• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bosses into trophies

WiseWarrior

Smash Cadet
After I beat SSE, I went back to get some trophies. I played as Sonic, with the "Big Boss" sticker on to increase the chances of trophy stand drops. I managed to get trophies of Petey Piranha and Rayquaza--but no matter how long I wait for stands to drop for other bosses, I can't seem to get them. Any tips?

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
Stands drop faster on higher difficulty levels. Outside of that, pack some launch resistance stickers to stay in the fight longer.

Cheesedork

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes, I die as Sonic (my sticker boy) and the next person comes out (Toon Link, who also has the Big Boss sticker) and a Trophy Stand appears pretty quick.
Maybe it's just coincidence, but it sure seems to happen to me a lot.

And while I'm here, is there any way to go straight to Bosses for Trophy capturing? I'm sick of replaying Bomb Factory for Meta Ridley, and I don't want to do the Great Maze again (as in, after first play through) just for Tabuu. >_>
And if not, any good strategies for not letting the Meta Ridley Trophy fall off the stage? I can never seem to grab it in mid-air (tried it three times, aggravation ensued).

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes, I die as Sonic (my sticker boy) and the next person comes out (Toon Link, who also has the Big Boss sticker) and a Trophy Stand appears pretty quick.
Maybe it's just coincidence, but it sure seems to happen to me a lot.

And while I'm here, is there any way to go straight to Bosses for Trophy capturing? I'm sick of replaying Bomb Factory for Meta Ridley, and I don't want to do the Great Maze again (as in, after first play through) just for Tabuu. >_>
And if not, any good strategies for not letting the Meta Ridley Trophy fall off the stage? I can never seem to grab it in mid-air (tried it three times, aggravation ensued).
Have your trophy stand sticker character as the last person in your lineup. Kill your other characters when you get to Meta Ridley and use your sticker character. If the stand does not drop before time gets low, jump off and kill yourself. Choose Get Up and you'll be right back at the fight.

Doing this, you can get a stand early enough in the fight to wait a while til he flies over the falcon so you can get his trophy without it falling away. But if your character is fast, you can get it in the air as it falls.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
I swear, I've never been more frustrated than I have with Brawl, trying to get Meta-Ridley's trophy. The Bomb factory is such a chore, from the ROBs to the Lance guys, to the massive gauntlet battle with various Primids. By time I've reached Meta-Ridley, I'm down to my 3rd guy, and then no trophy stand appears in time.

Or worse, a trophy stand appears way too early, and I have to hold it and damage MR with my B moves, which usually isn't very good. I can't count how many times I've died with a trophy stand in my hand.

Afro_Ninja

Smash Apprentice
once you actually GET to the boss it's not an issue, as you can just kill yourself if the fight doesn't go the right way. and you don't have to do the whole maze to get to tabuu either. Just start at the top right entrance (I think) and you'll be about two rooms away from tabuu's door. Either way it's easy to warp to, much easier than playing through levels like the bomb factory.

so far I have petey, rayquaza, porky, and duon. Missing ridley/meta ridley, galleom, and tabuu.

after I got porky's trophy I actually died and had to continue in the zoo level to finish it out. It let me keep my trophy though- I don't know if I got lucky and let me keep it, or that it will never make you lose boss trophies. I know you're liable to lose any other trophy you've collected, though : /

tingler

Smash Rookie
stayed up way past my bedtime last night because of that meta ridley fight. sometimes a trophy stand never dropped (don't have a big boss sticker), sometimes i died with one in my hand like a nub, and too many times did the trophy fall off the side -- whether it's because of the dmg done or the time winding down, MR floats off to the side of the ship (not above it).

the worst was when MR killed himself by hitting an explosive right as it spawned and having to play the whole lvl over again.

if u're going for the boss trophies, MR is going to be a pain. but the others just took smart play to wait out the fight for a trophy stand. tabuu only took 2 tries; keep heavyweights at the end of ur lineup to make sure u stay in the fight

zarkawi

Smash Cadet
i have some advice for getting the tabuu trophy, first off, do it on a higher difficulty with a big boss sticker. second, be sure you're good at dodging his crap. i was dodging for 20 minutes on easy with no big boss sticker before a **** trophy stand showed up.

salaboB

Smash Champion
after I got porky's trophy I actually died and had to continue in the zoo level to finish it out. It let me keep my trophy though- I don't know if I got lucky and let me keep it, or that it will never make you lose boss trophies. I know you're liable to lose any other trophy you've collected, though : /
You lose half the stickers you've found so far on a run when you continue, I've never seen a trophy be lost though.

LegendOfZeldaBrawler

Smash Rookie
Trophy Losses in Subspace

You lose half the stickers you've found so far on a run when you continue, I've never seen a trophy be lost though.
Supposedly, when you continue, you randomly lose half of the stickers AND trophies you have collected throughout the level, not including what you have found in orange boxes, etc.

Source: Smash Bros. Dojo

CodeytheRhino

Smash Apprentice
Dumb question: Are you talking about SE or the Boss Battles mode? Can you use stickers for Boss Battles? I never paid any attention,.

Jerm~

Smash Rookie
Getting to Tabuu isnt too bad. Once you've completed the great maze you do not have to go through it all again (as in defeating every character). Go to the top right most "The Great Maze" zone and run through the 2 rooms to get to the final door.

Capturing tabuu on the other hand may be a little difficult. His health needs to be extremely low. His frequent teleports are a pain and guessing where his final spot is impossible. The best tip i can give is to throw the trophy stand straight up no matter what. Wait for it to fall and you can jump press standard attack and you'll catch it in air if you fail to hit Tabuu. Throwing the stand side ways may result in missing Tabuu and the stand flies off the stage. Or, you may hit Tabuu and his trophy falls away over the stage.

I caught him with Pit, Fox, Falco, Rob, Marth, Metaknight as my team. I'd suggest putting your trophy stickers on the last 3 on your team. Good luck ^_^

TheToonWindWaker

Smash Rookie
Ive been trying to get duon for 3 hours now, but even when I hit it, it dosent turn into a trophy, do I need to weaken it first?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Anybody know where to find all the bosses? (i.e. what levels they appear)

I know Petey's in the stadium, Rayquaza (spelling) is in the lake, Duon is on Battleship Halberd Bridge, Taboo is in the maze. Don't know about the others. Also, I think some bosses can be picked up in coin launcher or randomly (don't know if this is true though). I found a list made supposedly by Nintendo of all the trophies in the game and how to get them.

http://brawlcentral.com/content.php?p=trophies_p1

some of the boss trophies say they appear randomly or through coin launcher. Anyone know if this is a mistake?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I got the Tabuu trophy on Easy. All I did was put the Big Boss sticker on at least three fighters and put them on my squad.

Note: Big Boss increases the chances of a trophy stand appearing by 30 points.

Zm4rf

Smash Cadet
What's this?

Apparently there are TWO Tabuu trophies.

A normal and one with wings...

tf?

ChromeSonic00

Smash Apprentice
If you do it on a harder difficulty, there is more of a chance trophy stands will appear. Also, put your trophy stand person in the middle-back or last person in your line-up. Also, be patient, and dodge as much as possible.

renshai117

Smash Cadet
to Zm4rf:

The one with wings is attained by beating boss battles with all characters. The other by hitting tabuu with a trophy stand after weakening him is SSE. Tabuu is the bottom right trophy on the challenges screen. There are two Galleom trophies as well, one for hitting him with the trophy stand, and the other for completing Boss Battles mode on intense.

CodeytheRhino

Smash Apprentice
The one with wings is attained by beating boss battles with all characters. The other by hitting tabuu with a trophy stand after weakening him is SSE. Tabuu is the bottom right trophy on the challenges screen. There are two Galleom trophies as well, one for hitting him with the trophy stand, and the other for completing Boss Battles mode on intense.
Nicely done. I really dont wanna beat Boss Battles with all characters so I doubt I'll get that. BTW, is anyone else having problems getting the "Big Boss" sticker? I have like 600/700 stickers and I still can't get it. I use the CD factory and I just get repeats most of the time. I do have another sticker that helps for trophy stand drops, but like 21 points instead of 30.

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
I plan on trying to get all the boss trophies pretty soon. I don't think I have any stickers that help with trophy bases, though. I'm going to have to try and get that sticker then conquer the bosses.

redshift71388

Smash Apprentice
What's this?

Apparently there are TWO Tabuu trophies.

A normal and one with wings...

tf?
Same with Golleom. The alternate forms aren't obtained with trophy stands though. They are won through challenges. I wish I'd have known that before enduring another fight against Golleum and waiting for him to turn into a tank before tossing the stand... Only for the same **** trophy I had already.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did hear that you get a message for getting all the Subspace boss trophies in the game. It seems like that even includes Tabuu (wings) and Galleom (tank form).

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Oh really? I'll check that out after I get the Meta-Ridley trophy. I have about 540 trophies and other than Meta-Ridley, the only one I'm missing is the stickers trophy.

WeltallZero

Smash Cadet
I just confirmed something I suspected. I already knew that if you're killed after getting an enemy trophy, and choose to give up, you retain that trophy.

So I tested the following: I got the Rayquaza trophy, then on the next screen I exited back to the map via the menu. I didn't get the "you got those trophies" screen like when you die and not continue, or finish the level, so I thought the Rayquaza trophy was lost (no big deal, it's quite easy to get in Intense). But I went to the trophy collection, and sure enough, there it was. So, all of you worried about losing a trophy after getting it, just quit back to the map.

I also noticed that during the boss battle, no more than one item spawned at a time. It may be a good idea to throw these unwanted items offscreen as soon as you can while you wait for the stand to drop.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yes, you do get the message. Let me tell you right now. Capturing Meta-Ridley into a trophy takes extreme luck. Just because you have a Big Boss sticker doesn't mean one stand will appear in the 2:00 time limit. Also, don't use it on him if he is not above the Falcon Flyer. This includes when he is in neutral position to the left. It's also tricky to predict most of his attacks because he always flies to the left and on Intense, they occur quickly. Only a few attacks allow for safe trophy stand throwing and trophy obtaining. This got frustrating fast, epecially when my Toon Link holding a stand clipped through the flyer when it rose after getting slashed by Meta-Ridley.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
Here's my strategy. Go on intense. Use charizard to take a huge chunk from its health. Send out Fox to sort of chip down its health to a sliver with his blaster without killing it. Wait for a stand. Have the rest as backups, usually medium-heavy guys that can dodge well equipped with launch resistance and trophy drop stickers. Oh, and dizzy time - helps too. It's worked for me pretty good so far, I just need Tabuu, Ridley, and Meta Ridley.

Commander Jesus

Smash Cadet
Same with Golleom. The alternate forms aren't obtained with trophy stands though. They are won through challenges. I wish I'd have known that before enduring another fight against Golleum and waiting for him to turn into a tank before tossing the stand... Only for the same **** trophy I had already.
I did hear that you get a message for getting all the Subspace boss trophies in the game. It seems like that even includes Tabuu (wings) and Galleom (tank form).
Oh really? I'll check that out after I get the Meta-Ridley trophy. I have about 540 trophies and other than Meta-Ridley, the only one I'm missing is the stickers trophy.
Dont you get a Tabuu trophy for beating Boss Mode with every character?
I just confirmed something I suspected. I already knew that if you're killed after getting an enemy trophy, and choose to give up, you retain that trophy.

So I tested the following: I got the Rayquaza trophy, then on the next screen I exited back to the map via the menu. I didn't get the "you got those trophies" screen like when you die and not continue, or finish the level, so I thought the Rayquaza trophy was lost (no big deal, it's quite easy to get in Intense). But I went to the trophy collection, and sure enough, there it was. So, all of you worried about losing a trophy after getting it, just quit back to the map.

I also noticed that during the boss battle, no more than one item spawned at a time. It may be a good idea to throw these unwanted items offscreen as soon as you can while you wait for the stand to drop.
Yes, you do get the message. Let me tell you right now. Capturing Meta-Ridley into a trophy takes extreme luck. Just because you have a Big Boss sticker doesn't mean one stand will appear in the 2:00 time limit. Also, don't use it on him if he is not above the Falcon Flyer. This includes when he is in neutral position to the left. It's also tricky to predict most of his attacks because he always flies to the left and on Intense, they occur quickly. Only a few attacks allow for safe trophy stand throwing and trophy obtaining. This got frustrating fast, epecially when my Toon Link holding a stand clipped through the flyer when it rose after getting slashed by Meta-Ridley.
Here's my strategy. Go on intense. Use charizard to take a huge chunk from its health. Send out Fox to sort of chip down its health to a sliver with his blaster without killing it. Wait for a stand. Have the rest as backups, usually medium-heavy guys that can dodge well equipped with launch resistance and trophy drop stickers. Oh, and dizzy time - helps too. It's worked for me pretty good so far, I just need Tabuu, Ridley, and Meta Ridley.
I bought a computer instead of a Wii...
No regrets other than this game.

Multiquote!!

ShiningSeraph

Smash Rookie
I have a random tip for people having trouble turning Meta Ridley into a trophy.

After you get the trophy stand, wait until Meta Ridley goes off stage. Then, throw the trophy stand UPWARDS. If it doesn't hit him while it's going up, it might when it goes down. If Meta Ridley doesn't even come onto the ship, jump and air dodge or attack to catch the stand again.

I was playing as Meta Knight just now and I had problems catching the trophy off stage (with Fox and other fast fallers). But I threw the trophy stand upwards and when Meta Ridley came rushing onto the ship, it hit him.

Warning, though: Only try this if you know Meta Ridley's attacks and can catch in the air well.

Edit: Remember, always do Boss Battle stages on Intense so you can get the trophy stand easier. Also, I didn't use any stickers while getting this trophy, but stickers that increase the drop rate of trophy stands help.

Top Bottom