• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*~*~*Bootle's Every Other Week Tournaments (North Hayward on MAMAS!!)*~*~*(04/44/44)

Bootleofwater

Smash Journeyman
Since I was happy with the results from the previous tournaments at my house, I've decided to host more of these. Unless something comes up, this will be happening. YAY! TLA!!!! Remember, Lucien is a beast and Dread has a red backpack.

Anyone can come if they wish to get whooped in the corner.

----------------Rules-------------------------

Singles:

-4 Stock with an 8 minute time limit
-6 neutral stages on random( Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64)
-Sets continue to a best of 9 if two players meet again, best of 11 if finals.
-Characters are selected, then stage bans
-Each player can ban one stage
-Counter-pick stages are selected BEFORE the winner of the previous match selects their character( i.e. Loser chooses stage, then winner selects character, loser selects character).
-Legal counter-pick stages: 6 neutrals, Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Kongo Jungle 64, Poke Floats, Onett, Brinstar, and Mute City. EVERY OTHER STAGE IS BANNED!
-Best out of 3, finals best out of 5
-A player cannot choose a stage they've already won on
-The same stage cannot be played twice in one set unless both people agree
-Don't get whooped in the corner!
-

Doubles:

-Stages on random ( Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Dreamland, Yoshi's Story)
-Legal counter-picks( 5 Neutrals, Poke floats, Great bay, Mushroom Kingdom 2, Corneria, Kongo Jungle, Green Greens, Onett, Rainbow Cruise, and Brinstar. Every other stage is banned!
-Don't get teamed comboed in the corner!

No Rainbow Cruise on random.

Low Tiers:

-Same rules as singles
-Winner takes all
-Allowed characters:

Pikachu
Young Link
Pichu
Bowser(BOOSTA!)
Mewtwo
Mr. Game and Watch
Kirby
Yoshi
Zelda
Donkey Kong
Ness

Luigi, Roy, and Link are banned.

Singles: $7

Teams: $10(per team)

Low tier Singles: $2 (if time)

I will be taking out two dollars from every singles participant. Five dollars will be going into the pot, the rest of the money is Bootle's. Think of it as the fee of using the house. Sorry if it's a bit much, but that is my price.

Doubles sign-ups start at 12:00

Singles sign-ups start whenever Doubles are done.

Low tiers IF there is enough time after singles.

You're welcome to come earlier, but try not to make it earlier than 10:00, I like sleeping.

Prizes:

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: Entry fee back AND a Bootle Handshake

I NEED PEOPLE TO BRING TVS AND CUBES PLEASE!

---------------CUBE/TV count-----------

TV count: 4

Me- 2
Darrell- 1
Thompson- 1

Let's get at least three more

Cube count: 4

Me- 1
Darrell -1
Thompson-1
Dread-1

I always sign Dread up for a Cube even though I haven't talked to him about it. We need three more.

---------------HOUSE RULES---------------------

I don't have that many rules at my house, but there are a few I'd like to mention:

1. Don't break anything

2. Don't wander around the house or go through the refrigerator.

3. Don't take off your shoes if your feet smell bad.

4. DO NOT piss on the toilet seat. I hope everyone has aim better than that.

5. Everyone MUST cuss loudly at least once, if you don't it'll offend me.

6. Everyone must greet my cat. Her name is Biggles.

7. If a player gets whooped badly, his/her opponent can declare corner time. Corner time is when another player stands in the corner and thinks about how they've gotten whooped. The amount of time varies depending on how bad it was. This can even be done in tourney matches.

8. If anyone gets hit by Ganon's Warlock Punch or U-tilt, you MUST leave the house for five seconds and question your skill.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to come, don't ask, just show up. You can cuss, yell, talk ****, I don't care. Just have fun and don't say anything stupid, that's Dread's job.

This is going to be on mega hit.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Hey Bootle a bit of advice: a $6 entry fee becomes a big pain in the *** as soon as people start handing you $20s and $10s. At the biweeklies we've been dropping it to $5 just to avoid the hassle. You may want to consider it too unless you have plenty of $1's.

edit: How far is Hayward from Sac? Hour, hour and a half? If I can't get to Modesto I'll try to make it to this.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
So does "MLG Rules" mean that there's no Smash at this tourney?

Har, kidding aside, does "MLG Rules" mean that sets are going to be 3 of 5? Neutral stage resets in addition to stage bans? Sets are continued to a best of 11 if two players meet a second time? A player can ask for a double blind in the middle of a set? Termina is a legal doubles stage (and MKII)? Rainbow Cruise is on random?

Because those things are all MLG Rules that weren't used at the NCB's despite the fact that they were supposed to be "MLG Rules." This is why we had the big rules revision. It's an unfortunate situation when in the middle of the set someone brings up the disparity between declared rules and how people have been playing in the tourney. Fisticuffs can potentially ensue.

I'd like to point out a rule that I think most people don't realize which IS part of MLG rules, and that is that stage bans take place AFTER you choose your characters for the first stage, not before. You don't have to make your ban until your opponent selects his character, and once you do, he can't switch to suit the bans. Additionally, you can't ban stages on random select.

I suggest you be more clear about what the rules are. Clear rulesets are on hit.

P.S. If I don't go to the tourney in Fresno then I'm probably coming to this, looking forward to play you guys.

Zoap

Smash Master
zoap cannot make it has a party cant play smash for yet another weekend srry matt

Conjure

Smash Cadet
Are we gonna have enough TVs? I'd bring mine but my little brothers an asshat about me taking stuff.

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
i am also concerned about the TV/cube supply. i do not have any TVs that transport well, nor do i have a cube (i play straight wii now) so im not going to be able to help out much. with this much interest, i can imagine this tourny sucking if we have fewer than 5 TVs >_<

quak

Smash Champion
i'll try to be there, and if i am, i'll bring a cube.

You allowing wave birds? If the turnout's not too heavy i'd prefer playing mine, but if not, no biggie.

Get a TV count/ cube count up, i could bring one, but it's tiny and could be a hassle.

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
Afro Justin should be there. Good stuff, Bootle; I'm glad to see that there's a tournament.

You'd better be there Zhu . . . We haven't played in a while. I need to scare you more with my Pika skills. =)

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha . . . That you are, Justin; that you are. We should play some time. As long as it isn't tournament, it's good. I need stupid Falco practice, and they don't get much stupider than yours. XD

Top Bottom