• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser and the Suicide Clause

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I'm sorry for your loss, Zigsta :(
---
On the topic of Sudden Death and the % lead rule, I was playing the new Tournament Mode (1v1 For Glory rules) and it seems that time-out is decided by who has dealt more damage in the match. 'Sudden Death Off' is a rule you can implement in Tournament Mode - If it does indeed decide based on who dealt the most percent damage in the match (results screen will have it), then maybe we have precedence for a rule change to reflect that.

Percentage Dealt > Percentage Lead due to Nintendo's wishes? I'll have to test if that's truly how it decides in that game mode, but I think it handles it like that.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
So I'm going to leave it there for you to comment on and your final words on the challenge will show your motives and determine where we go from here.
You already heard my final words:

Hell, you could be right and people might be okay with it, but you won't know until you try...
You won't know until you try. My thought is that people aren't going to be at all receptive to the idea of letting SD play out, but posing the question here is meaningless because hardly anyoen is even reading this thread any longer.

Make a case on the actual forum suggesting that SD will be played out and see what happens. The worst case scenario is that people disagree and explain why. *shrug*

T0MMY

Smash Master
Make a case on the actual forum suggesting that SD will be played out and see what happens. The worst case scenario is that people disagree and explain why. *shrug*
Like I said I am not interested in just pushing the idea that SD should be played out, that puts people off right away (it put me off too. What I'd be willing to do is write a thread showing its competitive viability and say it is actually a reasonable option that could be used if ever there comes a time that the community thought about using it as an option.
Personally, I'd rather support the use of a 1-stock Rematch clause first and get people away from using the %-based ruling (which we both seem to agree is atrocious).

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Like I said I am not interested in just pushing the idea that SD should be played out, that puts people off right away (it put me off too. What I'd be willing to do is write a thread showing its competitive viability and say it is actually a reasonable option that could be used if ever there comes a time that the community thought about using it as an option.
Personally, I'd rather support the use of a 1-stock Rematch clause first and get people away from using the %-based ruling (which we both seem to agree is atrocious).
Sure, give it a try, then.

Top Bottom