• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Nice stats! What do all the labels mean?
Information:
The labels used in the chart indicate what kind of edit each contestant receives on the show. The possible edits are as follows:

OTT- Stands for Over The Top. The edit in which a contestant gets a lot of air time showing one character trait they have. This contestant is normally a goof ball, a crazy person, or perhaps a fan favorite. They normally distract viewers from the winner due to their overly blatant and basic edit.

CP- Stands for Complex Personality. This is the edit a contestant gets when they give a lot of confessionals, show more than one personality trait on a normal basis, have a deep story arc, are normally strategic masterminds, etc. This edit is one of the two edits that hints at the winner.

UTR- Stands for Under The Radar. This contestant will barely show up in an episode and serves the purpose of furthering the character of the contestants around them. They very rarely win any season.

MOR- Stands for Middle of Road. This contestant has a balance between all three other major edits, or is simply the "only sane man/woman." This is the second edit that normally gives away the winner.

INV- Stands for Invisible. This contestant has zero confessionals, zero lines, or may not even appear on camera aside from a short few seconds. One INV edit episode could ruin their chances of winning from an editing standpoint.

Winning priority goes: CP/MOR >>>>>>>> OTT >> UTR >>> INV

The study of each contestant's edit is known as "editing logic" or simply "edgic." Superfans of Survivor use this formula in order to predict the possible winners of each season. You see, a certain edit given to a certain character can be a definite indicator of whether a contestant has a good chance of winning or not. CP edits have a good chance to win due to strong strategic mastery of the game, and MOR characters have a good chance due to normally superb strategic game. CP and MOR edits also normally have strong character arcs, which is something OTT, UTR, and definitely INV edits don't have. Out of the 30 Survivor winners, only 3 have had any edit other than CP or MOR: Vecepia from season 4 had UTR, and Fabio from 21 and Mike from 30 had OTT edits overall.

Each edit can also have a positive, mixed, negative, or neutral tone for each contestant. An example is Scot from the latest episode with the editing score of CPN. He had an overall edit of CP due to in-depth confessionals, and it was coupled with a negative tone due to him joining in Jason's bullying of the Brain tribe members.

At the bottom of the edgic chart, you can see how each contestant squares up concerning their likeliness to win from an editing standpoint. Right now, Aubry, Cydney, and Michele have the best chance of winning if we look at editing only (from a gameplay standpoint, Michele's got this).

You can also find the final, overall edit for each eliminated contestant off to the left. Example: Peter's CPN edit in his last two episodes were stronger and more noticable than any other edit he received in other episodes. Overall, Peter was CPN during his entire run of the show. This can be seen in that his name is highlighted in purple, and the CPN edgic color is purple.

Hope this helps! Here's the edgic chart again for reference:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I officially start my Spring Break today since I have no class on Fridays and I'm off work for their Spring Break (I work at a different campus than the one that I currently attend; long story).
I want to do nothing but relax today if I can, so I might be open for a couple rounds of Smash throughout the day if anyone is interested.
Offer still stands.

D

Deleted member

Well, how late are we talking?

I have a class at 4:00, PST.
I think at this point, we don't need to specify PST regards to each other.
We're in the same timezone. :p

Depends on when you're free.
I'm probably going to head out in a bit to get some fresh air and exercise, but that shouldn't be more than an hour at most.
I should be able to play then unless my mother has other plans in regards to how I'm going to spend that time....

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
I think at this point, we don't need to specify PST regards to each other.
We're in the same timezone. :p

Depends on when you're free.
I'm probably going to head out in a bit to get some fresh air and exercise, but that shouldn't be more than an hour at most.
I should be able to play then unless my mother has other plans in regards to how I'm going to spend that time....
I'l be free up to around 3:15, which is when I will be getting ready for class and heading out.

Top Bottom