• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
65 bob-ombs

One has more base knockback and one has more knockback scaling

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

If you wanted to know, I always feel that I never practice enough to be better.

It gets really upsetting for me to keep losing all the time, and it makes me feel weak.

I'm really trying to improve, but I doubt myself all the time. When I face someone who far exceeds my skill level, I usually just wait around and try to find an opening to attack, never really playing aggressively as a result.

...What's worse is that I know there are people better than myself out there, and losing to anonymous people just gets me angrier and angrier, because they're just people I don't even know, unlike the users I meet on here.

I always think that I have a superiority complex, which is why I always get angry if I lose constantly, because sometimes I deem people I face as around my skill level or even worse, when in reality, they're actually very good.

I play Smash to have fun, but at the same time, I take Smash way too seriously and personally. I really want to improve my attitude and how I feel about this, but it's really hard due to my short-fused temper.

...Ok, you can return to whatever's going on here...

Luig

Confused

It gets really upsetting for me to keep losing all the time, and it makes me feel weak.

I'm really trying to improve, but I doubt myself all the time. When I face someone who far exceeds my skill level, I usually just wait around and try to find an opening to attack, never really playing aggressively as a result.

...What's worse is that I know there are people better than myself out there, and losing to anonymous people just gets me angrier and angrier, because they're just people I don't even know, unlike the users I meet on here.

I always think that I have a superiority complex, which is why I always get angry if I lose constantly, because sometimes I deem people I face as around my skill level or even worse, when in reality, they're actually very good.

I play Smash to have fun, but at the same time, I take Smash way too seriously and personally. I really want to improve my attitude and how I feel about this, but it's really hard due to my short-fused temper.

That's actually how I felt for a while. If you have right mindset, it helps.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
*goes to gpedit to turn the command prompt back on*
*deletes Flowey.ptsd*
*fixes as much of the file as he can*
*system restore*
*reboot*

HELLO!

I must have fixed it.
* Hee hee hee hee!

* Did you really think that would work?

For the first time in forever, SG has rebooted! :p
* Nope! Still me!

Had to reboot him again to get rid of the undertale trash.

*waits patiently for flame wars*
* If I were you, I'd destroy it all too!

So SG, do you wanna build a snowman? :p
* The idiot known as SG is GONE!

* His soul is mine now!

Luig

Confused
* Hee hee hee hee!

* Did you really think that would work?

* Nope! Still me!

* If I were you, I'd destroy it all too!

* The idiot known as SG is GONE!

* His soul is mine now!
*Throws computer out window, killing the os and sg (accidentally)
Man, I knew I should have gotten Linux....

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

The only problem I see is your mindset; you assume that losing is a bad thing. However, people tend to learn more by losing than winning.

Save replays, look where you messed up and IMPROVE!

This is how Smash (and pretty much everything else) works...

*Throws computer out window, killing the os and sg (accidentally)
Man, I knew I should have gotten Linux....
I see what you did there! :smirk:

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562

I am not sure about this but...

You are still learning the game. At this point the mindset you should have is to Play to learn instead of winning which will only mess up the way how you play. If you want to improve at any Smash in this early stage than focus on learning than winning. Learn the character that you play and lab them. There are a lot of ways to improve in Smash 4. One of them is too ether study your matches via replays or ask for feedback. Playing in Anther's Ladder or the NNID/FC thread is the best way for this, one of the most important things about Smash is reacting to situations and how you are going to deal with what is happen and deal with your opponent.

As for motivation... you have to be determined and I REALLY MEAN determined to improve. Never doubt yourself or you will not play your best, if you need to stay calm then try listening to some music. I sometimes like to listen to my playlist whenever i am playing. You know you can do it and i am sure you will be able to improve once you can figure out how you can improve and what you can do.

Play your very best and analyse what is happening when you are playing in a match. :)

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero

Oh, I didn't realize it had to do with our matches. :(
You need to keep in mind that your player skill at Smash doesn't reflect on you as a person. At the end of the day, it's just a game, so try not to take anything personally.
As for improving at Smash, it's okay to lose. That's a part of the process of getting better. When it happens, just try and figure out what went wrong and then try and rectify that. When someone just beat you, take a deep breath. Calm down and think for a minute or two about what happened. Forgive yourself for your mistakes and vow to try harder. Then get back into the fray. Also save your replays to study and take notes on later.
Also while playing a match, try to smile and enjoy whatever happens. Remember when you were Bayonetta and I was Cloud and you kept knocking me into the air without letting me touch the ground? That was hilarious! So was our match when I was Kirby and you were Cloud and then you did Finishing Touch and I used an Up Smash. That interaction was pretty fun too. Regardless of who wins or who loses, there's a lot to enjoy! :)
I do want to say though that playing aggressively all the time is not a good idea. There's a lot going on off-screen during a match. You have to watch your opponent's habits in addition to your own. When you get the reads, that's when you go ham on them. Charging at them at every given moment can be unsafe and put yourself in a vulnerable position.
Hope this helps! :) And do note that you are a pretty good player already. Everyone can improve, but losing doesn't mean you're terrible at this game.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
*muffles him*

Uthrow if they di, dthrow if they don't.
Or with Rage Dthrow :p

I do have a similar thing but with computers and with Pokemon I rage because of the amount of luck that's required but that's normal (with friends or those I know it's ignored).. With Smash I direct my focus on getting better instead of getting mad.. my advice would to do the same. Imo there's nothing better than seeing your opponent who has given you trouble than being defeated by your best character :smirk:

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

To be honest, this is how I am with many video games as well, especially online ones...... Smash, TF2, etc....it was way worse with me during Brawl's time of online availability, though.

I play games like that for fun as well, yet at the same time I take my matches rather seriously and at times personally, and I will admit that I've "raged" very badly many times......probably way too times many for my own good.

Losing a lot is never fun, but don't let that make you feel weak or discourage you. Keep playing, every match you play will provide a learning experience, including ones where your opponents have the advantage over you. And remember, everyone gets off-days, doesn't mean you're suddenly a bad player or that you haven't improved your skill level.

And I really don't want to jump to a conclusion right here or offend you or anything, so if I can confirm, you really seem to dislike the fact that you can get so angry over this game leading you to take things personally,. It can happen, you feel anger and start taking it all personally, yet you really, really don't want to......am I correct? Is this your situation?

Whatever the case, remember that getting frustrated in gaming isn't bad by any means, if anything, I would like to say it's is a perfectly natural thing, emotions are one of the many things that make us human, and anger is far from out of place when you're having a hard time accomplishing something, and that includes video games. But there are limits where it gets unhealthy.

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
The only problem I see is your mindset; you assume that losing is a bad thing. However, people tend to learn more by losing than winning.

Save replays, look where you messed up and IMPROVE!

This is how Smash (and pretty much everything else) works...
I am not sure about this but...

You are still learning the game. At this point the mindset you should have is to Play to learn instead of winning which will only mess up the way how you play. If you want to improve at any Smash in this early stage than focus on learning than winning. Learn the character that you play and lab them. There are a lot of ways to improve in Smash 4. One of them is too ether study your matches via replays or ask for feedback. Playing in Anther's Ladder or the NNID/FC thread is the best way for this, one of the most important things about Smash is reacting to situations and how you are going to deal with what is happen and deal with your opponent.

As for motivation... you have to be determined and I REALLY MEAN determined to improve. Never doubt yourself or you will not play your best, if you need to stay calm then try listening to some music. I sometimes like to listen to my playlist whenever i am playing. You know you can do it and i am sure you will be able to improve once you can figure out how you can improve and what you can do.

Play your very best and analyse what is happening when you are playing in a match. :)
Oh, I didn't realize it had to do with our matches. :(
You need to keep in mind that your player skill at Smash doesn't reflect on you as a person. At the end of the day, it's just a game, so try not to take anything personally.
As for improving at Smash, it's okay to lose. That's a part of the process of getting better. When it happens, just try and figure out what went wrong and then try and rectify that. When someone just beat you, take a deep breath. Calm down and think for a minute or two about what happened. Forgive yourself for your mistakes and vow to try harder. Then get back into the fray. Also save your replays to study and take notes on later.
Also while playing a match, try to smile and enjoy whatever happens. Remember when you were Bayonetta and I was Cloud and you kept knocking me into the air without letting me touch the ground? That was hilarious! So was our match when I was Kirby and you were Cloud and then you did Finishing Touch and I used an Up Smash. That interaction was pretty fun too. Regardless of who wins or who loses, there's a lot to enjoy! :)
I do want to say though that playing aggressively all the time is not a good idea. There's a lot going on off-screen during a match. You have to watch your opponent's habits in addition to your own. When you get the reads, that's when you go ham on them. Charging at them at every given moment can be unsafe and put yourself in a vulnerable position.
Hope this helps! :) And do note that you are a pretty good player already. Everyone can improve, but losing doesn't mean you're terrible at this game.
I do have a similar thing but with computers.. Though with Pokemon I do rage because of the amount of luck that's required but that's normal (with friends or those I know it's ignored).. With Smash I direct my focus on getting better instead of getting mad.. my advice would to do the same. Imo there's nothing better than seeing your opponent who has given you trouble than being defeated by your best character :smirk:
To be honest, this is how I am with many video games as well, especially online ones...... Smash, TF2, etc....it was way worse with me during Brawl's time of online availability, though.

I play games like that for fun as well, yet at the same time I take my matches rather seriously and at times personally, and I will admit that I've "raged" very badly many times......probably way too times many for my own good.

Losing a lot is never fun, but don't let that make you feel weak or discourage you. Keep playing, every match you play will provide a learning experience, including ones where your opponents have the advantage over you. And remember, everyone gets off-days, doesn't mean you're suddenly a bad player or that you haven't improved your skill level.

And I really don't want to jump to a conclusion right here or offend you or anything, so if I can confirm, you really seem to dislike the fact that you can get so angry over this game leading you to take things personally,. It can happen, you feel anger and start taking it all personally, yet you really, really don't want to......am I correct? Is this your situation?

Whatever the case, remember that getting frustrated in gaming isn't bad by any means, if anything, I would like to say it's is a perfectly natural thing, emotions are one of the many things that make us human, and anger is far from out of place when you're having a hard time accomplishing something, and that includes video games. But there are limits where it gets unhealthy.
*breathes slowly as tears begin to well up for whatever reason*

...Ok... I will try and do whatever it takes to improve... ...Thanks for the advice...

And A10theHero A10theHero , I did had fun during our matches, and I had nothing against you at all...

KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms , your assumptions are correct. My Wii U is downstairs, and my parents are down there with me whenever I play. Every day I'm on, they tell me to calm down and get off if I get mad, but... I just never listen...

...Ok, wow, I'm starting to well up right now... I'm sorry, I get really emotional sometimes...

Luig

Confused

Don't focus on what you did wrong: focus on what you did right. don't dwell on losses, but learn from them. All in all, it's just a game to have fun and improve. You can do it. :)

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero

...Ok... I will try and do whatever it takes to improve... ...Thanks for the advice...

And A10theHero A10theHero , I did had fun during our matches, and I had nothing against you at all...

KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms , your assumptions are correct. My Wii U is downstairs, and my parents are down there with me whenever I play. Every day I'm on, they tell me to calm down and get off if I get mad, but... I just never listen...

...Ok, wow, I'm starting to well up right now... I'm sorry, I get really emotional sometimes...
It's alright, man. Don't be sorry for being human. :)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Damn it! I'm allergic to feels...

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

You have no idea how much I'm reminded of how I've been with gaming for a very long time, especially online gaming.

I still get a little more frustrated in gaming than I should at times, but my temper used to be much, much worse.....I would tell myself things to try and ensure myself that everyone else was at fault for doing something cheap or "wrong" while I was doing nothing wrong. Often I would also get angry just because I was at a disadvantage for several matches. Right now, I'm hardly even going into detail on this....

In my experience, one of the best things you can do is to remind yourself constantly that raging and taking things personally won't solve anything, it's unhealthy. Remind yourself of this every time it happens, then take a break for a bit to calm down, and think about everything for a while. Stay aware of the situation so that the next time it happens, you'll be ready to stop and clam down. Gradually, it may also very well help improve your attitude towards other players and to accept loss. This is what I've done to control my temper and improve my attitude....that being said, keep in mind that it's not wrong to get a little frustrated every now and then.

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
You have no idea how much I'm reminded of how I've been with gaming for a very long time, especially online gaming.

I still get a little more frustrated in gaming than I should at times, but my temper used to be much, much worse.....I would tell myself things to try and ensure myself that everyone else was at fault for doing something cheap or "wrong" while I was doing nothing wrong. Often I would also get angry just because I was at a disadvantage for several matches. Right now, I'm hardly even going into detail on this....

In my experience, one of the best things you can do is to remind yourself constantly that raging and taking things personally won't solve anything, it's unhealthy. Remind yourself of this every time it happens, then take a break for a bit to calm down, and think about everything for a while. Stay aware of the situation so that the next time it happens, you'll be ready to stop and clam down. Gradually, it may also very well help improve your attitude towards other players and to accept loss. This is what I've done to control my temper and improve my attitude....that being said, keep in mind that it's not wrong to get a little frustrated every now and then.
Ok... I'll try to keep that in mind when I do play... Thanks...

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I'm a bit short tempered but I can control it well.. but I did get mad easily when I was younger with family and 2 other people even as far as making a scene at a burger King for a petty reason and damaging a wall that eventually became a hole in my room and it's still there :lol: I'm much more relaxed now but I still get mad and throw the lemons back :p

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If anyone wants to play with someone, I've set up a room!

Otherwise, I'll just enjoy the tranquility of doing 0-to-deaths to a Sandbag :lol:

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Gaming has frustrated me when it gets super difficult throughout my life.

As much as I love gaming and how big of a part it is in my life, I'm very far from immune to raging. I've improved a lot in my more recent years, though.

Speaking of battle, is the Phantom King available for a beatdown?
The living room (where my Wii U is) is kinda occupied by other family members right now, and I can't play out there. :ohwell:

I am ready to play against you (and after we battle with you as my first with friends opponent, I'll be willing to play with anyone else here as well .:p) but today isn't a good day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom