, acts like Shadow Mario, and has Shadow Mario's music.

Bowser is already causing chaos, yet he can't use a comet to summon Bowser Jr.'s Mario copy?
YES I KNOW its the design, but u cant say SHADOW mario has 2 appearances because some guy looks so identical to him, they use the same design on purpose, but bowser jr is shadow mario, and cosmic mario is neither of the two...
cosmic mario was made purposefully to look like shadow mario, its a cameo of sorts I guess...even though he isnt shadow mario directly, he is still in a way the same guy. IN A WAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom