• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Nope.. the whole Spyro being "replaced" by it kinda put me off.. I'd very much prefer then to bring back the old good games..
So you admit to knowing very little about the series. :p
It wasn't really "replacing" Spyro games since he had nothing else to do. The Legend of Spyro series had already concluded so there was nothing left for him to do. If it weren't for Skylanders, he'd be with Crash gathering dust with promises of "future plans".

204 also stopped because the Spyro games started getting worse at enter the Dragonfly..
Maybe in the classic series. But not in the two reboots.

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Skylanders has many game elements that were present in the original Spyro series. For example, collecting different kinds of items (ie Dragon Eggs, Fairies, and Dragonflies in the classic series) is still present today (ie. Scrolls, Treasure Chests, Winged Sapphires, Legendary Treasures, and Hats). There are still some notable changes in it obviously such as you not having to play as Spyro, but in this specific case, that was already a trend happening in the Spyro series. In many classic Spyro games, there were minigames that you had to play as Sparx. Then came A Hero's Tail where you had several different characters to use in minigames and such to progress the story. Then in the Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon, Cynder became a playable character alongside Spyro. The next step almost seems like a natural progression of the series: Skylanders gives you the choice of choosing your hero.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

So you admit to knowing very little about the series. :p
It wasn't really "replacing" Spyro games since he had nothing else to do. The Legend of Spyro series had already concluded so there was nothing left for him to do. If it weren't for Skylanders, he'd be with Crash gathering dust with promises of "future plans".

Maybe in the classic series. But not in the two reboots.
I never had any interest after Enter the Dragonfly on the GameCube.. I wouldn't mind some remakes of the classic Spyro games tbh. It would be easier than playing them on the PS2..

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I never had any interest after Enter the Dragonfly on the GameCube.. I wouldn't mind some remakes of the classic Spyro games tbh. It would be easier than playing them on the PS2..
Remakes has never been a thing in the Spyro series. Why would they start now? :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom