• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Bomb Stall Foot Stool and Other Stuff Too (Including FREE Cake)

Sliq

Smash Master
I was playing in an Online tournament, and I went to stall with the Bowser Bomb, and when I dropped of the ledge to double jump down b, I ended up foot stooling a Kirby I was playing, leading me to believe that this might be a useful technique for edge guarding.

Ultimately, you could do the same thing, but instead of bombing, do the Fortress (much like DK, except not nearly as glorious).

I'm thinking this would be useful against opponents that have slow vertical recoveries or multi jump recoveries.

Furthermore, you can use the Bowser Bomb to survive vertical KO's. Unfortunately, it leaves you a sitting duck, but it is better than dying off the top.

Also, I figured out a use for the infinite jump with Bowser. If you sh over b at someone in order to grab them, and they spot dodge, you can bounce to their back and preform another grab, and of course bounce again if this one fails, either to safety, or to preform another offensive feat.

I've found that the bounce isn't useful for avoiding punishment as you fall, as you have to do it too close to the ground in order to avoid being hit with an upsmash or aerial.

Bowsers up air can kill Snake at 90%, which is completely badass.

Also, if you grab characters that can attack out of their up b's, and let them break out, they lose their up b, and fall to their doom. Just grab them after they have executed their up b, then don't hit anything. Hitting them with anything will cause them to regain their up b.

For example, shield near the ledge, and if a Sonic springs, and attacks you with a fair, sheild grab the fair, and let him mash out. Instant death.

It is the sam principle that applies to Snake, except for him the cipher auto breaks him out.

It also works on GW and Pit, but they auto sweetspot the ledge, so it is less useful.

Also, a lot of times I do multiple jabs by double tapping a, and after I start executing the second one, I've realized they have avoided it and will punish me.

So what you can do is simply hit a once, then hold it, but then also hold shield. If the first one hits you'll finish the combo. If it misses, you'll shield.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Good techniques!

I'm going to try the grab and release on recovering Sonic players...

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
I was playing in an Online tournament, and I went to stall with the Bowser Bomb, and when I dropped of the ledge to double jump down b, I ended up foot stooling a Kirby I was playing, leading me to believe that this might be a useful technique for edge guarding.

Ultimately, you could do the same thing, but instead of bombing, do the Fortress (much like DK, except not nearly as glorious).

I'm thinking this would be useful against opponents that have slow vertical recoveries or multi jump recoveries.

Furthermore, you can use the Bowser Bomb to survive vertical KO's. Unfortunately, it leaves you a sitting duck, but it is better than dying off the top.

Also, I figured out a use for the infinite jump with Bowser. If you sh over b at someone in order to grab them, and they spot dodge, you can bounce to their back and preform another grab, and of course bounce again if this one fails, either to safety, or to preform another offensive feat.

I've found that the bounce isn't useful for avoiding punishment as you fall, as you have to do it too close to the ground in order to avoid being hit with an upsmash or aerial.

Also, if you grab characters that can attack out of their up b's, and let them break out, they lose their up b, and fall to their doom. Just grab them after they have executed their up b, then don't hit anything. Hitting them with anything will cause them to regain their up b.

For example, shield near the ledge, and if a Sonic springs, and attacks you with a fair, sheild grab the fair, and let him mash out. Instant death.

It is the sam principle that applies to Snake, except for him the cipher auto breaks him out.

It also works on GW and Pit, but they auto sweetspot the ledge, so it is less useful.

Also, a lot of times I do multiple jabs by double tapping a, and after I start executing the second one, I've realized they have avoided it and will punish me.

So what you can do is simply hit a once, then hold it, but then also hold shield. If the first one hits you'll finish the combo. If it misses, you'll shield.
Freind mains, bowser does that infinite jump to either side and it's a pain. It's good when you play peoplewho don't see it comming. But there are ways to get out of it, but of course it's pretty difficult.

Also timing is the key fpor bowser, he's good at stomping on peoples approaches. One particular match you can see this in is Bowser Vs Fox, where Jabs n tilts prevent ground approach. And his UP-B stops most of his air game...

For example Dair into bowser's sheild = auto Up-B out, same with Nair and Fair. Boswer's up-b also comes out before the follow up to an air even if it wasn't shield'd.

His side-B is a main part of bowser's game play, i've had alot of **** done to me and alot of mix ups can be thrown out from an infinite jump. Also for some reason D-throw > run and Side-B tend to catch careless people alot... don't know why.

And as for the Double jab, if they avoid the second jab after getting hit from the 1st you can always start up another set of jabs. Either by doing another 2 or doing only one then hitting shield and grabbing, or do and Up-B or Ftilt depending on their distance.

Popertop

Smash Champion
wow, Bowser ***** Fox even more that I realised at first.
Happy Peyton. :D

I think the break out animation sends him too far below to get back up with side b, but I'm not sure.

Buuman

Smash Ace
This thread should be bumped despite the title. Good information here guys, it's just the title that's deceiving.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
He just means that Bowser can jump off the ledge and footstool onto someone as a good ledgeguard tech.

xXSciophobiaXx

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, its hard to visualize some of the stuff you're describing. Adding videos would certainly help the majority.

Sliq

Smash Master
If you are too stupid to visualize these extremely uncomplicated concepts, then you should put down the controller and pick up some crayons and a coloring book.

xXSciophobiaXx

Smash Apprentice
If you are too stupid to visualize these extremely uncomplicated concepts, then you should put down the controller and pick up some crayons and a coloring book.
Hey! come on now thats not very nice, some of us don't own brawl yet and don't quite understand what you're saying. Being more clear is helpful if you don't want to spend the effort getting videos/pictures. Drop the hate.

xXSciophobiaXx

Smash Apprentice
This is where I stopped reading.
Wow, You're a cool guy, you like to insult others to feel good about yourself. You made a thread to help others and then you refuse people. I've played brawl a bunch but not enough to understand what you're trying to say because i found it confusing. Its a brawl forum, you need to be cool and calm down. Making others angry and insulting them isn't the way to go. Im sure people don't like forum-goers that bash other forumers. Now that I hope we're past that I'll try to communicate effectively what I was getting at: (questions in bold)

I was playing in an Online tournament, and I went to stallstall? can you define this? Is this when you do it off the ground? with the Bowser Bomb, and when I dropped of the ledge to double jump down b, I ended up foot stoolingtoad stool jump? a Kirby I was playing, leading me to believe that this might be a useful technique for edge guarding.

at the edge? this is where you up b and spin off the edge and catch it? Fortress guarding?
I'm thinking this would be useful against opponents that have slow vertical recoveries or multi jump recoveries.K sweet, this part makes perfect sense

Furthermore, you can use the Bowser Bomb to survive vertical KO's. Unfortunately, it leaves you a sitting duck, but it is better than dying off the top.Understood, down-b while flying upwards and survive.

Also, if you grab characters that can attack out of their up b's, Very confusing, this means sonic right? he can attack after using his up b while he falls.and let them break out, they lose their up b, and fall to their doom. So once they've used their up b you grab them and let them break off so they can't use it again. Sick, I understand that, even though it was a little confusing. Just grab them after they have executed their up b, then don't hit anything. Hitting them with anything will cause them to regain their up b.

For example, shield near the ledge, and if a Sonic springs, and attacks you with a fair, sheild grab the fair, and let him mash out.Break out by just waiting? Instant death.Instant? Its not instant is it? he would just fall to the bottom of the stage? Q: is it possible for him to grab the edge?

It is the same principle that applies to Snake, except for him the cipher auto breaks him out. of his up-b?

It also works on GW and Pit, but they auto sweetspot the ledge, so it is less useful.ok, understood.

So what you can do is simply hit a once, then hold it... so you hit it once and then hold it on your second press or do you press and hold?, but then also hold shield. If the first one hits you'll finish the combo. If it misses, you'll shield.
K im not understanding what the effect of this is. You simply shield the attack? or decide to attack them with the second swipe?

Hopefully you're not a jerk when you respond. Play nice. :)

Sliq

Smash Master
Wow, You're a cool guy, you like to insult others to feel good about yourself.
I don't need to make you look like an idiot to feel good about myself. I'm awesome all of the time.

You made a thread to help others and then you refuse people. I've played brawl a bunch but not enough to understand what you're trying to say because i found it confusing.
Well, for starters, since you don't have the game, I assumed you had little exposure to actual gameplay elements. Furthermore, there is no point in learning advanced techniques when you haven't even played the game long enough to have complete control over characters, let alone perform much more technical feats (regardless of how untechical Brawl is).

Since you don't understand what I'm saying now, you lack the experience. The moment you actually play the game and pull your head out of your ***, it won't be the least bit confusing.

Its a brawl forum, you need to be cool and calm down. Making others angry and insulting them isn't the way to go. Im sure people don't like forum-goers that bash other forumers.
I think a better solution would to not get mad about what some anonymous person whom you don't know says about you over the internet.

Furthermore, a lot of people, myself included, get amusement at people mocking other people, especially when they are lazy or silly.

stall? can you define this? Is this when you do it off the ground?

Stalling almost universally applies to when you are on the ledge, (i.e. ledge stalling). Bowser grabs the ledge with his down b if used close enough to the ledge. These are 2 facrs you would know if you weren't too stupid to lurk and read important info off of the forums instead of diving into a thread asking questions when you don't even grasp basic concepts.

toad stool jump?

No, foot stool jump.

at the edge? this is where you up b and spin off the edge and catch it? Fortress guarding?

Since we are talking about being on the ledge, since the beginning, yes. You drop off the ledge, double jump imstantly up b. Doing this not only stalls, but also gives you a chance of footstooling someone. I have no idea what Fortress guarding is or where you got the term.

Very confusing, this means sonic right?

Yeah, sort of how I say SONIC 2 sentences from now as an example. Jesus Christ, it isn't confusing. If the character can cancel their up b and attack out of it, then if they grab break out they lose it (Snake, Pit, GW, Sonic,)

he can attack after using his up b while he falls.and let them break out, they lose their up b, and fall to their doom. So once they've used their up b you grab them and let them break off so they can't use it again. Sick, I understand that, even though it was a little confusing. Just grab them after they have executed their up b, then don't hit anything. Hitting them with anything will cause them to regain their up b.

Break out by just waiting?

Sigh....YES.

Instant death.Instant? Its not instant is it? he would just fall to the bottom of the stage?

Now you're just being stupid.

Q: is it possible for him to grab the edge?

Only if you don't grab him near the edge, otherwsie he breaks out and can't recover.

of his up-b?

No, why would you think that? Because we are talking about recovery moves, or the fact that the only time Snake uses the Cipher is his up b? YES YOU DUMB ****.

So what you can do is simply hit a once, then hold it...

so you hit it once and then hold it on your second press or do you press and hold?

You are stupid, aren't you.

Seriously, this was a tremendous waste of time on my part.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
ok sliq, your probably one of those ***gots who sits in their parents basement with a tv, top ramen and a 1993 computer. the point of these forums is to help people, not bash them when they do want help. and this stuff is not technical, so it wouldnt be hard for someone to get these techniques down even if they dont have much experience with the game. all scio was trying to say, is that you were a little vague in your explanations and he was asking for a small amount of help. so thats what you do? bash someone who asks for help? your pretty cool sliq. if your not gonna help people who ask questions about your techniques that you posted, than i suggest you stop coming to the forums because people here are coming to improve. Sci, i have alot of experiance with bowser, and if you have questions, feel free to ask me and ill do my best to explain things. I wont try to hate on you for having a little less experiance with the game than me, and ill commend you for looking to improve.

Sliq

Smash Master
ok sliq, your probably one of those ***gots who sits in their parents basement with a tv, top ramen and a 1993 computer.
Prejunior in college in DAAP's industrial design program, 3rd best school in the world for my major, living on my own with my roommate Kel, interning at Fisher Price every other quarter, designing toys and getting paid for it. But close.

the point of these forums is to help people, not bash them when they do want help.
So what you do is, come in, IGNORE everything that has been written on these boards, then come to this thread and post not understanding basic concepts that you would learn if you spent like 1 week lurking on the forums instead of posting immediately like a dumb *******.

I bash laziness, not neediness.

and this stuff is not technical, so it wouldnt be hard for someone to get these techniques down even if they dont have much experience with the game..
Getting something down and aptly applying are too different things, and since you don't even know what moves to use an when (basing this off of a hunch of your ability and cognitive processes, including your inability to capitalize letters and use paragraphs).

all scio was trying to say, is that you were a little vague in your explanations and he was asking for a small amount of help..
I was very not vague in my explanations, and anyone with half a brain understood what I meant. The only people that didn't didn't understand OTHER concepts which are ingrained into the game and sort of essential to understand the basic mechanics of high level gameplay.

your pretty cool sliq.
I know.

if your not gonna help people who ask questions about your techniques that you posted, than i suggest you stop coming to the forums because people here are coming to improve.
It seems like people are coming here to act like idiots and be lazy, since that is what I see when I read posts like yours.

And I help people to help themselves. I shouldn't have to explain every little detail for someone to get it. Anyone with the little experience to even UTILIZE this advice understand what I mean because they aren't ******** newbies.

Sci, i have alot of experiance with bowser,
No, you don't

ill commend you for looking to improve.
There is a difference between learning and practicing in order to improve and saying, do it for me, and requiring people to hold your hands while you learn to smack yourself in the face with a hammer, which I will not do. If you want someone to hold your hand, get your mom to do it.

xXSciophobiaXx

Smash Apprentice
Thankyou sliq it was much more clear the last time. You still seem like a very angry guy tho. But its ok im past caring. BTW I do know some few advanced techniques. DAC (with link) and bomb-drop arials and a few others. You actually are a funny guy you made me laugh a bunch. I still think you should lighten up a little and stop insulting others. another thing I play brawl on average once every two to three days. So... thats at least a half decent amount of practice, so I try to get better by learning from others who are better, like yourself. ;)

I think a better solution would to not get mad about what some anonymous person whom you don't know says about you over the internet. I never was mad, I may have seemed so, but i wasn't, i was mostly confused... and not because im stupid, i seemed stupid partly because of the way you explain things, and partly because of inexpirience to the terms you use BTW fortress guarding is simply using bowsers up b and spinning off the ledge and grabbing it. Its just a slightly more effective way of edge guarding it doesn't work quite as well in brawl.

The cake is not a lie! CAKE FTW!

Furthermore, a lot of people, myself included, get amusement at people mocking other people, especially when they are lazy or silly.Thank you for being honest at least I know you are human now.

Sliq

Smash Master
I always thought it was fortress "hogging," since you edge hog by using the fortress.

xXSciophobiaXx

Smash Apprentice
I always thought it was fortress "hogging," since you edge hog by using the fortress.
I guess it could be either, I mean depending how you interpret what you're doing near the edge it could be guarding or hogging.

BTW sliq, i just watched a bunch of your matches with ganon and bowser and i got the wrong first impression of you, you're quite good, and judging from the audio you're a nice guy. Your overall gameplay is really quite awesome to watch. Your ganon is a beast for sure. Of course, I didn't see a video where you were outplayed/lost, but that doesn't really matter, i like seeing bowser **** other characters.

xXSciophobiaXx

Smash Apprentice
Wait a minute someone is different in real life then they act on a forum.. HOLD THE ****ING PHONE BATMAN.
lol! hah. Im not really different in real life, vs the way i act on a forum. I suspect its different for others though.

Top Bottom