• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
67 Bob-ombs.

Eh, if anything. I don't see them as monsters, more, rivals.
It's like with Smash games. We chat friendly and all online, but then start trash talking online.
It's just the competitive spirit.

But even on this thread we've been friendly. Remember the glasses kid and VVVVVV?
Heck, it's one of the reason I do the "gifts". Cause it brings something more than just a "Do'h we'll get you next time!".

Referring to relations with mods. I'm kinda like Wave in that way.
I do get along fine, I've even been able to hold my ground in debates as well.
But there are times were I feel I can be a bit irritating (especially in the off-topic and useless posts category. Not to mention Character Discussion. I have the worst luck when it comes to making threads there. My Mudkip thread has been the only one which hasn't been locked). Though, I'm planning on changing that.
ya rivals would be more specific,
we are put against each other, its only natural for us to get competitive

don't remember those two, I've only been coming around here since late January and beginning February, must of been before my time, though the mods have been quite friendly with us (well some of them) they are nice folks, just we are competing with them , I remember xiroey(I think?) came to end the bob-omb count saying my sig was great (the wolf link for the win), or that time just a few days ago where gatlin let us win because of cookies, they are nice folks, but we think too negatively of them because of us being on opposites sides
and I'll repeat myself once more, I like it how you do the gifts:p

I get around with them, the only one that I actually interacted with is fal, i'm just usually just there with the others
ya I know what ya mean mate, though trust me when I say you don't have the worst luck with threads, bidoof does, the guy made 68(I think?) total threads, only 7 remain open to this very day
and good luck with that mudkip thread

I think maybe that's the thing.
With people like Fal or Gatlin, we've known their existence as mods for a while. So it's normal to us.
But, with Frost, it's a little different. He knows us, because he has been here helping us.
Heck, I remember him being here. And I didn't really start coming till December of last year (The reason why my count is unusually high is cause I post a lot, that's another thing I'm trying to change as well.).
yeah that sounds right
and I've noticed the long post count, mines probably high because I got into too many debates and discussions, along with a lot of off topic stuff, when I first joined, kind of odd seeing how i'm a lurker by heart,
now I probably gain maybe if i'm lucky 20 posts a day, guess my lurking side finally took over
For the most part.
But if anything, maybe add Link2thelost. He's been coming recently.
I haven't seen LuigiFan though.
Last time I saw him, he was trying to debunk the Palutena leak (which even I said it was a lost cause, and mind you I've tried twice).
For mods, It's mostly Fal, Gatlin, and Frost. With the occasional Xiroey (haven't seen him much though), Aerodrome (who I still have to find out why he isn't a big fan of the "gifts"), and IsamR (who's appeared quite a bit lately).
ya I forgot about him, though I still have a hard time reading his posts
haven't seen luigifan since February when me and him (and another guy, forgot him too) took down the bob-omb train by ourselves along with slight assistance with metalbro, and I've seen it, you both failed, its been a lost cause since the second day it was revealed

those are the mods, but for some reason I think there was one more? maybe its just me
You know, back when I was modding (yes, modding. To this day I don't know why Capps made me one. I felt under-qualified.) the 3DSA thread (I left. ...It's a long story).
But while I was there, Capps told me the exact some thing.
It went something like "I would let you guys win."
But I've said this over there, and I'll say it here. Knowing Frosty, it's just too good not to.
ya I saw ya, even if I wasn't invited I still took a little watch over there and saw ya a mod, that was a while ago though,
I would like to hear the story why ya left if ya want to speak it mate, though if you don't want to that's find, don't need to share anything you don't want to
there's a difference of what I said and what he said, he'll be on your side, helping form a moderator position, me i'll just be the guy in the middle, helping nobody then my own, I wouldn't let ya win, I just wouldn't try to make ya lose, there's a difference mate, and yes it is too good not to, though sometimes you may need some self control, to know where you really place, though knowing the moderators, it probably means nothing to them and probably others too,
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
boy this was a long post
75 bob-ombs

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
90 might still exist.

ya rivals would be more specific,
we are put against each other, its only natural for us to get competitive
The funny thing is I'm not really that competitive.
Heck, you've seen it. I've had conversations with mods on this very thread.
One thing I've learned is to not take games seriously, helps you a ton in the end.

don't remember those two, I've only been coming around here since late January and beginning February, must of been before my time, though the mods have been quite friendly with us (well some of them) they are nice folks, just we are competing with them ,
Metalbro would know.
What happened was Gatlin (He seems to be appearing in a lot of my posts here. Weird.) posted a gif with some kid with sunglasses.
Naturally, me and my gifting ways, posted a song from the game VVVVVV ("Pushing Onwards" to be specific) and Metalbro brought up that the two ironically sync with each other.

So, me being weird I started asking if we could put this in video form.
You'd probably know, I asked you this very question.
Turns out, our answer was Gatlin himself.
I'd be more than happy to find the video, but for the life of me I can't.

I remember xiroey(I think?) came to end the bob-omb count saying my sig was great (the wolf link for the win), or that time just a few days ago where gatlin let us win because of cookies,
That was hysterical.
Wasn't it that he erased them on accident or something?
Edit: Never mind, though it's still hilarious.
BTW I found out that Aerodrome, Frost, and Fal like that post.
...They knew...

they are nice folks, but we think too negatively of them because of us being on opposites sides
and I'll repeat myself once more, I like it how you do the gifts:p
Like you've said, it's the competitive spirit.
Though, to this day I still have to ask Aerodrome why he isn't much of a fan (It's on my list of questions, right next to why Xiivi hates the "Let's Imagine" arcs from "Housepets!").
Could just be how he is though.

I get around with them, the only one that I actually interacted with is fal, i'm just usually just there with the others
That's pretty much me in a nutshell.
I'd say most tolerate my existence, but I might come across as annoying for some (one thing I've learned. If I get tagged or quoted by IsamR and especially N3ON, it's due to me screwing up somewhere.)

ya I know what ya mean mate, though trust me when I say you don't have the worst luck with threads, bidoof does, the guy made 68(I think?) total threads, only 7 remain open to this very day
To be fair.
A lot of mine are due to "heat of the moment" type problems, so many are locked for not really being that high in demand.
For characters.
I had one for Youngster Joey, turns out someone made that.
Had one for Hammer Bro (mostly cause I'm with the Super Smash Foes and wanted more ideas for a moveset), turns out Fal beat me to the punch.
And I barley missed the bullet with Mudkip. Though I might be the first guy to make a serious thread for it...

and good luck with that mudkip thread
Honestly, I've only been working on it recently (I made the thread about a month ago, it was dead for a long time).
And, it looked really mediocre looking back at it (format was a little messy. Lack of vital items (like a supporters folder) and wasn't as organized. Looked like it took 10 minutes (especially with the moveset). Not to mention my desperate attempts at keeping it alive).

It looks better than before, but I'm still trying to find ways on improving it.
Though, at least now I can say it's presentable.

yeah that sounds right
and I've noticed the long post count, mines probably high because I got into too many debates and discussions, along with a lot of off topic stuff, when I first joined, kind of odd seeing how i'm a lurker by heart,
now I probably gain maybe if i'm lucky 20 posts a day, guess my lurking side finally took over
I think that's the thing.
I post a ton, but I'm generally on social threads and is one to get in debates.
I've been trying to cut back though.

ya I forgot about him, though I still have a hard time reading his posts
Which ones?
The only ones I could think of are the posts on Forum Fight (admittedly, I felt the way he handled it was a little rash. The only reason I didn't is due to me being more of a event changer. I like adding in plot elements. But you see I suck at stories) and the Palutena posts.

Though I will say this, I had an idea a while back referring to reviving the Mod-Bombs thread a while back. Maybe to have a little "war" thing going on.
One problem I thought of though (among others) was if some of us would be too over-zealous with posting there.

And Luigifan came to mind.

haven't seen luigifan since February when me and him (and another guy, forgot him too) took down the bob-omb train by ourselves along with slight assistance with metalbro,
Kylexv I think.
I remember one point where he did like five sig changes in 10 minutes.
It was, strange, to say the least...

and I've seen it, you both failed, its been a lost cause since the second day it was revealed
Honestly, can't blame a man for trying.
But yeah, it was bad.
Ever heard of "Scott Pilgrim vs The World"?
Well, it was pretty much "MVG vs Smashboards".

There's a reason why I just make joke evidence whenever I see it pulled up.

those are the mods, but for some reason I think there was one more? maybe its just me
I can't think of one.
...Xiivi maybe?
If so, it's probably due to my constant ranting on "how I'll find him".

ya I saw ya, even if I wasn't invited I still took a little watch over there and saw ya a mod, that was a while ago though,
I would like to hear the story why ya left if ya want to speak it mate, though if you don't want to that's find, don't need to share anything you don't want to
there's a difference of what I said and what he said, he'll be on your side, helping form a moderator position, me i'll just be the guy in the middle, helping nobody then my own, I wouldn't let ya win,
It's fine. I might need to explain.
Referring to my mod position. I feel like I need to explain my reasons. To clear things up.
Like I've said, I felt under-qualified. Though I'll explain a little more.

The 3DSA was made around January. So, I had been on this site for under a month. Where others have been here for years.
And even then, I haven't gotten used to everything yet. I still haven't. And now you expect me to be a mod?
It was like giving a black belt immediately to a rookie. There's just that gut feeling you get that maybe you aren't the best for this.

I felt that some would've been better options. Heck, some of the members we're mods themselves (Venus and Ndayday to be specific).
I only know what mods do cause I've seen them around, why not have someone who's proven their worthiness?
I swear to this day, I only got promoted because I was active on it (but then again, so was Mimgrim).

Plus, there wasn't much traffic (heck, and ones who did post never got off-topic). It's not like other threads (like Super Smashboards I can kinda see) where moderation is really needed, one mod was fine.

Referring to quitting though, I felt I wasn't that needed anymore.
I did what I had to do. And I felt it was better with me gone.

Hopefully it gets better though. I felt there's some good stuff in there...

I just wouldn't try to make ya lose, there's a difference mate, and yes it is too good not to, though sometimes you may need some self control, to know where you really place, though knowing the moderators, it probably means nothing to them and probably others too,
Eh, I wouldn't say they'd go overboard.
If anything, it keeps you on your toes. It'd get boring not to have conflicts (at least, this thread would).

. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
boy this was a long post
And now I've made it even longer...

And it only took me over an hour to type all this.
Must be a new record...

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
98 just realized that Aerodrome, Fal, and Frosty like Gatlin's post a while back.
...They already knew...

But come on Frost! At least let us bet before you post!

Edit: Welp, he's gone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom