• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boost Grab Useful or Naw

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Won't be game breaking but could give that one pixel of range you needed, no harm in learning it anyways.

hiROI

Smash Lord
I think boost grabs can work with characters who have good horizontal aeriel movement. Like Ness and Wario who weave in and out when retreating their aerials.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I wouldn't dare to say naw but since our grabs aren't exactly safe they should be set up anyway.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Well if anything wouldn't mixing it up between boost grabbing and dash grabbing mess with anopponents spacing /timing randomly?

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Well if anything wouldn't mixing it up between boost grabbing and dash grabbing mess with anopponents spacing /timing randomly?
Well if he jumps, he jumps. same goes for rolling/spot dodging. Additional range doesn't help here.
I honestly never had the problem that my grabs don't go far enough.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
true I guess I'm just thinkING of those "oh she's grabbing me let's rollaway " scenarios xD.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Bro your telling me some of the random AF Stuff I think about is crazy but they sometimes work well aside from my terrible phrasing skills xD.

Top Bottom