• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bosses Confirmed For Brawl

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
im saving Zelda because she's not a moron and she more of a princess than peach and she is better looking as well

Cyrus Falcon

Smash Rookie
I think Pokemon's Boss should be Shadow Lugia, or one of the D/P legendaries.

Kirbiy's boss, definatley the Nightmare or Drawcia. DeDeDe could possibly be playable, like Bowser's size, and Kracko could be an Assist Trophy.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
I loveee the boss idea.
And no, Ridley and DDD have the same exact chances still of being playable. There are other bosses from their series that can be smash bosses.

My list:
Big Blooper
King Boo
Petey Piranha (Confirmed)
Wiggler
King K. Rool
Zant
Whispy Woods
Nightmare
Kraid
Andross
Deathborn
Medusa
Dr. Eggman

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Dedede has no shot of being a boss,and hopefully they'll get Mother Brain over Ridley a boss.

Also,I like Peach,but Zelda would be more useful,so I'm saving her. I hope they have alot of "choose your path" storylines in the game like like this,too!

etrain911

Smash Apprentice
I think for pokemon you'll save Red and he'll have to fight giovanni and win ethier captured jiggly puff or captured pikachu.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Mario characters - Petey P
DK & Diddy - King K Rool
Starfox characters - Andross
F-Zero characters - Deathborn/Black Bull
Ness - Some Alien Dude
Ice Climbers - The Big Flying Thing Atop Of The Level
Pit - THE GRIM REAPER :p
Kirby characters - Dedede/Eyeball Cloud/Whispy Woods
Pokémon - Some legendary badass
Pokémon Trainer - Giovanni and his Pokémon (Nidoking, Nidoqueen etc.)
Zelda characters - Zant or one of the bosses from TP
Fire Emblem characters - Some giant An-us or something
Game & Watch - A gamer who is playing Game & Watch
Samus - Ridley (please playable) /Kraid/Metroid Prime
Snake - Metal Gear RAY!!

I'd save Zelda, more boob-detail than Peach, and Peach wears granny-underwear...

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
i think we can ahve faith in sakurai with handling ridley. he wouldnt do that....i hope :)

but as with boss characters, wed rather play as arch nemisis than have to face him once in a mode.

think about petey...hes by no means a main rival of anyone. hes just a big baddy. think king boo,the raven from super mario world too, dogman(i think thats the cloud thing from kirby nightmare in dremaland). just big henchman set up to deter u from the goal of defeatign the subspace emiissary.

if theyre gonna put in a bsos from metroid its gonna be kraid hopefully. ridley to sweet too sweet of candy not to have.

and im saving zelda all the way. hopefully whicheva princess u leave in the cage gets taken to subspace and amde into some evil mistress of the dark world

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Hmm....this is making me remember...

*Remembers starmen.net being told that Pokey is appearing in the game*

....I think it fits perfectly...

TheSpindoctor

Smash Journeyman
I would save Zelda because she is hotter....

More bosses would be awesome. They better have moves that would be unfair if that character would be playable. Because if they didnt, once you beat a character at level 9, the bosses would be as simple as just that. So they better have moves and other features that distinguish them as bosses, and something more than just characters.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
I want King Dedede,Ridley,and K.Rool to be playable not bosses,I can see Andross(Starfox) and Deathborn(F-zero) as Boss characters,I would save Peach because she's cute

Kadian

Smash Apprentice
Guys, being a boss character is not exclusive to being playable also. It just happens that the boss Sakurai showcased is too big to play as conventionally.

Imagine if somewhere along the story, you play as Samus, but the Subspace Army forces you to Final Smash, transforming you to Zamus (for more dramatics), and then Ridley (normal size) appears to fight you in a 1v1. And when you beat him, you unlock him for multiplayer.

It happened when you double teamed Ganondorf in the event matches, so I see rival battles with unlockables completely plausible in Brawl.

I'm loving the multi-choice plot paths, by the way, and I'm also saving Zelda (c'mon transformation!).

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
Here's a thought:

You have to trade wifi style with someone who saved the princess you didn't to unlock them.

Example:
I save Zelda, then trade wifi with my buddy who saved Peach. Thus, he now has Zelda and I have Peach!

At least it's wifi usage...

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Here's a thought:

You have to trade wifi style with someone who saved the princess you didn't to unlock them.

Example:
I save Zelda, then trade wifi with my buddy who saved Peach. Thus, he now has Zelda and I have Peach!

At least it's wifi usage...

That's an awful idea. Not everyone has wifi/or a place where it's readily avaliable. No character should be unlocked like that. Ever. :mad:

WarxePB

Smash Ace
My dream is to have a 2D shoot-em-up mode with the Arwing/Wolfen/Hunter Gunship/Falcon Flyer fighting whatever space fighter tech/allies (namely Ridley) the Army has. That'd be a boss battle, eh?

Also, Mother Brain would work as a boss - you'd have to complete the final room from Metroid, with destroying the red barriers and avoiding the turrets.

metallic shadow

Smash Apprentice
screw peach!
zelda is much more nice!

the boss for pokemon charaters will be
rayquaza.

samus should fight KRAID
not ridley!

ARX-7 Arbalest

Smash Journeyman
Temple Hills, Maryland or University of MD, Baltim
Ridley (since most fans are praying that ridley will get in...this is probably how)

Metal Gear

If mewtwo doesnt make it back as playable, i wouldnt be surprised if he became a boss

A Dark Knight or Wyvern/Wyvern Rider from Fire Emblem

Ganondorf (and he'd be unlockable to play as if you beat him)

ill think of some others later

ARX-7 Arbalest

Smash Journeyman
Temple Hills, Maryland or University of MD, Baltim
Ridley (since most fans are praying that ridley will get in...this is probably how)

Metal Gear

If mewtwo doesnt make it back as playable, i wouldnt be surprised if he became a boss

A Dark Knight or Wyvern/Wyvern Rider from Fire Emblem

Ganondorf (and he'd be unlockable to play as if you beat him)

ill think of some others later

Smash Ace
that was a triple post.
Peach and Zelda better not mean restriction to Link and Mario.
heck, a quick Volt Tackle could sever Zelda's cage and fry PP to a crisp.
forget Peach.

Puffs

Smash Ace
Due to the fact that you make your choice by dealing damage to a specific cage in the midst of trying to not be killed , I'm guessing it'll be fairly difficult to choose which princess you want in particular.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Personally, I don't like the idea of these "bosses" not unless they become playable, and believe me I don't want Petey playable... >_< I just hope the good boss type characters like Ridley are playable.

As for the princess I choose... Who knows? I don't even know what happens with the one I save.

Mario Ninja

Smash Rookie
What if there was some way you could hit both cages at the same time and save both princesses.

P.S.
Pokemon boss should totally be Team Rocket. Jessy could use Arbok, James could use Wheezing, and Meoweth could jump in. It would kind of be like Pokemon Trainer.

Metroid boss should be Dark Samus.

Link boss should be Zant b/c i want Ganandorf to be playable.

Kirby Boss should be King DeDe or some other major Kirby character.

Also if Baby Bowser doesn't make it he sould be a boss. He could use one of his giant bowser robots or he could dress up like the blue Mario like in Mario Sunshine. He might even be the one that sent Petty to get the princeses. Because, wasn't he in charge of Petty in Mario Sunshine?

Smile Guy

Smash Apprentice
I think everyone's thinking to literally about these bosses.

Petey Piranha is hardly the main boss of the Mario franchise is he? So why are we assuming that all the main bosses of every franchise will be the bosses we fight. Petey Piranha was probably chosen because he's just a sub-boss of the series. I think Sakurai will really delve into the murky backwaters of Nintendo history to get some of these bosses. It won't just be one per franchise... it will be the most innovative, rare, forgotten and interesting.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Bosses are an interesting addition. Makes the single player deeper and it seems like you can choose what happens depending on your actions.

Shuma

Smash Hero
You can all be damm sure that Ridley is going to be a boss, and he is also going to be playable(i hope) just like Bowser and Ganon.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
I think everyone's thinking to literally about these bosses.

Petey Piranha is hardly the main boss of the Mario franchise is he? So why are we assuming that all the main bosses of every franchise will be the bosses we fight. Petey Piranha was probably chosen because he's just a sub-boss of the series. I think Sakurai will really delve into the murky backwaters of Nintendo history to get some of these bosses. It won't just be one per franchise... it will be the most innovative, rare, forgotten and interesting.
well bowser is a chracter so they cant do that,>_>

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
P.S.
Pokemon boss should totally be Team Rocket. Jessy could use Arbok, James could use Wheezing, and Meoweth could jump in. It would kind of be like Pokemon Trainer.
This isn't going to happen, I guarantee you. The characters aren't modeled after the anime... Pokemon Trainer isn't Ash... XD

Top Bottom