• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I like to think everyone reminisces on stuff at some points in their lives.
Clearly it can't have anything to do with Pokemon, can it? :dazwa:
I mean, that is one, but not the one I'm referring to. :p
If you're lucky it will merely be a joke. :p In all seriousness.....man, I am not looking forward to becoming that old...
You're years away from that, you've got time. :p
At that point in life, I'll be (presumably) settled down with life's most important things.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I mean, that is one, but not the one I'm referring to. :p
Oh.

...dang it lol

I'll skip guessing another time, what were you actually referring to? :p

You're years away from that, you've got time. :p
At that point in life, I'll be (presumably) settled down with life's most important things.
Very true, but I tend to feel old just thinking about that far into the future.

Thankfully, yeah, I actually don't have to worry into that far for a while.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I'll skip guessing another time, what were you actually referring to? :p
:applejack: Told ya. Not that long ago, only like 2 years. :p
Very true, but I tend to feel old just thinking about that far into the future.

Thankfully, yeah, I actually don't have to worry into that far for a while.
Way too soon to think about that. Just live life and stay away from tofu. :seuss:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Looking back, I think we're actually at 14 as of this post.

Glad to hear hat, haha.

When did it start/end?

I can't help but feel nostalgia for Gravity Falls myself, which was what I was referring to in my last post. The show only ended in February 2016, which again, wasn't even two years ago. I miss it quite a lot even with how satisfied I was with it's ending. I think it probably helps that I've been watching the show since I was 14.
It ran from 2009-10 in Japan, and 2010-11 in America if I recall correctly.

I've been thinking about re-watching my fav GF episodes. It is so much fun lol

nbm

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

:applejack: Told ya. Not that long ago, only like 2 years. :p
Figured as much haha.

Yeah, many of us here didn't get into it very long ago (a little over 3 years ago in my case) and the cartoon isn't all that old on it's own either, having started in 2009.

Way too soon to think about that. Just live life and stay away from tofu. :seuss:
I don't get that joke but I'm going to continue avoiding it as I have for many years. :p

It ran from 2009-10 in Japan, and 2010-11 in America if I recall correctly.

I've been thinking about re-watching my fav GF episodes. It is so much fun lol

nbm
Ah, so a tad older, but still not very old, really. I may watch it one day myself, there's not much anime that interests me, but that one is among a few exceptions. I also see that it didn't run for very long.

What are your favorite episodes of GF, again?

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Ah, so a tad older, but still not very old, really. I may watch it one day myself, there's not much anime that interests me, but that one is among a few exceptions. I also see that it didn't run for very long.

What are your favorite episodes of GF, again?
It's incredible. My favorite anime of all time, too. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood was ranked number 2 on the best anime list of all time on MAL for a long time...and it recently got buffed up to number 1 (tied with Your Name at 9.25/10). https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php It is TOTALLY worth it.

And my fav episodes of Gravity Falls are The Inconveniencing, Summerween, Sock Opera, Northwest Manor Mystery, A Tale of Two Stans, and Weirdmageddon part 3 probably.

nbm

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

..what is it with me getting stuff wrong today?

Ok good, cause I don't get it either. :p
Lol

It's incredible. My favorite anime of all time, too. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood was ranked number 2 on the best anime list of all time on MAL for a long time...and it recently got buffed up to number 1 (tied with Your Name at 9.25/10). https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php It is TOTALLY worth it.
Now that is impressive. Yeah, I think I'm definitely gonna check it out one day. Congrats on your favorite getting the number 1/highest spot, by the way!

And my fav episodes of Gravity Falls are The Inconveniencing, Summerween, Sock Opera, Northwest Manor Mystery, A Tale of Two Stans, and Weirdmageddon part 3 probably.

nbm
Nice ones! A lot of those are among my favorites as well. And I personally think that The Inconveniencing is where the show started to pick up (it already has a good start, it gets even better starting with that one, imo).

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I dunno :p
I don't even know why I thought it started in 2009. I guess I just got the date mixed up at some point.

At least you're not the only one lol people at Arby's forgot my brother's sandwich and thought that my mom said a number 7 when she said 17..
Fast Food places have gotten my orders wrong so many times it's not even funny.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I don't even know why I thought it started in 2009. I guess I just got the date mixed up at some point.
I'd imagine the show was in production during 2009 before it aired, so maybe this will give you a moral victory of some sort.
Fast Food places have gotten my orders wrong so many times it's not even funny.
Oooh, these sound like some really juicy stories. Everybody has had their order wrong at some point in their life and everybody has a different experience from one another.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
COUNTING DIES. MOD TYRANNY ARISE

KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms Thanks buddy haha. It was stuck at rank 2 for a long time behind one of the Gintama seasons and Your Name, but NO MORE! It gets the first place of all time it deserves! :bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee:
and my mom and you could relate. McDonald's gets her order wrong half the time it seems.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I'd imagine the show was in production during 2009 before it aired, so maybe this will give you a moral victory of some sort.
I guess it's something at least, lol

Oooh, these sound like some really juicy stories. Everybody has had their order wrong at some point in their life and everybody has a different experience from one another.
There's not many I got off the top of my head, but I'll say this: I admittedly don't like much of anything on my burgers, so every time I order one of those, we have to specify that it needs to be plain. Whatever the surely varying causes are, they've gotten that wrong so many times. Whether I order a burger or not, we tend to usually check our food before driving off nowadays, to make sure everything is correct. They've missed adding certain items plenty of times, too.

One good example would be from a day just last week when my family and I just finished shopping and we all wanted lunch. The person taking the orders kept getting items wrong, and misheard my stepdad several times, and it got to a point where they decided they'd be better off ordering inside the building. Apparently they even had some trouble in there, too. To be fair, there was a lunch rush going on at the time, but I don't think that alone excuses every mistake.

COUNTING DIES. MOD TYRANNY ARISE

KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms Thanks buddy haha. It was stuck at rank 2 for a long time behind one of the Gintama seasons and Your Name, but NO MORE! It gets the first place of all time it deserves! :bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee:
and my mom and you could relate. McDonald's gets her order wrong half the time it seems.
Pretty awesome, no?

In general or mainly at a certain location? Certain locations have better track records for me than others. That aside, yeah, I can more than understand such issues.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Pretty awesome, no?

In general or mainly at a certain location? Certain locations have better track records for me than others. That aside, yeah, I can more than understand such issues.
In general. Honestly, it happens to her at many restaurants, really. When it comes to food, she's always the unlucky one out of us 4.

nbm

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

So does anyone want some magenta instead of the normal blue? :p
I'd like some magenta. Does it come with fries? :p
There's not many I got off the top of my head, but I'll say this: I admittedly don't like much of anything on my burgers, so every time I order one of those, we have to specify that it needs to be plain. Whatever the surely varying causes are, they've gotten that wrong so many times. Whether I order a burger or not, we tend to usually check our food before driving off nowadays, to make sure everything is correct. They've missed adding certain items plenty of times, too.

One good example would be from a day just last week when my family and I just finished shopping and we all wanted lunch. The person taking the orders kept getting items wrong, and misheard my stepdad several times, and it got to a point where they decided they'd be better off ordering inside the building. Apparently they even had some trouble in there, too. To be fair, there was a lunch rush going on at the time, but I don't think that alone excuses every mistake.
I understand you on the burgers and I'm the same with that. Did they hear plain as in 'put a plane in'? :p

Yeesh, several times seems really bad. I'd be frustrated at that point.
I guess it's something at least, lol
Again, moral victory. :upsidedown:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

Ugh, all this food talk is making me hungry... My mom's making up tacos for dinner.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
11?

That reminds me; I think I can remember one time where my mom wanted to make sure that we'd get barbecue sauce with our food, so she specifically asked for a few packages of it.

They ended up giving us at least 15.

In general. Honestly, it happens to her at many restaurants, really. When it comes to food, she's always the unlucky one out of us 4.

nbm
Ah. And dang, talk about bad luck. At least it's usually possible to simply fix the order when it does turn out wrong. Still gets annoying and time-consuming, though.

I understand you on the burgers and I'm the same with that. Did they hear plain as in 'put a plane in'? :p

Yeesh, several times seems really bad. I'd be frustrated at that point.
Don't like much on burgers either?

And thankfully, no. :lol:

All of us were frustrated in that situation, for sure. We were much better off ordering inside even if it took a little more time.

Ugh, all this food talk is making me hungry... My mom's making up tacos for dinner.
I'm assuming you've probably had 'em by now. Were they good? :p

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

That reminds me; I think I can remember one time where my mom wanted to make sure that we'd get barbecue sauce with our food, so she specifically asked for a few packages of it.

They ended up giving us at least 15.
You asked for a few and yet you got at least 15 of them? A few = >15 apparently?
Don't like much on burgers either?
A plain ole' cheeseburger is all I ever need.
And thankfully, no. :lol:
Good. :p
All of us were frustrated in that situation, for sure. We were much better off ordering inside even if it took a little more time.
At least they could hear you clearly inside, cause yikes. I'm no stranger to people not hearing things even when made specifically clear what it is and that extends from beyond ordering food.

Top Bottom