• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boomerang Shenanigans

Arglypuff

Smash Rookie
Hey, all! New here, old to Melee. As of late, I have begun main-ing Young Link. While I'm not by any means perfect, I feel that I have at the very least a sufficient grasp of Young Link. However, one particular facet of Young Link's arsenal remains elusive: his boomerang. I can snipe fairly accurately and consistently with the boomerang, but there is much about it I don't understand. Therefore, I ask if anyone has compiled frame data and/or other information, such as maximum distance away from YL the boomerang can get, and specifically how to guide its path after having been thrown. Thanks!

rhan

Smash Hero
The only way to "guide it's path" after it's been thrown away is to move your location. Where ever you shall move upon it's return is where it will follow you. But if you make a sudden change in direction right before you're suppose to catch it (Like if you're running away and you happen to jump double jump over the boomerang), it'll miss you and fly off into the distance. And then you'll have to wait about 5 - 8 seconds before you can use the boomerang again.

We don't have much frame data though... If someone would kindly put such a thing together for the Young Link boards that'll be greatly appreciated.

SSBM_Sora

The Yung God
Some times i hate it when i throw boomerang then bomb and follow with a Nair the boomerang interrupts my Nair T___T

Top Bottom