• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boonfest Doubles Special! 8 team 2v2 tourney Friday, June 20 completed!

Boon :o

Smash Journeyman

A weekly tournament from the sucesses of Boonfests! 1-8. But, this one is a special to celebrate the end of the first Boonfest! season.
Please read all the rules and procedures. Don't be a nub and just sign-up without reading them -.-

NOTE: Don't sign up if you don't already have a partner for the team, I'm not matching up random people together to make teams.
Ornj and HOPS! are the winners!
BO X7 and 7FO played 5 very good matches vs them.
Dates:
All times are Eastern (-5 GMT) on Friday, June 20.
Check-in: 5:50PM-6:25PM
Start of Round 1: 6:30PM
Start of Round 2: 7:00PM
Start of Round 3: 7:30PM
Start of Round 4:
8:00PM (Finals)

Brawl Rules:

• 2v2
  • 3 Stock with 8min. time limit, Finals will be 3 Stock with 10 min. time limit
  • Team attack OFF (default setting is off, so don't worry)
  • Everything will be best of 3 games. In the finals, the person from the winner bracket only has to win 3 out of 5 times, the person from the loser bracket has to win 4 out of 5 times.
  • Stages: random from select stages (means that you pick the random button, after choosing the stages from additional rules) from:
    • Final Destination
    • Battlefield
    • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
    • Lylat Cruise
    • Smashville
    • Deflino Plaza
    • Castle Siege

• Characters: All, you may change characters between matches during the tournament.
  • No Items (no smashballs)
  • No specators, unless BOTH players allow it. No spectators in the Semi-Finals that is being recorded. No spectators in the Finals at all. <--kinda dumb rule for 2v2 but I'm too lazy to erase it.
  • Double Elimination
STAGE NOTES:
All other stages are banned and are to be turned off.
Random stage choice with the ability to exclude stages is in additional rules. You can unlock them by unlocking all stages, if you don't have this feature, just pick a stage. :p

SUB NOTE
-link of how to unlock each stage: http://www.gamewinners.com/Cheats/in...l:_Unlockables
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The prize for this tournament will be a custom signature (in this tourney for both players), by BO X7. Also, I will be recording all the matches my brother and I play, one of the semi-finals match
(I will flip a coin), if my brother or I are in the semi-finals I will record our own matches, plus the finals match and put them on my YouTube. Although I can't really record the semi-finals and finals match if I'm not in the finals, I don't want to erase the text. (http://www.youtube.com/user/BoonAlchemist).

I'm also hosting a special champion's tournament for all the winners of Boonfests! 1-8. If a winner wins two tournaments in a row, or more than two tournaments total (ex: winning Boonfest! 1 ,Boonfest! 2, and Boonfest! 4) I will take the winner of Boonfest! 9 and,
if necessary, the following ones. If a winner can't/doesn't want to participate in the tourney, I will follow the same rule (the sentence before this one). The date for this tournament is still to be scheduled. If you would like to input any of your ideas/concerns about the Champion's Boonfest! Tournament (any ideas on a better name for the tourney? lol xD), please do so via AIM.

Check-in Procedure:
Check-in will begin at 5:50 P.M. eastern and ends at 6:25 P.M. eastern. If a person doesn't check-in, their opponent will get a BYE and will be automatically adavanced, but hopefully that won't happen, so please try to check-in early, and don't be a last minuter :p.

Also, this may be common sense, but I had some people do it in my last tournament. Please have your wii turned on/set up before the round starts and have your opponent's FC registered on your wii since the brackets are always up
, so we won't have to wait 10 mins or more for you to have your match for that round.

When the Tournament Starts:
When the check-in starts, I will invite all the people checked-in into an AIM chat room, so have the latest version of AIM installed. In this chat room I will mainly announce when the rounds start and such. Also, brackets are updated in real-time (as soon as I get them), so just refresh the window to view the updated brackets. Please don't post you're score for a match in this chat room, do so in a personal IM to me.

To decide on who will be hosting the match, discuss it with your opponent (the first person listed) via a personal IM.

Each round will be 30 minutes long.

Dealing with Problems/ Misc. Rules:

If You Don't Check-in for a Boonfest! On Time/ Not Able to Make a Boonfest!:
If you don't check-in for the Boonfest! you are registered for on time, or not able to make the Boonfest!, you will not be eligiable for the next Boonfest!, although you may take part in the Boonfest! after that. Please inform me if you cannot make the Boonfest! you're in beforehand, for courtesy, even though I'm not going get a replacement.

Replacements:
No replacements are allowed at all.
They're hard to deal with, likely haven't read the rules for the tourney, and cause havic in the first round, which is already usually a mess. Also, allowing replacements causes extra "sign ups" for people who want to be a filler, which would be like asfknsagknaskf. Annoying, sorry.>.<.

Partner Doesn't Show Up?:
If your partner doesn't/can't show up, your team is disqualified from the tourney, so please pick a reliable partner :p

More Than One Person On the Same Wii?:
If you want to have more than one person play on the same Wii, such as yourself and a friend or brother, the max limit of total number of people that you can register is two. So, basically you can only just sign up yourself and one more person. This rule is if incase a person who has more than one person playing on the same wii has wi-fi problems, lag problems, or any other ones that allow them not able to do their match, they won't kill the whole tournament with byes.

LAG:

If there is lag, that is not freezing lag, between you and your opponent, I'm sorry to say, but just play through it. If there is uber freezing lag like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo1Ff4AYMAg, you can try up to two more matches, but if it doesn't work out, both players are disqualified.

Connection randomly lost?:
If you randomly somehow lose connection to your opponent during a match, have another match on the same stage and the players must use the same characters.

AIM Chatroom:
In the AIM chatroom I host during the tournament, please don't invite random/other people into the chatroom, I'll take care of who's in the chatroom.

Disrespect:
If you disrespect/harrass anyone, you're automatically banned from all Boonfests!. I'm not going to deal with people who start complaining their heads off, be a sore loser, or are just jerks.

Dispute On Who Won the Match:
Ok, people this tournament is mainly for fun, so please, be honest and have a good time xD.
Anyone who reports a false score will be disqualified and denied entry to the next Boonfest!.

Smashboards is All Slow/Down Again!:

This is the main reason of why I require everyone to have and be on
AIM during the tournament. All of the discussion going on will be over AIM, so don't worry.

My Wiimote Batteries Died!:

Ok, I barely know anyone who uses a Wiimote. But if you do, please make sure your batteries are charged. If your Wiimote somehow dies during your match, you have to finish the match; it's not my/your opponent's responsibility to deal with your dead Wiimote. lol :D

Winning Tournaments Too Much?:
Wierd rule. If you're so amazing that you win two Boonfests! in a row, you are unable to participate in the next Boonfest!, although you may take part in the Boonfest! after that. BUT!!! you are able to have a video recorded exhibition match (best of 5) between you and the winner of the Boonfest! that you were unable to be in right after the finals. xD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry that the rules sound really strict, but I just want the tournament to go smoothly, so just follow the rules and have fun during the tournament.

To sign up, please post in this
format:
SmashBoard's Name, (in game brawl name), FC,
AIM:
Parnter on same Wii?:

If your partner is on a different wii register his brawl name, fc, and aim along with yours, or just have him sign up and say he is a partner with you
if you don't have
AIM please download it at http://www.aim.com/index.adp.
If a person doesn't sign-up in the right format, I won't accept their sign-up because if they didn't post it in the right format, they probably haven't read the rules and procedures and on the day of the tournament they're going to ask dumb questions, be totally lost, and/or be a pest to me, usually.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me via
AIM.
My
AIM: ronisummasain
Yes, I accidentally misspelled "asian" in my name, so that
AIM is correct.

NOTE: Hmm. Here's just a little tip if you want to have a tad bit less lag on wifi. It's in this link: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=155378. Mainly the only thing I would prefer you to read about is DMZing your wii/the port stuff which is in the same section (step 2).

Format is: SmashBoard's Name, (in game brawl name), FC, AIM:
(partners on same wii are placed together for bracket reasons)
Contestants:
1. Boon Bros (Ron, Kirk) 4296-2669-9131 AIM: ronisummasain -same Wii.
2. BO X7 (BO X7) 4639-8760-6451 AIM: bo4kt / 7FO (7FO) 4596-9135-8324 AIM: frederickoaddamspaul@yahoo.com
Socandrewcer (DINO) 2578-2848-2921 AIM: socandrewcer / KGY (KGY) 4768-7162-1689 AIM: socandrewcer
4. Dark_Link12 (LinkM, LSis) 3866-7955-9053 AIM: pokemongirl414 -same Wii. -BYE
Ornj (Ornj / HOPS!) 0430-7954-2610 AIM:
itlnsqrl -same Wii.
6. V
eng (Veng) 0688-5027-3222 AIM: msandrsoxrule / Arkimbald (Ark) 1289-7887-9033 AIM: Arkimbald

7. Gat27 (GAT/STEVO) 0817-3553-3046 AIM: franciahuertas -same Wii.
Pwned-by-the-poob (POOB,MOPS) 5284-1077-6407 AIM: ShAnOmAc173 -same Wii.

Dates:

All times are Eastern (-5 GMT) on Friday, June 20.
Check-in: 5:50PM-6:25PM
Start of Round 1: 6:30PM
Start of Round 2: 7:00PM
Start of Round 3: 7:30PM
Start of Round 4:
8:00PM (Finals)

BRACKET
LINK:

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=272631&tclass=Boonfest%21%203

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Socandrewcer (DINO, KGY) 2578-2848-2921 AIM: socandrewcer -different wii
KGY 4768-7162-1689 same AIM

Smash Journeyman
Boon can you save me a spot? I need to ask my friend if he wants to. I'll let you know shortly.
Hmm.. I can't really give you a spot to hold, but just try to get to your friend before registration is filled, I don't know how fast it will fill up compared to regular Boonfests.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'll join, I'll post the info in a few minutes. My computer is uber slow right now.

Smash Journeyman
Actually I think we wil, I have no AIM.
Kk, I think it won't be that big of a problem, since you could just sign onto his acc and the both of you could talk from the same username, I think aim will let you do that, but if you want to, you can download aim. The link's where the sign up paragraph is.

Edit: if he doesn't let you sign on the same acc on aim, you'll have to download aim, or you can't check-in -_-
Double edit xD: you'll have to get your own aim account, he'll be using his on his own.

Dark_Link12

Smash Cadet
I'll join. I'm going to play with my sister so we are going to use my brawl name and the same FC.
I still haven't fixed the buddy chat (I've been trying) It's making me really mad :mad:

Dark_Link12, little sister (LinkM, LSis) Fc-To left Aim- pokemongirl414- same Wii

Smash Journeyman
I'll join. I'm going to play with my sister so we are going to use my brawl name and the same FC.
I still haven't fixed the buddy chat (I've been trying) It's making me really mad :mad:

Dark_Link12, little sister (LinkM, LSis) Fc-To left Aim- pokemongirl414- same Wii
Ah, the buddy chat won't be that much of a problem, I'll be trying out a Meebo chatroom and see how it holds up compared to a AIM chatroom, although I still have to invite people into the Meebo chatroom from aim

Smash Journeyman
Chaco when you have an aim account, post it on here or just IM me.
Only 3 more spots!

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, i'm not going to be needing one. I have a real tournament to go to, sorry but 'll enter the next Boonfest.

Smash Journeyman
Well, i'm not going to be needing one. I have a real tournament to go to, sorry but 'll enter the next Boonfest.
-.-...
Remember that you can't join the next Boonfest! if you still don't have an AIM acc though.

Add on: Plus, Sudsy will be not able to join the tournament, since I'm not going to match up random people with each other, sorry guys that I forgot to put that rule in before making this thread.

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
sign me up again lol unless im not allowed

Ornj
FC: 0430-7954-2610

Partner: HOPS!
FC: 7893-0924-2454

Chaco

Never Logs In
-.-...
Remember that you can't join the next Boonfest! if you still don't have an AIM acc though.

Add on: Plus, Sudsy will be not able to join the tournament, since I'm not going to match up random people with each other, sorry guys that I forgot to put that rule in before making this thread.
Well, I wasn't even going to be with him. I was going to be with Luso, but hey, he kinda put me on the spot. lulz I'll get AIM soon though.

Veng

Smash Ace
SmashBoard's Name, (in game brawl name), FC, AIM: Veng; Veng;0688-5027-3222; msandrsoxrule

Partner: Ultracheese; CHZ; 5112-3077-1475; he only has msn, but I can talk to him on msn while im talking to others on AIM so i think it should be fine.

Parnter on same Wii?: no
If your partner is on a different wii register his brawl name, fc, and aim along with yours, or just have him sign up and say he is a partner with you
if you don't have AIM please download it at http://www.aim.com/index.adp.
If a person doesn't sign-up in the right format, I won't accept their sign-up because if they didn't post it in the right format, they probably haven't read the rules and procedures and on the day of the tournament they're going to ask dumb questions, be totally lost, and/or be a pest to me, usually.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me via AIM.
My AIM: ronisummasain
Yes, I accidentally misspelled "asian" in my name, so that AIM is correct.

NOTE: Hmm. Here's just a little tip if you want to have a tad bit less lag on wifi. It's in this link: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=155378. Mainly the only thing I would prefer you to read about is DMZing your wii/the port stuff which is in the same section (step 2).: Um, i have a 20 MBPS connection 40k down 20k up and my partner has comcast so lag shouldnt be an issue..

Smash Journeyman
-__- registration filling up really slow.
But, there's only two more spots open! :D

Veng

Smash Ace
Oh great hey look at that. My parnter ditched and is taking a break from smash to find something "Productive"

If I find a partner by check in time can I still enter?

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
aight me and my partner are gunna me same wii, so same AIM etc

Smash Journeyman
Oh great hey look at that. My parnter ditched and is taking a break from smash to find something "Productive"

I'll let you still enter if you can get me the info of your partner before 5PM eastern.

Dark_Link12

Smash Cadet
srry but my partner ditched me too. she ran off last minute. but i bet i'll be busy too so don't try to find a replacement. sorry for the last minute drop out :(

UltraCheese

Smash Rookie

Argh, I told you I'd play in the tournament with you! I even asked you when it started multiple times today. Where'd you get an idea like that!?

Top Bottom