• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser has Tournament potential

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Then uh...I guess MK is limited to grabbing Snake and immediately throwing him?

MK's still overall better. He's almost always safe on block. He also has better kill moves. *shrug*

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
I went to a tournament a couple days ago. I had bowser, metaknight and sonic as my picks for my matches. Bowser never lost a single match, using sonic was a huge mistake and working my way up from the loser's bracket required that I had to win 3 times for first place. Luck was in my opponent's favor and I lost the final match..ergh..first place is once again denied from me.

Buuman

Smash Ace
People like PC Chris and Cort will still **** Bowser's *** in tournament. Beating Cort's wario though funny is not that big of an accomplishment. You have to beat their mains in tournament imho I beat KoreanDJ's DK.. is that huge? ;)
Chyeah Kev, that's an accomplishment xD
SEND ME THAT PAINT DRYING VID...lmao..made me laugh so hard

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I went to a tournament a couple days ago. I had bowser, metaknight and sonic as my picks for my matches. Bowser never lost a single match, using sonic was a huge mistake and working my way up from the loser's bracket required that I had to win 3 times for first place. Luck was in my opponent's favor and I lost the final match..ergh..first place is once again denied from me.
Sorry for your loss. :(

I feel better at tourneys I'm definitely outclassed in than ones I could win but lost by a tiny margin.

superman969

Smash Journeyman
Then uh...I guess MK is limited to grabbing Snake and immediately throwing him?

MK's still overall better. He's almost always safe on block. He also has better kill moves. *shrug*
i lold really really hard at MK having better kill moves than Snake. Although i agree with most of the others that you said counter Snake (specially Pika), MK pretty much gets wrecked by Snake, like Sliq said.

i think MKs even spammier than Snake, actually
BBBBBB ^B BBBBBB ^B

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
i lold really really hard at MK having better kill moves than Snake. Although i agree with most of the others that you said counter Snake (specially Pika), MK pretty much gets wrecked by Snake, like Sliq said.

i think MKs even spammier than Snake, actually
BBBBBB ^B BBBBBB ^B
Actually yeah, MK has significantly better kill moves than Snake. Snake kills with uh...just his U-tilt. Or he gets really lucky with an F-smash, C4, or somehow his F-tilt wasn't diminished (like he just got KOed). Using Snake's aerials is almost out of the question because they are like more unsafe on block than Ganondorf's lol or something ******** like that.

MK never has diminish problems since he has tons more attacks that he can spam if that ever is concerning him, so he gets to kill AND gimp people with Up-B and D-smash (horizontal knockback > vertical knockback, and also both attacks are safe on block, whereas Snake's U-tilt is punishable to an extent). His glide attack kills, his D-air reliably gimps, and although it's hard to land his F-smash is strong too.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I find I have less problem with Snakes than MKs, but I realize that my personal experience isn't enough to make a judgment call on this.

Here's an interesting question, does Snake drop his grenade if he's grabbed/klawed?

Torppe

Smash Cadet
I like bowser really much, but i'm dissapointed in his Final smash... It suck really, it's cool but very unusefull. He doesnt even get any strenght from the FS what really makes me angry.. but usually bowser owns with his grabs and stuff :p

veritron

Smash Cadet
I find I have less problem with Snakes than MKs, but I realize that my personal experience isn't enough to make a judgment call on this.
It's easy to suck with Snake because he's a little awkward to play and some idiots play him with tap jump on. A good snake will completely tool you.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I like bowser really much, but i'm dissapointed in his Final smash... It suck really, it's cool but very unusefull. He doesnt even get any strenght from the FS what really makes me angry.. but usually bowser owns with his grabs and stuff :p
OMG YEAH THATS WHY BOWSER iS BAD OMG RIGHT!!!

Top Bottom