• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser in Subspace Emissary

gtkdltk007

Smash Apprentice
I'm feeling this: Donkey Kongis captured by Bowser, and Diddy kong escapes via a diestraction of Fox's crahsing ship. Diddy leaves, and heads towarsd the ship. Now is Fox's Misfortune. From here, Fox and Diddy battle Rayquaza. Then, idk, they somehow save Doneky Kong.

Garuda

Smash Ace
I don't know why some people think they'll join forces, at least initially. I mean, Diddy was in a fighting stance when Bowser appeared. Them joining up eventually, though... it's likely, but is there anything really pointing to that? At least not at the moment, and I guess it is too early to say. So far it seems that Bowser did something to DK (likely turned him into a trophy), and Diddy barely escaped, eventually coming across Fox. I dunno, but on the Brawl section on the Nintendo Press site, it states that the Ancient Minister wants to use their powers or something like that. Bowser unwillingly helped Count Bleck after all (briefly, yes, but still), but like Comrade said, it's hard to imagine Ganondorf working with them.

SomeRandomGuy

Smash Journeyman
I'm feeling this: Donkey Kongis captured by Bowser, and Diddy kong escapes via a diestraction of Fox's crahsing ship. Diddy leaves, and heads towarsd the ship. Now is Fox's Misfortune. From here, Fox and Diddy battle Rayquaza. Then, idk, they somehow save Doneky Kong.
This could happen. After all diddy is small and could go unseen to escape. Bowser also has minions enough to overwhelm diidy and donkey kong. He goes to the fallen ship for help. Gets attacked by rayquaza, fox saves him, fox and diddy go to save donkey kong. After all fox has guns and stuff which bowser has neevr seen. Giving fox and diddy the upperhand.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
yeah mabye he's trying to impress his dad or something, and once dk and diddy and fox confront the bowsers at the castle, the primid attack.
and then when bowser finds out his son was attacked by the primids, he goes to confront the SSE for there actions against his son.

but it is more likly then not that bowser is the one who stole the bananas and teams up with DK, cause we know diddy is teaming up with fox instead.

SomeRandomGuy

Smash Journeyman
and then when bowser finds out his son was attacked by the primids, he goes to confront the SSE for there actions against his son.

but it is more likly then not that bowser is the one who stole the bananas and teams up with DK, cause we know diddy is teaming up with fox instead.
Yea. but arn't some people part of the Emissary? I heard Wario was. So could bowser jr . be with them? or maybe Bowser and bowser jr.

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
Just a slight bit of information.
these characters don't KILL each other, they beat each other up until they faint or get extremely sensitive to attacks and then get projected into an alternate universe or wormhole and come back rejuvenated because they went into this multidimensional rejuvenation chamber or something.
but they don't KILL each other, or we'd be fighting with a bunch of assassins and snipers.
If they killed each other once snake broke the oponents' necks they wouldn't be able to play for the rest of the game.
You'd then have a cutscene of those character's family members at a funeral or something.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Just a slight bit of information.
these characters don't KILL each other, they beat each other up until they faint or get extremely sensitive to attacks and then get projected into an alternate universe or wormhole and come back rejuvenated because they went into this multidimensional rejuvenation chamber or something.
but they don't KILL each other, or we'd be fighting with a bunch of assassins and snipers.
If they killed each other once snake broke the oponents' necks they wouldn't be able to play for the rest of the game.
You'd then have a cutscene of those character's family members at a funeral or something.
no its actualy that they are fighting till defeated, once defeated they are turned to trophies. after that, if revived(as seen done by pit) then they rejoin the fight.

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
bowser lures dk and diddy to him [i.e his minions steal the bananas] dk and diddy fight bowser and bowser jr. they lose and then diddy somehow gets away and runs for help rayquayza sees diddy and attacks him for commin into his territory and fox saves him and then they go to save dk

Shadowball Enthusiast

Smash Cadet
The way i see it

Ok minions of bowser who DK and diddy have never met, have just stolen the bannanas of DK, a classic thing for a DK Villan to do. Bowser will need a reason for doing this hear is how i see it playing out.

Both DK and Diddy (pick who you want to play as) fight Bowser, Bowser's minions show up in this battle helping Bowser

Cutscene, all three combantants look beat, DK looks a diddy and signals him to run, Diddy runs off. DK looks at bowser readying himself for another round, a figure in the shadows behind DK lurks behind him, DK flashes purple and colapses.

Insert scene with diddy meeting fox

Diddy and fox, fight pokemon

DK is in the SE ship his is straped in a chair with a classic brain washing hat and his eyes pinned open. He is show images of mario with a hammer, smashing barrals, DK is throwing them, Mario smacks DK with a hammer, DK brakes free from his chair, and brakes the screen.

Laughing is heard, mario is standing behind him, he goes to punch him but he disapears

As DK you fight tones of mario clones.

They all disapear, a map pops up on a moniter, with a mario icon on it, DK sees bowser coming up to see him, bowser nods at DK, DK nods at bowser, the both walk out the door the shadowy figure from before slink partaily into view we see he has a long tail.

DK and Bowser begin a search for mario

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
Most likely they'll keep it simple and just put the villans on the good side, because otherwise we wouldnt get to fight the minons.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
As much as I loved Shadowball Enthusiast's storyline, I'm afraid that we will have a much more boring story than that.

I think that it'll be the ancient minister controlling all of the "villians" (Bowser, Ganon, Ridley, Mewtwo, etc.), and the "heroes" figure this out, and snap the villians out of it. They then all go and kill AM, and then join hands for a round of Kumbaya.

Ok, maybe not the last part.

Still, I don't think that the storyline will be as kickass as people hope it will be.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
As much as I loved Shadowball Enthusiast's storyline, I'm afraid that we will have a much more boring story than that.

I think that it'll be the ancient minister controlling all of the "villians" (Bowser, Ganon, Ridley, Mewtwo, etc.), and the "heroes" figure this out, and snap the villians out of it. They then all go and kill AM, and then join hands for a round of Kumbaya.

Ok, maybe not the last part.

Still, I don't think that the storyline will be as kickass as people hope it will be.
what about this.

lets say that the bad guys are under the SSE control. they are "fixed" by the heroes and they team up to defeat the greater evil.

when you defeat the SSE you find out he was being controlled by one more super boss, the master. not master hand, not master foot, but the whole master. you have to fight the "master" in order to bring peace to your world. once defeated the master decides he is bored of this world and leaves it to peace once more.

or

after you defeat the SSE the master hand(s) brings its/heir divine jugment on him(since you know, its/their kinda the "god(s)" of the smash world)

back on topic, I hope we see a bowser ridley team up along with dk, or maybe a lucas bowser team up to balance things out.

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
Ok minions of bowser who DK and diddy have never met, have just stolen the bannanas of DK, a classic thing for a DK Villan to do. Bowser will need a reason for doing this hear is how i see it playing out.

Both DK and Diddy (pick who you want to play as) fight Bowser, Bowser's minions show up in this battle helping Bowser

Cutscene, all three combantants look beat, DK looks a diddy and signals him to run, Diddy runs off. DK looks at bowser readying himself for another round, a figure in the shadows behind DK lurks behind him, DK flashes purple and colapses.

Insert scene with diddy meeting fox

Diddy and fox, fight pokemon

DK is in the SE ship his is straped in a chair with a classic brain washing hat and his eyes pinned open. He is show images of mario with a hammer, smashing barrals, DK is throwing them, Mario smacks DK with a hammer, DK brakes free from his chair, and brakes the screen.

Laughing is heard, mario is standing behind him, he goes to punch him but he disapears

As DK you fight tones of mario clones.

They all disapear, a map pops up on a moniter, with a mario icon on it, DK sees bowser coming up to see him, bowser nods at DK, DK nods at bowser, the both walk out the door the shadowy figure from before slink partaily into view we see he has a long tail.

DK and Bowser begin a search for mario
that makes perfect sense!

PWtCB

Smash Cadet
It's obvious! Diddy was in front of DK in the video. And so, Diddy runs towards Bowser, which womps Diddy. Diddy goes flying into the sky and is seperated from DK. Then, DK fights Bowser because he is pissed and only wants his bananas!

I can see Bowser teaming up with DK, and later with Dedede (fighting over the Star Rod, when all of a sudden the Halberd swoops down and steals it, forcing them to team up).

Chari

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. The whole banana scene that I saw so far was pretty funny. No one should mess with DK's bananas and get away with that. lolz

Bowser and DK joining together? That would be odd. I don't know why.

Sasori's_Shadow

Smash Apprentice
I doubt Bowser and DK will be teaming up. The theory of enemies uniting to reach a common goal or to combat a common enemy just doesn't seem valid (to me anyways) after the SE video featuring Wario (who seemed to be allied with the Subspace Army). Rather, I think we have a "Heroes vs Villains" storyline going on here, with the villains taking the side of the Subspace Army. On that note I think that Bowser will be fighting DK and Diddy rather than teaming up with either of them.

But I like Gimpy's idea best. Brawl needs more Bowser Jr.

Just because Wario acted as a villain does not mean that he cannot change sides.

And, on top of that, you honestly think they wouldn't let you play as the villains in the Emissary? That'd be too much of a missed opportunity for Sakurai.

Sasori's_Shadow

Smash Apprentice
Just because Wario acted as a villain does not mean that he cannot change sides.
Wario changing sides is definately a possibility, but it's not at all a very likely one if you ask me.

And, on top of that, you honestly think they wouldn't let you play as the villains in the Emissary? That'd be too much of a missed opportunity for Sakurai.
And I'm guessing your question is directed at me as well, right? If you had read my post, you might've noticed I never said anything being able or unable to play as villains during SE, merely that the storyline seems to be "Heroes vs. Villains."

Unlikely? Very, very, very, very few roles of Wario have involved him acting as a villain.

Super Mario Land 2
Wario's Woods
Mario and Wario
DDR Mario Mix
SSBB

That's five games vs.:

Wario Land
Wario Land II
Wario Land 3
Wario Land 4
Wario World
WarioWare
WarioWare Twisted
WarioWare Touched
Wario Blast
WarioWare Smooth Moves
Wario Master of Disguise

Wario's sole reason for doing anything is to get him more money, so why is it assumed that Wario is acting evil for the purpose of being evil?

Sasori's_Shadow

Smash Apprentice
Unlikely? Very, very, very, very few roles of Wario have involved him acting as a villain.
That's irrelevant unless you mention how many times Wario has been portrayed as a hero/good guy/etc, which (if I remember correctly) hasn't been once during any of his video game appearances.

Wario's sole reason for doing anything is to get him more money, so why is it assumed that Wario is acting evil for the purpose of being evil?
You need to stop putting words in my mouth. I never said anything about Wario's intentions for acting evil. If I were to guess I'd assume there is something in it for him, because as you said those are normally his motives for doing anything, but it's really pointless to speculate.

But I think we may be getting off topic here, if only slightly. I don't think there's anything else that needs to be said here.

In Wario Land 3, he saves a village of people. For all the treasures he comes across, but he still acts as a hero.

Just because he does good things for bad reasons doesn't make him a bad guy.

Sasori's_Shadow

Smash Apprentice
In Wario Land 3, he saves a village of people. For all the treasures he comes across, but he still acts as a hero.

Just because he does good things for bad reasons doesn't make him a bad guy.
But again, it hardly makes him a hero, and it's still only one appearance. That's the only time I remember him doing anything remotely "good." On the other hand, he's done plenty that could be considered "villainous" or "evil," and like you pointed out, he's had five appearances as a villain (if you counted correctly) versus that one time in one game that he acted good.

Oh, and the statement "just because Wario does good things for bad reasons doesn't make him a bad guy" is entirely an opinion, and thus cannot be used as a valid argument.

We're getting off-topic though, really. Again, there's nothing more that needs to be said here. There's more evidence to suggest that Wario is villainous rather than anything else, and he seems to be portrayed as such in Brawl. He also seems to be allied with the Subspace Army. Based on that it would seem that heroes and villains aren't working together to defeat the Subspace Army (at least in this case). I used that one case to support a theory of a "Heroes vs. Villains" storyline, and that's it. There's nothing more to it. Plus, this is all really speculation, there's no use arguing it.

Anyways, don't expect a response if you reply to this, like I said there's nothing more that needs to be said here.

He saves a Princess in Wario Land 4, saves his treasure in Wario Land II and World, helps a magic paintbrush thing in MoD, and didn't do anything bad in the WarioWare games. There are about no Wario games I've not played, so please don't act as if you're teaching me anything about Wario.

The one and only reason he would ally with bad guys is for profit. If he is betrayed, then he does not. He kidnaps Zelda, wouldn't the most logical assumption be that he allies with Zelda (or whomever he kidnaps)?

Also, there is no logic to saying that a character with more starring roles than evil roles is more a villain than hero.

Top Bottom