• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
A10theHero A10theHero

So what do you think of the new patch? I'm curious concerning on how all the characters stack up at this present time, and their potential for the future. Who's the new best character? What does the top 15 look like now? How about the middle and lower tiers? Is Zelda still the worst?

I'm debating between ZSS and Rosalina being the best character now, personally.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
A10theHero A10theHero

So what do you think of the new patch? I'm curious concerning on how all the characters stack up at this present time, and their potential for the future. Who's the new best character? What does the top 15 look like now? How about the middle and lower tiers? Is Zelda still the worst?

I will post my thoughts shortly. I'm having lunch right now.

Some food for thought until then:
What if we made a tier list based on results only? http://smashboards.com/threads/4br-...ive-impressions.429826/page-213#post-21044672

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

I will post my thoughts shortly. I'm having lunch right now.

Some food for thought until then:
What if we made a tier list based on results only? http://smashboards.com/threads/4br-...ive-impressions.429826/page-213#post-21044672
Well, from the looks of it, Bayo's making bank! Although, I'm not sure if she's the best character. Her tournament results are great, that's for sure. However, I have more faith in ZSS and Rosa concerning their stats and match-ups.

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Alright, here we go.
A10theHero A10theHero

This patch changed quite a few things. The biggest, of course, was the Sheik nerfs. This benefit a lot of characters like Meta Knight and Greninja. The Sheik matchup held back the viability of a large portion of the cast. Now things have changed. Of course, I still think that Sheik is an amazing character--her neutral is still in a league of its own and she still has some kill setups even without the down throw 50/50. Needles were nerfed, but they are still great at camping and pressuring. It's just easier to close the gap, meaning they're not as free as before. And Bouncing Fish is still Bouncing Fish.

ZSS's insane reward was toned down a bit, but she did receive some compensation. It's not that great, but she still is pretty good. Like Sheik, she invalidated a lot of characters easily, especially heavies. The rest of the cast is still much better off.

Meta Knight's strings were nerfed quite a bit, so they are very hard to do. He can still kill at higher percents though. It's just much harder to die at like 20% now. Sheik was easily Meta Knight's worst matchup so he still benefit quite a bit from this patch.

Bayonetta is still really good after this patch. Her insane amount of reward is slightly lower than before, but it's still very high. Like, she doesn't have the best neutral and high startup on on her jab and such, but she needs very few conversions (sometimes only 1) to seal the stock. That is still there.

Cloud is weaker in doubles now, but in singles, he is still very strong. Limit Cross Slash is much better than Finishing Touch in 1v1, and it's essentially the same. He gets fewer limit charges thanks to the increase in charging time, but he can still easily pull through. Especially since people still don't really edgeguard Cloud (for understandable reasons), his one true weakness isn't exploited often enough. For that reason, he can easily still maintain a dominating presence.

Rosalina and Luma benefit from the Sheik and ZSS nerfs, but two characters that give her a hard time, Meta Knight and Cloud, benefit immensely from those too. Thus, she might still have trouble in the future.

Diddy Kong seems to be doing well too. The nerfs to Sheik and ZSS were great for him, and he still does decently against Cloud , Rosalina, and Meta Knight.

Corrin is pretty much in the same position. Some things don't work now but new useful things have been discovered. I think nair can combo into uair now at kill percents? Something like that now.

Mewtwo's buffs leave him poised to break into high tier. He just needs the results to back up this prediction.

Greninja might see more play now: He was buffed and his worst matchup (Sheik) was nerfed.

Charizard got really really good buffs but he will never escape bottom tier unless people actually play as him.

Samus's buffs signify that she's definitely gonna rise in the tier list. An optimistic prediction would be the bottom of mid tier.

Jigglypuff is probably the worst character in the game now. But Zelda is still pretty bad. A hoo-hah didn't fix her flaws. Same for Ganondorf though he got more out of his buffs than Zelda did.

Finally, RIP Peach's infinite.

Well, from the looks of it, Bayo's making bank! Although, I'm not sure if she's the best character. Her tournament results are great, that's for sure. However, I have more faith in ZSS and Rosa concerning their stats and match-ups.
Of course this is only two weeks' worth of results, so there's still a lot left to be seen. As for my Top 5, I'm not sure yet. There are a lot of good contenders still. I can't make judgments on Sheik yet since I want to wait and see how her players adapt to the nerfs. I feel a similar way for ZSS. Bayonetta is of course looking very strong (and salt-inducing, lol). Cloud is good too. So is Meta Knight, Diddy Kong, and Rosalina. If we go strictly off results, we can include Mario in that group too, lol.

Top Bottom