• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bosses Confirmed For Brawl

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
Petey Pirahna is the first. Who will be the second? How many are there? Will there be a boss for every franchise? WHich princess will you save and which will you screw over?

DISCUSS!!!

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling that this might doom chances of enemy characters like Ridley and such from being playable. After all, since Ridley has always been a massive opponent, there'd be no need to resize him into a playable character to have him in the game anymore.

The same could indeed be done for Dedede, King K. Rool, and others...

this is both a cool concept for the Subspace Emissary and a bane for possible playable villain characters....

Hong

The Strongest
I have a feeling (and hope) that saving a certain princess will change the story line. I hope the game presents situations like this often, so you have to play through more than once to experience all of the content, without making it feel tedious.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I have a feeling that this might doom chances of enemy characters like Ridley and such from being playable. After all, since Ridley has always been a massive opponent, there'd be no need to resize him into a playable character to have him in the game anymore.

this is both a cool concept for the Subspace Emissary and a bane for possible playable villain characters....
In the first Metroid, Ridley is shown as being only a bit bigger than Samus. In the Melee opening sequence, he's not as big as Bowser in Brawl. But still, this doesn't bode well at all... hopefully, if Metroid gets a boss, it'll be Metroid Prime. But remember... Metroid: Boss Battle (Ridley Fight).
I'm hoping the "boss-only" characters are going to remain the huge ones. I reckon we can see the likes of Andross and Ninja Kong.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
This opens possibilities to villanesque characters that may have been too lame/unpopular/unfeasible to be made playable like Petey. One possibility: Majora's mask/skull kid, I never saw him as a probable playable character, but as a boss/enemy, I could really see possibilities here

Kirby knight

Smash Lord

King Dedede is one boss type character I'm not really worried about. You don't get the highest votes on the poll just to be a boss only.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
Here are the boss enemies I'm hoping for:

Mario has already Petey. So...

Donkey Kong: Army Dillo (love him!)

Zelda: Gohma (classic!)

Kirby: Kracko

Metroid: Kraid

Starfox: Andross... or an Aparoid

Pokémon: Gyarados

Can't say anything about Earthbound, Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem, though...

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I guess this makes Ridley's chances as a boss higher... especially since the music update was called "Metroid Boss Battle Music (Ridley Fight)...

I know it's shakey evidence... but Ridley fans shouldn't get their hopes up too high...

Edit: Petey can have Zelda :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I say Mother Brain should be the Metroid Boss...

SUPER Mother Brain

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I guess this makes Ridley's chances as a boss higher... especially since the music update was called "Metroid Boss Battle Music (Ridley Fight)...

I know it's shakey evidence... but Ridley fans shouldn't get their hopes up too high...

Edit: Petey can have Zelda :p
Zelda!?! Zelda is better than Peach in every way comprehendable

Edit: Double Post, my bad..

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I don't think Ridley will be a boss. He's one of the most requested characters, and Sakurai seems to pay attention to what the fans want. Petey was never likely to be a playable character. Only a hand full of people wanted him to be.

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
dedede and k rool wouldn't need to be resized, hopefully theyll be playable

my guesses for bosses for each franchises are:

mario: petey piranha, giga bowser?
Zelda: Ganons beast form
Kirby: either 02, or marx, or both
Metroid: mother brain, metroid prime, kraid
Star Fox: Andross of course
Pokemon: rayquaza, or giovannis whole lineup

if sheik returns im leavin peach

Shuma

Smash Hero
I'm just going to quote my last posts concerning Ridley:

Bowser and Ganondorf will probably be end game bossess, Ridley is the Bowser/Ganondorf of the Metroid Franchise, while Petey is just one of the many bossess of the Mario games, and it's like a Waluigi with a bigger Fanbase.

Ridley on the other hand is popular has a lot more potential, and has a gigantic fanbase. Comparing him to Petey is something terrible to do. Also you forget there are many many Metroid Bossess that could fill the role of Adventure boss, even Meta Ridley wich was the "gigantic" Ridley.

Common Ridley was just twice the height of Samus.

Edit:

About King K. Rool, i would love to see him as a PC, but i don't really car, now he WAS huge, DK was the size of his feet.

Just quoting my posts on the subject.

Also this doesn't confirm is Ridley is going to be playable or not, since probably Bowser and Ganondorf are playable.
Ridley has the same importance as Bowser and Ganondorf this doesn't confirm anything, we all knew Petey was doomed to not even be in the game, Sak surprised us, but still, not good enough to be a PC.

We all know Ridley has more potential and a bigger fanbase than Petey, the update of the bossess doesn't confirm anything.

And like i sayd, Bowser and Ganondorf will surely be bosses, and Bowser is playable, same with Ganondorf.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
A smile is better from someone when it is a rare sight, especially getting that person to smile...
That might sound strange coming from a guy like me, but...

That really sounded sweet!

I don't think EVERY single Nintendo series will have a boss character in this mode, but the most important ones, such as Mario, Zelda, Metroid and so on.

D

Deleted member

We'll see more characters and bosses later, of course (personally, I want Veran; just because posession is awesome for story purposes).

Is it just me, or does this look like the best Nintendo game ever?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...Still think Mother Brain over Kraid...

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
This is a test to sort out the believers from the non believers for Ridley that is...

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
The boss right before the final boss should be Machamp, as a Mortal Kombat parody.

PhazonPirate

Smash Cadet
I hope Ridley is still a character.He can sorta be a character and a boss right?I think Andross would make a good boss.Saving Zelda...

KoopaKoot

Smash Apprentice
Brawl's gonna be huge!

Gonna save Peach first cos she screamed. :)

I hope we see Andross, Nightmare(kirby) and XD001 Lolz :laugh:

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I don't think Ridley will be a boss at all. I don't know why everyone is assuming he'll be a boss. He's much more likely to be a playable character.

Top Bottom