• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Luig

Confused
Just started watching the new episode, and if it's snowing, where do they live? Freaking Alaska? The tundra? Canadia?

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
29 internal conflicts
but it's still a game of perspective.. if it was the opposite case of what is deemed to be "normal" it could have been weird instead.. the majority of the world is driven by perspective. How things appear to one could easily be different to another. There are too many perspectives for one to be truly accurate so the majority gets the say but wether it's right or wrong is debatable in every sense of the term

If we're gonna speak about these disorders scientifically, then no, it's not influenced by perspective. Because their brains are wired differently, these people are objectively worse off in certain ways. Their functioning is impaired or lower than normal. In this case, "normal" can be accurately defined as the average output of a structure for a human being (such values are quantifiable through experimentation). In a strictly scientific sense, perspective does not apply. Now, if we talk about society as whole, then yes, perceptions are heavily biased. That's why people with such disorders are often bullied and looked down upon. People with mental illnesses used to be jailed with actual criminals in the past. There are some obvious problems in that perspective. But if we're going to talk about empirical science, then the concepts of ethics and society do not apply.

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
The story about whatever that holiday is in mlp reminded me of something a friend told me..
"Hannakauh (however you spell it) is basically Christmas, but religious"
lol

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I really enjoyed the new episode, might I add.

Nice to see another holiday-themed one, even if it's not at the right time of the year for it lol

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
KoP speaks the truth
The story about whatever that holiday is in mlp reminded me of something a friend told me..
"Hannakauh (however you spell it) is basically Christmas, but religious"
lol
Uhh, that comparison ignores a lot of the depth behind Hanukkah and fails to acknowledge the differences between those two religions. That's not okay.
Also, Christmas was "religious" once too. It was a pagan holiday that was later incorporated into the Bible as Christmas and the birthday of Jesus. And then two things happened: capitalism transformed the holidays into $$$-time while moral people secularized it while still advocating for good holiday spirit.

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
KoP speaks the truth

Uhh, that comparison ignores a lot of the depth behind Hanukkah and fails to acknowledge the differences between those two religions. That's not okay.
Also, Christmas was "religious" once too. It was a pagan holiday that was later incorporated into the Bible as Christmas and the birthday of Jesus. And then two things happened: capitalism transformed the holidays into $$$-time while moral people secularized it while still advocating for good holiday spirit.
I get the different religion part, but she was referring to that exact capitalism driven christmas we know today. Kinda sad.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
41 I think I'm going to go to bed..
KoP speaks the truth

It still is.. and iirc the date is incorrect for Jesus' birthday..

if people see a marketing opportunity they are going to go nuts just to sell their product and to Make a few bucks..

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I get the different religion part, but she was referring to that exact capitalism driven christmas we know today. Kinda sad.
It depends on how you look at it. If Christmas stayed as it was, we'd have a religious holiday that was exclusively celebrated by a majority group that forced minority groups to have school off for something they couldn't even partake in--it'd be even more unfair than it already is. We wouldn't have good without bad and here's what we have now: A secular holiday that advocates for celebration of togetherness. Sure it's been monetized, but for many people, it has that aforementioned positive purpose. Yes, many people still care about the money, while others still care about Jesus, but now a lot of people can just celebrate being with their family and friends.

It still is.. and iirc the date is incorrect for Jesus' birthday..
It was actually June 17

if people see a marketing opportunity they are going to go nuts just to sell their product and to Make a few bucks..
True dat, homie :grin:

Jesus was born in the spring....
Are you talking about Easter? Cuz wasn't that his "resurrection" or something?

Last edited:

Luig

Confused

It depends on how you look at it. If Christmas stayed as it was, we'd have a religious holiday that was exclusively celebrated by a majority group that forced minority groups to have school off for something they couldn't even partake in--it'd be even more unfair than it already is. We wouldn't have good without bad and here's what we have now: A secular holiday that advocates for celebration of togetherness. Sure it's been monetized, but for many people, it has that aforementioned positive purpose.

It was actually June 17

True dat, homie :grin:

Are you talking about Easter? Cuz wasn't that his "resurrection" or something?
June 17?
I was a bit off. I knew it was either late spring or early summer tho

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I celebrate Christmas for both Jesus and family purposes.

I may not have practiced or learned a very particular religion growing up, but I do believe in Jesus, as well as God.

All this said, I'm heading to bed as well. Good night, all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom