• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser in Subspace Emissary

Sasori's_Shadow

Smash Apprentice
The one and only reason he would ally with bad guys is for profit. If he is betrayed, then he does not. He kidnaps Zelda, wouldn't the most logical assumption be that he allies with Zelda (or whomever he kidnaps)?
Eh, kind of I promised I wouldn't respond to this, but I 'm having trouble ignoring this. I am going to ignore the first part of your post though, merely because you're getting into perspective. Simply put, what you may perceive as heroic, I may not, especially if you're disregarding motives. And on another note, I'm not trying to teach you anything about Wario. Again, don't put words in my mouth.

Anyways, to answer your question: no, it's not logical. In fact that's maybe the least logical assumption you could make, especially if you consider the motives as to why anyone kidnaps another person (and if your stuck it's certainly not to ally with them or even help them in any way, shape, or form). And because I don't feel like spelling it out for you, I'll leave it at that.

Also, there is no logic to saying that a character with more starring roles than evil roles is more a villain than hero.
And again you're throwing around the word "logic," as if your argument is even remotely so. Anyways, yes, it is valid to say that someone who's had more appearances as a villain than as a hero is a villain.

But don't get me wrong. I wouldn't call Wario a "villain" either. On the other hand he's definately not by any means a hero in any sense of the word, but I wouldn't say he's evil either. Though like I've been trying to say, his characteristics are really more villainous than anything else.

And now I'm done. Eh, sorry in advance for getting off-topic Gimpy.

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
And again you're throwing around the word "logic," as if your argument is even remotely so. Anyways, yes, it is valid to say that someone who's had more appearances as a villain than as a hero is a villain.
I find this coming from a guy with Sir Meta Knight as his avatar to be quite ironic. Though I'm pretty sure myself Wario is not siding with the princess he is kidnapping, that just seems odd. Perhaps it is not only money Wario has been promised but power. Wario is a greedy dude I'm sure he has no problem doing what ever as long as it benefits himself.

Ugh, I promised I wouldn't respond to this, but I just can't ignore it. I am going to ignore the first part of your post though, merely because you're getting into perspective. The concepts of good and evil are widely debated, and what you may see as heroic, I may not. And on another note, I'm not trying to teach you anything about Wario, as of now I'm just trying to end this argument.

To answer your question: no, it's not logical. In fact that's maybe the least logical assumption you could make, especially if you consider the motives as to why anyone kidnaps another person (and if your stuck it's certainly not to ally with them or even help them in any way, shape, or form). And because I don't feel like spelling it out for you, I'll leave it at that.

And now I'm done. Eh, sorry in advance for getting off-topic Gimpy.
I've argued with plenty of you - really unintelligent people thinking they know anything.

If we were talking about a person who had more villainous roles than heroic roles, then yes, you'd be right. But fun fact: We aren't. Just because he did good things for the wrong reasons does not change the fact that what he WAS doing was in the interest of a good guy, not a bad guy.

Hell, Wario's motive for being Mario's rival is that Mario would "bully" him when they were children.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Bowser can't get Diddy, Diddy get's attacked by Rayquaza and saved by Fox, AFTER this event. o_o

And I'm guessing your question is directed at me as well, right? If you had read my post, you might've noticed I never said anything being able or unable to play as villains during SE, merely that the storyline seems to be "Heroes vs. Villains."
Or it could be like choose which side you wanna be on Good or Bad, then after you complete either two you can do the other side.... o.o

Chari

Smash Apprentice
That would be awesome if you could choose what side to be on. Since this game is already way too cool, it will make it better than that. lolz

Sasori's_Shadow

Smash Apprentice
^I don't think Sakurai cares whether or not you think Wario is a villain. He's being portrayed as such in Brawl, and seems to be allied with the Subspace Army against the heroes, which does hint at a "Heroes vs. Villains" storyline. It doesn't prove for certain that the storyline is in effect, but it does hint at it.

And need I remind you that Petey Piranha, who is undoubtedly a villain from the Mario series is also working against the heroes.

Hotztuph

Smash Cadet
Ya i'm pritty sure if a caracter is evil in there respecive games there gonna be evil in subspace
just common sense

Jumble

Smash Apprentice
makes sense
but what about meta knight?
he's good and bad
but the subspace army's ship is meta knight's ship
so it seems like they're leaning MK towards the evil side
unless he switches through the story line

.. WHAT A TWIST

Hotztuph

Smash Cadet
Ya i bet the subspace will have many dramatic twists and turns and have us guessing the whole time

ChrisZ

Smash Cadet
I actually think Bower, Wario and the like are being controlled by the Emissary. What leads me to believe this is that in the Big Pirmid Trophy, they refer to "Shadow Bugs" and in the Sub Space Trailer, they show a whole bunch of those bugs flying off something.

The Shadow Bugs may actually be controlling Bowser and Wario's actions and upon collecting more characters by transforming them into trophies, helps build the army of characters controlled by Shadow Bugs. So down the road like when you choose to either save Peach or Zelda, the one Princess you don't save and gets turned into a trophy becomes controlled by Shadow Bugs like Bowser and Wario, and you fight them later down the road.

Of course this is just my idea.

80W53R

Smash Apprentice
- Must Revive The Thread - :)

So DK and Diddy eventually find the bananas. They start cheering when all of a sudden Bowser pops out. Both DK and Diddy get ready for a fight. Here you are able to chose who you want to fight with (Bowser included).

1-) If you win as Bowser, DK gets knocked out and turns into a trophy. Diddy runs with a goal to find help. Bowser then takes the trophy and chases Diddy. Diddy gets to the lake and has the scene with Ray. and Fox. Ray revives and has a second round with Diddy and his new friend. Bowser watches behind the bushes, not interfearing, waching as they get weak. When Fox and Diddy deafeat Ray, Bowser attempts to fire the trphy gun. He misses and fights Fox and Diddy.

2-) If you win as DK or Diddy, Bowser Junior appears and helps his father controling a big robot like machine. ( Like the ones from Galaxy.) Diddy runs away for help again. Donkey kong runs another way. Bowser gets pissed at his son for losing them. They both then go for a new plan, Koopa Clan's raid on Dreamland, where they will soon meet Dedede and his forces.

Danon

Smash Apprentice
Well the Rayquaza boss fight is around the same time that Bowser 2nd(?) appearance in SSE occurs.
What if Bowser is Ray's master?!?!?!

*pictures Bowser with a pokeball*
Gotta Catch em ALL

DrLuigi

Smash Rookie
there is also the possibility of the SSE main villain promising the typical villains (Bowser, Wario, DeeDee) a chance to get rid of their rivals once and for all.

Any speculation about what other villains make an appearance?

Sakurai hinted that MK's ship had been stolen.

And MK is not evil, at all.

And we see MK fighting alongside the Ice Climbers.

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
Could it be possible that the game is similar to SOnic Adventure 2 battle

where you cna do the heroes story and villians story and at the end theres a joined conclusion?

and also i was thinking that the villians might actually have been approached by the SSE to help them and refused, and now know whats going on and are trying to get the heroes to help them in the way they know best

for example, Wario kidnaps a princess with the trophy gun, and later revives her to actually get her to help him

hes not a nice guy, he wouldnt just ask politely would he?

smashvillain18

Smash Cadet
Nice thread you have here. Bowser is going to be a beast. And he's a starter too? Gonna enjoy fighting as him, as well all the characters in brawl. Who knows who's gonna show up. Hopefully, we can all find a place to trade wii codes. If you want to, please save me as a friend and leave me your wii code in a note. I'll reply with my code.

Top Bottom