• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Are you going to ask for that thread to be locked or just edit it into something else?
I'm gonna start anew. And hopefully try to make something a bit more like the stuff in this thread.
The problem the Forum Fight 3 thread had was that everyone tried to patch together a story without knowing what the other mind wanted. Which ended up with one guy saying something and then the other either disregarding it or ignoring it completely. It became somewhat of a mess and everyone moved back here.

Hopefully what I plan to do is something simply a bit more casual. If anyone wants to bring the original back that's fine by me.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I'm gonna start anew. And hopefully try to make something a bit more like the stuff in this thread.
The problem the Forum Fight 3 thread had was that everyone tried to patch together a story without knowing what the other mind wanted. Which ended up with one guy saying something and then the other either disregarding it or ignoring it completely. It became somewhat of a mess and everyone moved back here.

Hopefully what I plan to do is something simply a bit more casual. If anyone wants to bring the original back that's fine by me.
Sounds like a good plan to me.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero

You could always...you know...post it in the RP group too...

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I literally have no idea what you guys are talking about but I'm still counting...AND GETTING :4greninja::4sonic::4greninja::4sonic::4greninja::4sonic::4greninja::4sonic::4greninja:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I find it better to keep it a group, because then, more people can supervise everything because group moderators.

Sure, but then how can people find it?
And plus it's mostly a handful of people here that RP anyway, and plus people might join in. I just feel it'd be better with open doors than closing them.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Let me guess, because they have Malon.
That's a factor, but it's mostly because of all the **** Link goes through in both games.

Losing his parents at a young age because of a civil war? Check!
Losing seven years of his life so his body could be ready to save Hyrule? Check!
Everything Ganon did to Hyrule is Link's fault? Check!
Thinking that he's the same species than the ones who raised him only to discover the truth at near adult age? Check!
Every single woman he meets has a crush on him? Check!
All the efforts he made are basically useless since he'll be sent back in time to prevent everything anyway? Check!

There's a lot of stuff happening in that game...

As for Majora's Mask, I don't think I need to explain...

Basically, that Link went through a lot of stuff, but still kept on and moved forward, saving two worlds before even becoming a teenager! That's one heck of a resume!

EDIT: Also, Majora's Mask doesn't have Malon. Sure, Cremia and Romani are basically her Terminian counterparts, but neither are Malon...

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That's a factor, but it's mostly because of all the **** Link goes through.

Losing his parents at a young age because of a civil war? Check!
Losing seven years of his life so his body could be ready to save Hyrule? Check!
Everything Ganon did to Hyrule is Link's fault? Check!
Thinking that he's the same species that the ones who raised him only to discover the truth at near adult age? Check!
Every single woman he meets has a crush on him? Check!
All the efforts he made are basically useless since he'll be sent back in time to prevent everything anyway? Check!

There's a lot of stuff happening in that game...

As for Majora's Mask, I don't think I need to explain...

That Link went through a lot...

Basically, that Link went through a lot of stuff, but still kept on and moved forward, saving two worlds before even becoming a teenager! That's one heck of a resume!

...Wait I'm confused.
So the games are better because they're edgy? But, edgy isn't exactly quality. Most don't call Mother a great franchise because it's dark and brooding after all.

Last edited:

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206

An easy solution is to have one or two people drive the main story.
The other participants can affect minor or side events, but the leader(s) progress the main plot

:006:~ Same thing happened after Frostwraith left. Leader left, everything fell apart.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I like that kind of stuff :lol:

And I like Tingle, but not everyone agrees with me.
A character isn't defined just by their weaknesses, nor how much crap they go though.
For example, I don't find Batman to be a badass because his parents died (or hell most of the crap he goes through), I find him a badass because he's a badass.

An easy solution is to have one or two people drive the main story.
The other participants can affect minor or side events, but the leader(s) progress the main plot

:006:~ Same thing happened after Frostwraith left. Leader left, everything fell apart.
See, but that's the thing. There were two people driving the story, as in, there were only two. And said two often wrestled over what the plot was (namely, me and Uni). Was it about a man going insane? Was it about aliens fighting us? Or was it about prejudice? Who was the good guy, and who was the bad guy?

Hell, after a while even I got bored from us going nowhere, as it was mostly brooding and navel gazing. And it just became a muddled mess that ended being something that didn't feel like this thread. Granted, I'm at fault for this since I was the "ringleader" who was writing on the edge of my seat, but it did become clear after a while that it was hopeless. It just didn't feel like this thread.

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

It's not fair. I still have to go to college until this Thursday... Bleck.

Happy Glenn's alive... But will Alexandria fall?

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
And I like Tingle, but not everyone agrees with me.
A character isn't defined just by their weaknesses, nor how much crap they go though.
For example, I don't find Batman to be a badass because his parents died (or hell most of the crap he goes through), I find him a badass because he's a badass.

See, but that's the thing. There were two people driving the story, as in, there were only two. And said two often wrestled over what the plot was (namely, me and Uni). Was it about a man going insane? Was it about aliens fighting us? Or was it about prejudice? Who was the good guy, and who was the bad guy?

Hell, after a while even I got bored from us going nowhere, as it was mostly brooding and navel gazing. And it just became a muddled mess that ended being something that didn't feel like this thread. Granted, I'm at fault for this since I was the "ringleader" who was writing on the edge of my seat, but it did become clear after a while that it was hopeless. It just didn't feel like this thread.

Oh well there's your problem :tired:

:006:~Forum fight and this thread are totally different.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh well there's your problem :tired:

:006:~Forum fight and this thread are totally different.
And that right there is why I plan on doing something different. At least so we can move the RPs to somewhere else rather than clog up discussion here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom