• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser: A pawn in Ganon's plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8erkid6485

Smash Cadet
We all are familiar with Ganondorf, one of the darkest villains in nintendo bent on control over everything. But bowser is a classic. You would expect him to have the higher ranking in the SSE storyline. Seeing ganon give bowser orders just kind of upset me and even worse when he betrays him later and kicks his trophy out of his path as if he were a worthless toy. How do you all feel about bowser's part in the SSE? What could they have done to make bower more like who he really is? For example, a fight with ganon rather than having him blasted. Or considering how selfish he is, perhaps have his own army rather than forming an alliance with others. Tell me your thoughts.

ShinigamiMarth

Smash Cadet
::nods:: Yeah, I actually kind of expected Ganon to backstab (or, in this case, back-shoot) Bowser. No doubt Bowser had something up his spikes, but didn't get to his plan first.

B!squick

Smash Master
Bowser's not unused to getting hoodwinked by other villians. x_x He did get his revenge when they brought him out of his trouphy and he saw Ganon's, lol. But, still, he'd been had, again. I thought it was lame too, but it suited both Bowser and Ganon so well that I really couldn't disagree with the "plot twist." And Bowser wasn't really taking order from Ganon so much as he was taking orders from "Master Hand" (*wink wink*) that were relayed to him by Ganon. And Ganon likes work behind scenes while Bowser likes to be every boss in every boss fight Mario has sometimes (see SMB, SM64), so being at the forefront of the fighting made sense.

But at least he was IN the story. That's more than what a couple characters got. I know Wolf didn't play a part in it and I'm pretty sure Sonic didn't either.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Bowser's not unused to getting hoodwinked by other villians. x_x He did get his revenge when they brought him out of his trouphy and he saw Ganon's, lol. But, still, he'd been had, again. I thought it was lame too, but it suited both Bowser and Ganon so well that I really couldn't disagree with the "plot twist." And Bowser wasn't really taking order from Ganon so much as he was taking orders from "Master Hand" (*wink wink*) that were relayed to him by Ganon. And Ganon likes work behind scenes while Bowser likes to be every boss in every boss fight Mario has sometimes (see SMB, SM64), so being at the forefront of the fighting made sense.

But at least he was IN the story. That's more than what a couple characters got. I know Wolf didn't play a part in it and I'm pretty sure Sonic didn't either.
Sonic did get a part, but short of
breaking Tabuu's wings and participating in the final battle
, he didn't get much. What he got was just one step up from what Wolf, JigglyPuff, and Toon Link got. Thats to be expected from the company of Sonic's rival, they wanted to emphasize mostly on their characters, heck Snake got a bigger part of the story than Sonic, and he is a third-party character.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Thats to be expected from the company of Sonic's rival, they wanted to emphasize mostly on their characters
Actually, it was because they added Sonic at the last minute.

Sonic isn't really a rival to Mario anymore. Sonic games suck nowadays, it isn't even a threat.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I dunno, wouldn't that topic rather fit into the One Player-section of the board rather than here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom