• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Jr. 1.0.8 changes?

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
Your best bet is legitimate testing alongside an old copy. Anecdotal evidence is unfortunately insufficient to determine any serious conclusions.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
His up-air previously did 11 or 12 % (I can't remember which), but now it does 10%.

Can't confirm since I don't main him, but I think his neutral B cooldown got significantly lowered. Can anyone confirm? Otherwise, he seems mostly unchanged. Haven't been able to test his jab since that was one of his most obvious flaws in 1.07. Anyone able to test?

TheRetroBitGamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheRetroBitGamer
His up-air previously did 11 or 12 % (I can't remember which), but now it does 10%.

Can't confirm since I don't main him, but I think his neutral B cooldown got significantly lowered. Can anyone confirm? Otherwise, he seems mostly unchanged. Haven't been able to test his jab since that was one of his most obvious flaws in 1.07. Anyone able to test?
He feels unchanged, I thought his Uair did 11% also, but I tested it on my 1.0.7 3DS (turned wireless communication off a week prior to be extra safe) alongside my updated Wii U version and all the moves deal the same damage.

My test consisted of using 1/4x speed on training mode with my unupdated 3DS and my updated Wii U version and having to do really awkward things to make sure I input a move at the same time. Sorry guys, no changes to the Koopalings it appears.

punkonjunk

Smash Cadet
NNID
punkonjunk
3DS FC
3480-2775-5641
Switch FC
Sw-7819-1079-8971
Up-smash used to catch my buddy from the side if he dropped his shield to try and punish, instead of rolling. This seems much harder, you have to overlap now - previously, peach could be adjacent to me, and it would grab him into the usmash.
I can't compare this side by side, but if anyone else can, that'd be helpful. Upsmash hitbox seems smaller.

Last edited:

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Seems my favorite edgeguard in the game is gone, the mechakoopas dont get the strong hit on the way down but pops off to miss with the strong hit when used for edgeguard, meaning my 4 mechakoopas against ganondorfedgeguard wont be repeated ever again ;(

TheRetroBitGamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheRetroBitGamer
Seems my favorite edgeguard in the game is gone, the mechakoopas dont get the strong hit on the way down but pops off to miss with the strong hit when used for edgeguard, meaning my 4 mechakoopas against ganondorfedgeguard wont be repeated ever again ;(
I just tested it and MK edgeguards still work like they used to before the update, they're just inconsistent sometimes.

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
While I'd like a couple buffs, I'm totally okay with no changes.

Top Bottom