• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bottom 5 picks for Brawl

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I am very disappointed with three of your choices, but whatever...

To be honest, I'd be alright with pretty much any video game character getting into brawl, but there are some...

1. Princess Daisy (NO WAY IN HELL!)
2. Happy Mask Salesman (seriously, WTF?!)
3. Andross (not as a playable character, at least. I really don't want to see what he would look like.)
4. PaRappa the Rapper (...Yeah)
5. Little Nemo (I saw him in a "Mike Jones for Brawl" video, and I jsut thought "WTF?!")

Honorable Mention:

Master Cheif (forgot to mention him)

NightmareOnAnyStreet

Smash Apprentice
How could master chief even be in brawl? I thought he was only in Halo for the xbox and halo 2 for xbox. Who would honestly want him when we already have Samus who is way cooler?

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
there is no awesomeness to him. in OoT and OoA he doesn't even move. at least when they planned Fox & C. Falcon (and the likes) they actually moved, and were MAIN CHARACTERS.
Happy Mask Salesman FTL. big time.
I love it when people don't even mention majoras mask when posting against HMS it shows the stupidity of some people. I find it even funnier when people say he was unimportant in MM I laugh at stupid people like that. Seriously who the hell unbanned you? The boards where like 100 times better withought you. BTW if you want to see a bad Zelda character suggestion look up Xianfeng's Kafei thread.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Seriously who the hell unbanned you? The boards where like 100 times better withought you.
I agree 110%

I love it when people don't even mention majoras mask when posting against HMS it shows the stupidity of some people. I find it even funnier when people say he was unimportant in MM I laugh at stupid people like that.
Honestly, WHY do you like HMS enough that he deserves to grace Brawl, when he only in 25% of the games (I did the math, basic 6th grade "is/of = n%). BEFORE YOU SAY THAT IS INCREASES HIS CHANCES, he appeared as a sidequest in OoT as a way for an extra heartpiece, and a cameo in OoA. 3 out of 12 (Didn't count Phantom Hourglass, but if I did, is only in 23%). If you want to go by percentages, Epona has higher than HMS.

However, if you want to go by how many games he has a MAJOR role in, 1/12. in other words, 8.33%

BTW if you want to see a bad Zelda character suggestion look up Xianfeng's Kafei thread.
At least Kafei moved:dizzy: Not a real reason, but just pointing out.

Chinkku397

Smash Rookie
I lot of people hate HMS....bogus.

My list is simple...

1. Third Party Characters!!!

2. Sonic or any of his friends

3. Some guy that has nothing to do with gaming (ex. Mike Jones(someone wanted him in a different thread and it was stupid))

4. Third Party Characters

5. Master Cheif....oh wait, he's a third party character!!!

NONE OF THESE IN BRAWL!!!:mad:

Sensai

Smash Master
There's no chance that Master Chief will be in Brawl. Please, stop wasting your time typing about him.

Oops, I'm a hypocrit.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
He's probably talking about the rapper, in which means he hasn't read the thread at all. >_>

5. Master Cheif....oh wait, he's a third party character
Master Cheif isn't 3rd party, he's Microsoft 1st party which means it's impossible for him to get into Brawl.

As for your beef with 3rd party characters, Snake is in, deal with it. And don't expect him to be the last.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I agree 110%

Honestly, WHY do you like HMS enough that he deserves to grace Brawl, when he only in 25% of the games (I did the math, basic 6th grade "is/of = n%). BEFORE YOU SAY THAT IS INCREASES HIS CHANCES, he appeared as a sidequest in OoT as a way for an extra heartpiece, and a cameo in OoA. 3 out of 12 (Didn't count Phantom Hourglass, but if I did, is only in 23%). If you want to go by percentages, Epona has higher than HMS.

However, if you want to go by how many games he has a MAJOR role in, 1/12. in other words, 8.33%
I want HMS in brawl because he is an interesting character and because he would have a fun and interesting moveset I know he probably won't get in but I still like him and want him in brawl. I still want Skull Kid in over him though.

At least Kafei moved:dizzy: Not a real reason, but just pointing out.HMS moved too and was actually important to the story unlike a stupid side character who was important to a side quest that was optional and he never even was in any other games.
My comments above in red.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
The reason I get so mad when someone disses HMS is because they make it seem like he is a random idea which he isn't he actually a possibility however small. Skull Kid has higher chance than HMS because Skull Kid has been in more recent games.

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, not many Zelda characters are getting in. Skull Kid with Majora's mask doesn't even have a huge chance. He is possible. But HMS.... Eh, I don't think so. Vaati, Midna, and even Tingle have higher priority. And there aren't going to be 5 Zelda new Zelda characters in Brawl.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Vaati > Skull Kid > HMS> Midna > Tingle.

Vaati is the only reccuring villain beside Ganon so he has the highest chance. Skull Kid also was once a villain and he keeps appearing in Zelda games so he has a chance too. HMS was important in one game and appeared in two as side quests. As cool as she could be MIDNA WON'T BE IN BRAWL! She was important in the most recent game whoopdie doo I doubt she will appear in any more. I hope a Midna fanboy flames me for that comment. Tingle is in alot of Zelda games was he important in any of them? HELL NO!

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, and HMS has had a minor part in one game and a slightly major part in another. That beats a major part in a recent game. (Sarcasm ends here)

I do agree that Tingle has a slightly low chance, but he DID get his own game in Japan.
EDIT: hemightbegiant beat me to it. Darn. ;)

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I don't count Tingles games as Zelda I count them as a separate franchise I was talking about possible Zelda reps It's still possible for Tingle to be in to rep his own games but I still think his chances are slim. The people who say Midna has a high chance just really want her in.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Vaati > Skull Kid > HMS> Midna > Tingle.
What the? How does HMS have a higher chance than either Midna or Tingle? Sure Midna's been in one game but she's practically the main character besides Link, the Happy Mask Salesman was important for the first part of MM but then kind of became irrelevant til the end of the game. Besides she has a hell of a lot of popularity despite being recent, which is more than I can say for HMS. Not saying she's a cert but I'd at least say she's got a very good shot. And don't get me started on Tingle, he's almost as much as a staple to the series as Gannondorf.

Edit: and if you refer to me as a Midna fanboy, then you fail. She'd be a nice addition but I won't hold my breath for her entry to brawl. But saying that HMS has a better chance is just an outright lie and you know it.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
At this rate, neither will HMS. He seems practically forgotten. And Tingle's importance in WW is almost the same as HMS. Tingle's overall recurrance in the series outweighs both Midna and HMS.

As for Midna's return, you're probably right, but at least she had somewhat of an impact in the series.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Tingle was unimportant story wise to WW while HMS was extremely important to the story of MM and we don't know if HMS is forgotten Nintendo may have something planned for him in the near future for all we know. Reccuring means nothing if the character is unimportant thats why characters like goomba won't get in. For now she did but for all we know in a few years people will say Midna who.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
He was not extremely important to the storyline, he helped Link at the beginning and that was it, the story then focused on Skull kid and him using Majora's power to wreak havoc around Termina, which Link had to fix. You don't even need to see HMS again after the first event, at least you had to return to Tingle now and then.

And your 'what if' scenarios are pointless. We don't know that HMS will make another appearance. We don't know that Midna will. For all we know HMS may usurp Link as the main Hero and make Midna his queen, while Tingle holds Hyrule Castle for ransom for a hefty price of rupees. All we know is what's happening now, and while Midna is fresh in peoples minds, while HMS is probably far back in their memories.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
If HMS hadn't lost the mask there would have been no game yes he was extremely important. About Midna being fresh in peoples minds so what she was important the most recent popular game whoopdie doo Vaati was a villain in three popular games Skull Kid and HMS where important in one game and made an appearance in two more they all have priority over Midna.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Loosing a mask doesn't make him important, it makes him a plot point. He owned the mask, got mugged and made Link go out to get it (seriously, what a jerk). If Link's uncle didn't go out and get killed, A Link to The Past wouldn't have happened, are you saying he's an important character?

Vaati has a lot of significance, that's true, and I never denied that. Skull Kid is debatable, but he was important in MM and one (could be the same, we don't know) made an appearance in TP, so you could argue his chances are better than Midna. However, if you really think that HMS is more important to the Series than Midna and has a better chance than her, then you are seriously a lost cause and there's no point in wasting my time on you. Besides this is going really off topic anyway.

I think I've already posted my picks, and they haven't changed sinse then so, yeah:ohwell: .

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Loosing a mask doesn't make him important, it makes him a plot point. He owned the mask, got mugged and made Link go out to get it (seriously, what a jerk). If Link's uncle didn't go out and get killed, A Link to The Past wouldn't have happened, are you saying he's an important character? To that particular game yes.

Vaati has a lot of significance, that's true, and I never denied that. Skull Kid is debatable, but he was important in MM and one (could be the same, we don't know) made an appearance in TP, so you could argue his chances are better than Midna. However, if you really think that HMS is more important to the Series than Midna and has a better chance than her, then you are seriously a lost cause and there's no point in wasting my time on you. Besides this is going really off topic anyway. HMS was important in one game just like Midna but he was also in more games than Midna so thats why I think he has better chances whats so hard to understand about that?

I think I've already posted my picks, and they haven't changed sinse then so, yeah:ohwell: .
My comments above in red. I see we aren't going anywhere with this so lets agree to disagree.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Tingle was unimportant in all of the zelda games and Midna probably won't return.
You're some kind of moron, you know that?

Tingle IS an imporant character, not to mention he appeared in TONS more games then HMS!

Example:
In the Wind Waker, you had to have Tingle translate Ancient maps in order to find the Triforce of Courage near the end of the game.

Also, don't Tingle sell you a map in Majora's Mask?

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
You're some kind of moron, you know that? And you're a post *****.

Tingle IS an imporant character, not to mention he appeared in TONS more games then HMS!

Example:
In the Wind Waker, you had to have Tingle translate Ancient maps in order to find the Triforce of Courage near the end of the game. Important= matters to story.

Also, don't Tingle sell you a map in Majora's Mask?You didn't need the maps.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Okay, you're not a moron, you're a f***ing ******.

did you even play Wind Waker? if you haven't you'd realize that Tingle DOES matter to the story.

You can go ahead and call me a post ***** again, it'll only prove my point.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
*sigh* I hoped this had been dropped.

To that particular game yes.
You missed the point, he's not important to the game. He's dead in the first 5 minutes if even that. I can't even see how you could sustain an argument that he is important.

HMS was important in one game just like Midna but he was also in more games than Midna so thats why I think he has better chances whats so hard to understand about that?
You really are a lost cause then, and even more of a fanboy than you claim the Midna fanboys are.

Seiously this time, I'm done with this.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
How the hell are you going to put me on the spot for swearing in the HMS thread when you just called me a ****ing ****** for nothing compared to what was said to me in that thread?

Yes I did play wind waker and no he doesn't matter to the story. He does stuff you need him to do to beat the game but they could easily have had someone else do what he did.

You can call me a ****ing ****** again it will only prove my point.

@ Lukefonfabre did you see the bottom of my post? Your the lost cause if you can't even read a full post.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
How the hell are you going to put me on the spot for swearing in the HMS thread when you just called me a ****ing ****** for nothing compared to what was said to me in that thread?

Yes I did play wind waker and no he doesn't matter to the story. He does stuff you need him to do to beat the game but they could easily have had someone else do what he did.

You can call me a ****ing ****** again it will only prove my point.
No, I won't call you a ****ing ******, because you're even stupider then that.

By you're logic, that also meant that it could have been someone else that would have taught Link the Song of Healing and asked him to retrieve Majora's Mask.

Honestly, you are so totally... dumberER!

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
@ Lukefonfabre did you see the bottom of my post? Your the lost cause if you can't even read a full post.
Do you realize how childish you sound.

If you read my post you would've realized I was already going to drop it, but you had to go and argue against me. If you were willing to drop the thing then you shouldn't have said anything, otherwise you're just provoking a retort.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I said in my comment that I was ready to drop it as well so you shouldn't have retorted.
You know what, I give up. You're just to ignorant to realize that Tingle has much more of a chance in Brawl then HMS could ever hope fo. He has appeared in far more games, and played a HUGE role in them, while the HMS has only been in about 3, and while his role in MM was bigger the his first game appearence, he only appeared at the beginning and pretty much doesn't do anything for the rest of the game until the ending.

But you know what they say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBAay9nPtOU

Top Bottom