• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bottom 5 picks for Brawl

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Then why did you try to counter my points? If you were ready to drop it you wouldn't have done so.

But seriously, this is really getting nowhere and is going incredibly off topic. Reply if you want, but I'm not going to post here again until something interesting comes up.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Then why did you try to counter my points? If you were ready to drop it you wouldn't have done so.

But seriously, this is really getting nowhere and is going incredibly off topic. Reply if you want, but I'm not going to post here again until something interesting comes up.
Wait, are you talking to me?

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
No, I was replying to Numa Dude, but your post beat mine (not hard, I take too long to post :psycho: )
Oh, sorry.

Yeah, he's really starting to get on my nerves.

I noticed that he contridicts himself several times. Like, he says HMS has a better chance then Midna because he's been in more games, yet he thinks Tingle can't be in because he doesn't have an important role in any games, which he OBVIOUSLY DOES!

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Marijuana isn't a drug it is an herb and it WILL be legal in the U.S. very soon so the Government can tax it and make more money. And for the record marijuana has never killed any one in the history of the world.

Sensai

Smash Master
Oh Numa, my sweet Numa. May I call you Numa?

The post above this shows how ignorant you just might be. Whaddya mean it's not a drug? Like, the technical defition for the word 'drug', kinda like the technical definition for the word '***' is a pile of unused sticks? 'Gay' means happy? Oh boy...

When you say it's never killed anyone, I'm assuming you mean it's never been overdosed on. That might be true (probably is, no idea), but you're a **** fool if you think it hasn't lead to deaths.

And it won't be legalized until the government can find a way to tax it, kinda like what you said. That's the only reason it's not legal yet, is because they haven't found a good way to tax it, nor does one exist at the moment. All you need is the main...pod, if that's what you call it, and you can keep a continual stock of it. You wouldn't need to buy it.

That's why cigarettes are legal, same with alcohol. It's a little harder to make those.

/off topic

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I'm talking about drugs as in crack and heroine and **** like that. If it kills people why do doctors give it to people as medicine. The people who grow it could sell it to stores who would then sell it to the costumers and the government could then tax it.

StevenM

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I have a list. I'm going to try and be logical about this.

1) Olimar - what can the man honestly do, as a fighter? As a stand-alone character, since almost everyone else is a one-man army? He relies on an army of Pikmin to do just about everything for him. I understand that Ice Climbers got in, fair enough. One character selection that allowed you to play as 2 people, fine. But I sincerely believe that Olimar has the fighting potential of a punching bag. That's why the whole point of Pikmin was to have several creatures to command, and not just one rocket scientist.

2) Megaman - Kirby can already copy people's abilities. Samus can already fire lasers, charged or otherwise. The end. No, I don't care that he's a robot. I don't care that he's a third-party character from a popular if somewhat oversaturated series - I'd rather have Phoenix Wright, and he's even more unlikely to show up in Brawl.

3) HMS - Jesus Christ. Maybe, just maybe as a power-up item, dishing out masks and weapons. Beyond that, it wouldn't work. At all. He's barely a minor (lol) character who has no potential for fighting.

"BUT HE PLAYS AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN THE GAMES!"

So does Navi. Let's stick her in Brawl instead.

"BUT - BUT - BUT HE CAN WEAR HIS MASKS AND USE DIFFERENT ABILITIES!"

Hello, Kirby? Nah, I thought not.

4) Nook - same as above. A salesman, yes. Not a fighter. Possibly a Chansey-esque random-item dealer. Possibly.

5) Tetris Block - to be honest, I couldn't really think up anyone else on the spot. So unless another character grinds my gears, so to speak, I'll leave the tetromino to take this place.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'm talking about drugs as in crack and heroine and **** like that. If it kills people why do doctors give it to people as medicine. The people who grow it could sell it to stores who would then sell it to the costumers and the government could then tax it.
Ceocaine and Heroine are not given in prescriptions, only Marijuana. And even then, more people die/overdose on over the counter/prescription drugs, tylenol and cough medicine then they do on Marijuana. And if anything, the goverment would sustain control of cannabis farming.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Alright, I have a list. I'm going to try and be logical about this.

1) Olimar - what can the man honestly do, as a fighter? As a stand-alone character, since almost everyone else is a one-man army? He relies on an army of Pikmin to do just about everything for him. I understand that Ice Climbers got in, fair enough. One character selection that allowed you to play as 2 people, fine. But I sincerely believe that Olimar has the fighting potential of a punching bag. That's why the whole point of Pikmin was to have several creatures to command, and not just one rocket scientist.

2) Megaman - Kirby can already copy people's abilities. Samus can already fire lasers, charged or otherwise. The end. No, I don't care that he's a robot. I don't care that he's a third-party character from a popular if somewhat oversaturated series - I'd rather have Phoenix Wright, and he's even more unlikely to show up in Brawl.

3) HMS - Jesus Christ. Maybe, just maybe as a power-up item, dishing out masks and weapons. Beyond that, it wouldn't work. At all. He's barely a minor (lol) character He was important in MM who has no potential for fighting. MASKS AND MOODS!

"BUT HE PLAYS AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN THE GAMES!"

So does Navi. Let's stick her in Brawl instead. Now your just being stupid.

"BUT - BUT - BUT HE CAN WEAR HIS MASKS AND USE DIFFERENT ABILITIES!"

Hello, Kirby? Nah, I thought not. Kirby copies ability's the HMS would use the masks as weapons. Nothing alike.

4) Nook - same as above. A salesman, yes. Not a fighter. Possibly a Chansey-esque random-item dealer. Possibly. I thought so too until I looked outside the box and realized his potential

5) Tetris Block - to be honest, I couldn't really think up anyone else on the spot. So unless another character grinds my gears, so to speak, I'll leave the tetromino to take this place.
You can hate the HMS if you at least give good reasons.

StevenM

Smash Apprentice
I did give good reasons. And I've read the posts and arguments you've made for the last few pages. The very definition of irony is you calling anyone else stupid.

But you know what, I'm going to feed the troll for the hell of it. Because I love it when people get annoyed at posts on the internet.

"He was important in MM". He was a plot point of a supporting character. Nothing more, nothing less.

Without him, you couldn't get a mask, right? Zora was just as important in Ocarina of Time because without her you couldn't get the third stone. Sara was just as important because without her, you couldn't get the first Ocarina. There's quite a lot of supporting characters in the Zelda games that, without their help, you couldn't progress through the game. Why HMS over them?

"MASKS AND MOODS!" Ok, random pointless Caps Lock. Moods? What the hell?

"Now your just being stupid." It's "you're", Captain Kettles-Are-Black. And for your information, Navi is just as practical in a fight as Happy Mask Salesman. Navi floats around, says "HEY! LISTEN!" and, you know, gives you advice and supports you. HMS, well, sells masks. And supports you with advice. That's it.

Why should he get a high priority over a fairy like Tingle, or a character from a different videogame? What star quality does he possess that should allow him to get into Brawl over several other candidates? Wario's famous for the Wario-Ware games, Snake is famous for Metal Gear Solid, Fox is famous for Star Fox, Pit comes from Kid Icarus because it's an underrated gem that Sakurai liked. And they're all main characters. Why should Happy Mask Salesman get in, in comparison?

"Kirby copies ability's the HMS would use the masks as weapons. Nothing alike." One character switching between multiple guises, with different abilities for each? Yeah, 'nothing alike'. Hey, know that I mention it, Zelda/Shiek can do the same thing, and she's already from the Zelda series.

"I thought so too until I looked outside the box and realized his potential" - at the very least he could, I dunno, punch and kick. Like I said about Olimar before, how useful is he as a FIGHTER? What does Tom Nook have besides his small size, small limbs, and possibly a sweeping broom?

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I did give good reasons. And I've read the posts and arguments you've made for the last few pages. The very definition of irony is you calling anyone else stupid. No you didn't give good reasons I would leave you alone if you did.

But you know what, I'm going to feed the troll for the hell of it. Because I love it when people get annoyed at posts on the internet. I wouldn't be so annoyed if people didn't act like HMS is a stupid idea then gave stupid reasons why like he doesn't have moves.

"He was important in MM". He was a plot point of a supporting character. Nothing more, nothing less. If he didn't lose the mask there would have been no game. How many times must I repeat that?

Without him, you couldn't get a mask, right? Zora was just as important in Ocarina of Time because without her you couldn't get the third stone. Sara was just as important because without her, you couldn't get the first Ocarina. There's quite a lot of supporting characters in the Zelda games that, without their help, you couldn't progress through the game. Why HMS over them? HMS actually mattered to the story and BTW those two you mentioned are sages and are VERY important to the story.

"MASKS AND MOODS!" Ok, random pointless Caps Lock. Moods? What the hell? He is famous for his mood swings so he would obviously use them in his moveset.

"Now your just being stupid." It's "you're", Captain Kettles-Are-Black. And for your information, Navi is just as practical in a fight as Happy Mask Salesman. Navi floats around, says "HEY! LISTEN!" and, you know, gives you advice and supports you. HMS, well, sells masks. And supports you with advice. That's it. HMS has arms and legs to punch and kick. Navi is pure light.

Why should he get a high priority over a fairy like Tingle, or a character from a different videogame? What star quality does he possess that should allow him to get into Brawl over several other candidates? Wario's famous for the Wario-Ware games, Snake is famous for Metal Gear Solid, Fox is famous for Star Fox, Pit comes from Kid Icarus because it's an underrated gem that Sakurai liked. And they're all main characters. Why should Happy Mask Salesman get in, in comparison? In the Zelda games Tingle is unimportant and less deserving than HMS. (I don't count his own games as Zelda) BTW I know he won't get in I just like the idea.

"Kirby copies ability's the HMS would use the masks as weapons. Nothing alike." One character switching between multiple guises, with different abilities for each? Yeah, 'nothing alike'. Hey, know that I mention it, Zelda/Shiek can do the same thing, and she's already from the Zelda series. You didn't even read the post. He would use them as weapons to hit people or even take power from them to use different attacks he wouldn't copy abilities like kirby or switch movesets like zelda.

"I thought so too until I looked outside the box and realized his potential" - at the very least he could, I dunno, punch and kick. Like I said about Olimar before, how useful is he as a FIGHTER? What does Tom Nook have besides his small size, small limbs, and possibly a sweeping broom?The stuff he sells in the game like axes and fishing poles and shovels.
Comments in red.

StevenM

Smash Apprentice
Strike 2. Fun. I also like the way you don't even break the quote down into bits, just making your own comments in red. Really unprofessional.

"No you didn't give good reasons I would leave you alone if you did."

Obviously that's not how your mindset works. I've seen quite a few people in this thread give good reasons as to their dislike for HMS. You went troll-commando on almost everyone. You won't leave me alone no matter how good or bad my reasons are for not liking HMS as a playable character - you'd only leave me alone if I kept my opinions to myself. Which goes against the purpose of this thread. No dice.

"If he didn't lose the mask there would have been no game. How many times must I repeat that?"

That's why he's called a 'plot point' character. How many times must I repeat THAT?

"HMS actually mattered to the story and BTW those two you mentioned are sages and are VERY important to the story."

Ergo they'd have a better chance of being playable characters, since they're more important, right? And yet, as far as I can see, nobody's brought them up. Because nobody's rabid enough to seriously suggest that a Sage from OOT should be a playable character in Brawl. And yet, for some reason, you're willing to believe a less important character should get into Brawl.

"He is famous for his mood swings so he would obviously use them in his moveset."

Jigglypuff's famous for getting angry at people when she sends them to sleep. And using markers on their faces. But you don't see that in Smash 64 or Melee. Just because he can, doesn't necessarily mean he will.

"HMS has arms and legs to punch and kick. Navi is pure light."

Can't argue with that. Doesn't mean he's any more useful as a fighter. Ash has arms and legs, he's hardly championship material.

"In the Zelda games Tingle is unimportant and less deserving than HMS. (I don't count his own games as Zelda) BTW I know he won't get in I just like the idea."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tingle

And you refuted every single person who made their points against your point, not because of their reasoning but because of the fact that, holy crap, their opinion is different from yours? "I don't count his own games as Zelda"... well, that's just being childish. That's like saying Luigi's Mansion doesn't count as a game because you don't play as Mario.

"You didn't even read the post. He would use them as weapons to hit people or even take power from them to use different attacks he wouldn't copy abilities like kirby or switch movesets like zelda."

As weapons to hit people... well, that's basically throwing items. And, "use power from them to use different attacks"... that's the same thing that Kirby does when he swallows people. And with some of the powers he gets, Kirby can throw attacks anyway. So what you're suggesting is that HMS basically does what Kirby does, only he has his own set of attacks. Which seems pretty stupid.

"The stuff he sells in the game like axes and fishing poles and shovels."

So he actually has a potential arsenal. Then tell me why Nook should be a fighting character and not a supporting character, like Chansey?

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
You can hate the HMS if you at least give good reasons.
He doesn't hate him, I think...

He, along with me, and pretty much everyone else, just thinks that he has the lowest possible chance of being in Brawl as a Nintendo character.

And good job, StevenM, but I highly doubt it will make a dent in his thick, fat head.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm completely for the legalization of pot, mind you. I completely understand that pot is not nearly as bad for you as (most) alcohol and cigs, too. I'm just being realistic about it.

Numa, you don't understand the idea between supply-and-demand if you think that if people grow it, they'll sell it. It doesn't quite work like that...

And you can't compare it to heroin and cocaine. It's like comparing...oh, hell, I dunno. It's like comparing a light-bulb to the sun.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
He doesn't hate him, I think...

He, along with me, and pretty much everyone else, just thinks that he has the lowest possible chance of being in Brawl as a Nintendo character.

And good job, StevenM, but I highly doubt it will make a dent in his thick, fat head.
Aren't you the main supporter of the old man? You can't say **** against HMS when you support an old man from one game from years ago. What happened to you? You used to be the most mellow guy on here and now your reduced to a swearing jerk.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Aren't you the main supporter of the old man? You can't say **** against HMS when you support an old man from one game from years ago. What happened to you? You used to be the most mellow guy on here and now your reduced to a swearing jerk.
Hey, I may support the Old Man, but at least I'm not thick enough to realize that he's got EXTREMELY slim to 0% chances of actually getting in.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I do realize HMS's low chances but the reason I get so pissed when people say he has low chances is the stupid reasons they say it like he has no moves which really pisses me off. If they gave good reasons like say he would take the spot of a better character then I would be fine with that in fact I would agree with them. SKULL KID FOR BRAWL!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I do realize HMS's low chances but the reason I get so pissed when people say he has low chances is the stupid reasons they say it like he has no moves which really pisses me off. If they gave good reasons like say he would take the spot of a better character then I would be fine with that in fact I would agree with them. SKULL KID FOR BRAWL!
Then maybe it's you're own fault for getting into these arguements. Maybe I woul;dn't be swearing at you if you didn't get so pissed of. Just learn to relax, and if people say you're idea is stupid, then just say f*** you. That's what I'd do! :p

But seriously, what's really getting me annoyed is the fact that you think HMS has a better chance then both Tingle and Midna, because they DO have much higher chances then HMS.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I was talking about a Zelda rep so thats why HMS > Tingle. If Tingle gets in it will be to rep his own franchise kinda like Yoshi is there to rep the Yoshi's island franchise. I doubt Midna will be in because she most likely won't make another appearance the same goes for the likes of Zant and Veran and Onox. They where there for one game and most likely won't return while the HMS could return very easily and might even get his own game. (MM prequel anyone?)

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I was talking about a Zelda rep so thats why HMS > Tingle. If Tingle gets in it will be to rep his own franchise kinda like Yoshi is there to rep the Yoshi's island franchise. I doubt Midna will be in because she most likely won't make another appearance the same goes for the likes of Zant and Veran and Onox. They where there for one game and most likely won't return while the HMS could return very easily and might even get his own game. (MM prequel anyone?)
Uh, just because Tingle got his own game, that doesn't mean he's now offically his own franchise, geez. I(t take more then just one, freaking, game to make a franchise.

Fawriel

Smash Master
"Tingle holds some popularity in Japan, and has two of his own video games for the Nintendo DS, titled Mogitate Chinkuru no Barairo Ruppīrando and Tingle's Balloon Fight." -Wiki

JesterBox

Smash Ace
1. Whoopi Golberg
2. Jimmney Glick (I HATE HIM SO MUCH)
3. Tom Cruise (MAN I HATE HIM TOO!)
4. A Goomba
5. Slippy

5 being the most

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
I have a new one now...in no particular order.

1.Dark Samus: Seriously do need a super powered Samus in Phazon? I mean come on, we all know that Dark Samus might be cool and all but we have a lot more characters to choose than Dark Samus. It really doesn't make any sense why Dark Samus should get picked before another Metriod Character or even...A Space Pirate? Dark Samus will most likely be a clone IMO.

2.Sora: There are other games from Square...you know? I mean there is a whole library of other characters from FFI-FVI there is noooo need to put Sora in SSBB keep him out.

3.Minda her real form: No! You don't suddenly just put Minda's real form just because you saw her about five minutes and suddenly go "OMG she's 1337!" The Imp Minda was more important than the real form. Because...you had Imp Minda for about 70% of the time. You just don't suddenly use her real form and call it a day.

4.Krystal: No that I don't like her..it's just that the games before command were just bad. Really really bad, Wolf at least had a great game before adventures. Krystal maybe cool but her games? Really really bad...

5.Protoman: He only appeared in Megaman 4 and Megaman 5...Yea...that is not enough. Plus in the anime he only was in about 10 episodes? I mean why Protoman over Megaman? Just because he has a red hemlet? Nope, sorry..

The Director

Smash Lord
3.Minda her real form: No! You don't suddenly just put Minda's real form just because you saw her about five minutes and suddenly go "OMG she's 1337!" The Imp Minda was more important than the real form. Because...you had Imp Minda for about 70% of the time. You just don't suddenly use her real form and call it a day.
Amen.

I personally think that Wolf Link with Midna on his back as a character would work better.

Top Bottom