• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomb uses

Deception

Smash Ace
The bomb seems to be my least used move when playing Samus, but I've seen some cool uses for the bomb, such as edgeguarding or even a dair setup. Is the bomb usable in tournaments, though?

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Yeah, it's usable. You just have to know when to use it. A good way to practice is just to play some friendlies with a good buddy. Put yourself in their shoes and use a bomb when you think your foe would least like it. Learn how long it takes for the bomb's first hitbox to appear, how far the bomb falls before exploding, stuff like that. Overall, it'll help you improve. For now, it's usefulness entirely depends on the player.

AzSvFeZ

Smash Lord
I kinda just run over to the edge and drop one when my opponent gets knocked off, because then by the time they get back to the ledge the bomb drops and knocks them off, set up for a downspike.

edit: yay 1000th post

Echo_0

Smash Rookie
they are useful in many different situations, you can also use them when dropping down from the air to annoy your opponent(s)

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
I use Bombs for defensive game. Sometimes I'll lay a Bomb to bait my opponent to rush in for an attack -> DI backwards -> Dtilt. They should be right where you layed the bomb, and if you're lucky, you can hit the Dtilt AND Bomb at the same time for a little damage bonus.

I'll also use Bombs for aerial spacing. When I'm finished with an aerial attack, I'll lay a Bomb and move in the opposite direction, giving space and a bomb between you and your foe.

My favorite way to use Bombs is with combinations with my normally-used attacks. (Dtilt, Ftilt, whatever) They're like little damage boosters for my attacks.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I use the bombs to trick people into thinking: Oh! a bomb! better not advance..

Most people won't gamble when it comes to your bombs.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
I use the bombs to trick people into thinking: Oh! a bomb! better not advance..

Most people won't gamble when it comes to your bombs.

Opposite for me lol. I drop em in front. They always want to try and attack with the right timimg instead of waiting and end up letting u grab or attack them. In other words, use em as traps or barriers. Drop a bomb > move back > Stand there > Shoot/attack/keep standing (whatever u see fit). Seems simple but works really good when ur next to the edge, they always tryto hit u off and the bomb messes em up.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Opposite for me lol. I drop em in front. They always want to try and attack with the right timimg instead of waiting and end up letting u grab or attack them. In other words, use em as traps or barriers. Drop a bomb > move back > Stand there > Shoot/attack/keep standing (whatever u see fit). Seems simple but works really good when ur next to the edge, they always tryto hit u off and the bomb messes em up.
Seems handy... I'll keep it in mind when meeting offensive players =P

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's usable. You just have to know when to use it. Put yourself in their shoes and use a bomb when you think your foe would least like it. Learn how long it takes for the bomb's first hitbox to appear, how far the bomb falls before exploding, stuff like that.
After looking at it for a while... it really reminds me of Bomberman. Anyone ever played that game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaSmh58ysxM

In Bomberman, bombs explode in a set time. You can't just lay a bomb in front of someone and expect them to get blown by it. You need to set up traps and trick them into the explosion, and Brawl Samus seems to be very much the same way.

Technically, there IS a hint of Bomberman in Brawl. XD For those of us who have played Bomberman, it seems like our bomber-skills can come into play here.

Top Bottom