• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bosses Confirmed For Brawl

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Primetime84

Smash Cadet
For a GW boss I see the character you're playing with have to be thrown around by trampolines like in the Parachute game, or having to ctach oil dripping down for a certain amount of points then you advance. After advancing you either play multiple GW's again, or a Ginat GW is always a good thing.

In terms of K.Rool he seems to be a Bowser clone, but ofcourse could have a kewl moveset. King Dede could have some kind of DK moveset, or once again would be really kewl with his own moveset. I don't know jack about Metroid, soooo Ridley IMO will be a Boss, the character is fricken huge!!! People mentioned Kraid, but Kraid was in Melee, I wanna see as many new bosses, characters, and level ideas as possible!!

pokemega32

Smash Apprentice
Dark matter had only appear in 3 games of 18, kracko in 13. there's more chances for Kracko to appear

thats my opinion
But Dark Matter is the true villain of the Kirby series...

He's the one controlling Dedede's actions in two of the games...

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
Have you already imagined what it would be like if several bosses are battled similarly to how they were in their 2D games appearances?

I'm envisioning a 3D-looking Kraid who fights almost exactly as he did in Super Metroid or Zero Mission, but is battled by the SSBB version of Link.

Imagine how it would be to throw bombs into his open mouth - or even to fire Bomb Arrows in there, should Link be able to combine his weapons!

Another idea: Among the clouds, you fight Kracko. Characters with a short reach can't hurt him easily because of his electrifying spikes, but characters with a weapon, like Ike, should have it easier.

Another nice possibility when you're fighting Gohma: She's crawling on the ceiling and most attacks can't reach her, so you have to wait until a Cracker Launcher appears, up to now the only shooting item that can be aimed upwards.

Other ideas how boss battles could be?

Timat the Slayer

Smash Journeyman
Here's my ideas for how some of the bosses will work.

If a boss ends up being an actual playable character, they will most likely have some sort of handicap, or extra abilities that can only be used in the story mode. For those who know little about programming, it's the same general character animations, but different moveset. That way it minimizes extra animations, without having to redo an entire character, only those specific attacks that are different.

But anyway, onto the more interesting stuff!

Metroid: For those of you who have played all the metroid games, you know that Mother Brain was the original boss of everything. leader of the space pirates, the whole shibang. However, she seems to have been forgotten due to the newer games, so it wouldn't be a surprise if she came back, even in her super metroid form which would truly be awe inspiring in the Brawl graphics engine.

If nothing else, Kraid could easily be a boss, repeating the basic battle of how it was in..well..all the games he was in. You have to stand on platforms as he throws stuff at you, and shoot him in the face (mouth). Not something I'd expect Sakurai to do but..not impossible (See also: Pokemon Trainer)

Mario: Yeah, you got petey prirahna (however that's spelled). But he's not important >_> And seriously? You still got Bowser, peach, and most likely Luigi, to represent that series, so I HIGHLY doubt he's the only boss. I personally feel that if there is another boss, it'd have to be something that wouldn't be surprising to see most if not all mario character could/would work together against. ::Cough Cough:: Exor? Smithy? Anybody? Fighting Exor could be an amazing fight if done right. He's so high up you have to climb up platforms and and finish off waves of those little baddies while dodging his major attacks until you get to the top and can fight him. (..this reminded me of contra...)

Zelda: Well.. It could be ganondorf. And it'd use that little snippet I said up top but... I don't think it would be. It'll more than likely be either Zant, or Ganon's beast form. Don't get me wrong, there's a good chance another boss will be used but...those are the most notable bosses >_>;

F-Zero: Eh..it could go either way. Death born, Black Shadow. Hell, Blood falcon? Just make him a souped up C.Falcon with a handicap or something >_>

Star Fox: ....I'm not even gonna say it -_- Everybody already knows.

Kirby: This..is tough. There's a lot of possiblities for this. From an uber metaknight, to...i dunno, a dark kirby >_>; It's too early to tell right now.

Snake: ..? Metal gear anybody? That'd just be epic O_o

Pit: Uhm...Medusa was the boss at the end of the game so... Ah, and the fight could be focused more on aerial combat, as it was in the game more like a shooter. They might be able to alter the amount of jumps pit can get, or he 'picks up an item' or something. You never know >_> (And for the record, I knew who pit was BEFORE Brawl. So...hah. ...**** his game was hard.) ((Thanks to Shritistrang for confirming it was, in fact, Medusa, that was the last boss))

Pokemon: For the sake of programming, they'll probably do a huge *** legendary pokemon gone wrong. I'm not a huge fan of it, so..you guys can pick whatever floats your fancy.

Wario: ....GAME AND WATCH! Nah, I don't know. Last I checked, wario ware games don't have a 'bad guy' >_>; ...actually now that I think about it, could it be waluigi? o_o

Yeah, that's all I have to say. I know, and I'm sorry, for the incredibly long post, but I tried to keep it organized and realistic, both to hopes and as far as designing it would go.

Enjoy - or - Ignore.

Edit: Fixed Pit's possible boss encounter...and noted that it's Medusa he fights at the end of the game.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Saving Zelda no doubt...saved peach one too many friggin times...

I wonder though, if it's possible to save both at the same time? Maybe Petey has some move that brings the cages together....who knows..

blayde_axel

Smash Master
That green-haired girl in the pic with Pit... that is most likely Medusa, correct? Since Palutena looks nothing like that.

So... Medusa's definitely a boss now! I'd love to see how she looks!

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Andross and Ridley bosses would be awesome. And if they do try to make an MGS boss, I'm rooting for Grey Fox. (Maybe even make him unlockable o.O)

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
That green-haired girl in the pic with Pit... that is most likely Medusa, correct? Since Palutena looks nothing like that.

Are you kidding? Of course that's supposed to be Palutena! Do you think Pit would stand that calmly in front of her? Or that she would wear such robes?

Besides, take a look at the official Palutena art: She has green hair! And Medusa has snakes for hair... and the hair of the girl on that pic is way too soft to be made of snakes.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I realized that... but if you notice... the goddess form of Palutena from the Final Smash and the person that's standing in front of Pit look nothing alike. Palu's hair is darker and she doesn't have that wristband.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
I realized that... but if you notice... the goddess form of Palutena from the Final Smash and the person that's standing in front of Pit look nothing alike. Palu's hair is darker and she doesn't have that wristband.
Maybe her hair is much lighter in that picture because of some bright source of light. And if you imagine how she would look like if you take away that round shield of hers, she could very well have the same sort of wristband/glove on that arm as she has on the other arm.

Croco

Smash Lord

Are you kidding? Of course that's supposed to be Palutena! Do you think Pit would stand that calmly in front of her? Or that she would wear such robes?

Besides, take a look at the official Palutena art: She has green hair! And Medusa has snakes for hair... and the hair of the girl on that pic is way too soft to be made of snakes.
Maybe her hair is much lighter in that picture because of some bright source of light. And if you imagine how she would look like if you take away that round shield of hers, she could very well have the same sort of wristband/glove on that arm as she has on the other arm.

Medusa ->

Palutena ->

Medusa looks to have a larger bust size.. lmao

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I'm hoping the boss-spots are going to be reserved for characters that aren't important to the games, or ones that are too big to be playable. Petey Piranha fits this description. There's still hope for Ridley...

pokemega32

Smash Apprentice
Metroid: For those of you who have played all the metroid games, you know that Mother Brain was the original boss of everything. leader of the space pirates, the whole shibang. However, she seems to have been forgotten due to the newer games, so it wouldn't be a surprise if she came back, even in her super metroid form which would truly be awe inspiring in the Brawl graphics engine.
Actually, that's been retconned by the newer games and the official e-manga...

Mother Brain's just considered to be the computer controlling Zebes, while Ridley's the leader...

Timat the Slayer

Smash Journeyman
[insert the Fat Nerd voice from The Simpsons ]I'd like to point out, Medusa *clearly* has green skin, and Palutena has tan skin. That is all, thank you. :p [end voice]

Yeah, that's it >_>;

kadafy

Smash Rookie
I'm hoping the boss-spots are going to be reserved for characters that aren't important to the games, or ones that are too big to be playable. Petey Piranha fits this description. There's still hope for Ridley...
Petey Piranha fits in easily with Mario Superstar Baseball, as well as Mario Strikers: Charged. *shrugs*

Timat the Slayer

Smash Journeyman
Actually, that's been retconned by the newer games and the official e-manga...

Mother Brain's just considered to be the computer controlling Zebes, while Ridley's the leader...
That's...One of the gayest things I've ever heard >_> I have no words for the disappointment I'm feeling.

Top Bottom