• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bow-Cancel in the air?

Coolza

Smash Cadet
I don't know if this is known, but, I jumped in the air, shot an arrow, and after that I shot another one, and it canceled the bow from going away.
I.E. When Tink shoots an arrow, he puts his bow away, and in this case, the bow stayed out for both arrows without going away.
Btw, this was done in the air. I've only successfully done this twice.
Is this known? If so, is there a known amount of time to do it?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Uhh this is new to me idk about other people.
Can you get a vid?

Coolza

Smash Cadet
Uhh this is new to me idk about other people.
Can you get a vid?
I could send you a video via Wii of me doing it in a match (no fighting; I'll just be trying to do it the whole time).
But, like I said, I've only done it twice so far, and all I know is that it has to be at that exact time and that you can't just mash B.

Coolza

Smash Cadet
Maybe.
I've done it on both a SH and a full-hop, but my latest memory of it was in a full-hop.
...Did I discover a new AT? :D

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I heard TL could Short hop triple arrow. So could this be the same almost?
Really?
Uhh wow stepping up the arrow game by 1/2.
Never heard of that though.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I heard it on the Link boards. Some guy was testing it and found it out. He says he changed his r button to jump for it. Seems ok I guess.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Yeah this sounds extremely significant if its real. Hopefully we find out whats going on here...

l SOUP l

Smash Apprentice
I heard it on the Link boards. Some guy was testing it and found it out. He says he changed his r button to jump for it. Seems ok I guess.
You sure it wasn't a FH? I'm almost certain that Toon link won't have enough time to pull a third arrow on his SH.

Santi

Smash Lord
Yea you can do triple with a FH. But SH?
I'm not so certain on that.

I've been trying to replicate this stuff...in training mode even on 1/4

But I'm not seeing anything happening...

QUIVO

Smash Master
Maybe it's full hop then. I tried it out, gave up after like 2 minutes. I just know someone from the Link boards mentioned a triple arrow technique and something about rising arrows.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Santi, you said FH triple arrow was possible? How do you pull this off? I can't get it in training mode. Seems like my second arrow takes all day to shoot.

Santi

Smash Lord
Santi, you said FH triple arrow was possible? How do you pull this off? I can't get it in training mode. Seems like my second arrow takes all day to shoot.
Oh my bad. I meant you can use both your jumps then shoot 3 arrows.

You can also shoot 4 arrows after using your jumps and before touching the ground.

Stoo99

Smash Cadet
Maybe it's full hop then. I tried it out, gave up after like 2 minutes. I just know someone from the Link boards mentioned a triple arrow technique and something about rising arrows.
yeah, I saw that, but couldn't replicate anything ad gave up :/

@OP: I'd also like to see this replay, did the bow not being put away mean the arrows were shot faster than normal?

edit: btw you can full hop triple arrow

Top Bottom