• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

My best ponies haven't changed since catching up and Twilight took 1st.

What franchises, might I ask?
Spyro and Crash Bandicoot. I was thinking of grabbing the PS1 trilogy for one of these franchises, but then I realized that it would burn a massive hole through my wallet so I thought maybe play one of the games released after the PS1 era (because I work in really odd ways :p). This would narrow it down to Enter the Dragonfly (which one of my cousins owns), A Hero's Tail, Wrath of Cortex (which said cousin used to own), and Twinsanity. I know there's more than that, but those are what I have my sights on.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Spyro and Crash Bandicoot. I was thinking of grabbing the PS1 trilogy for one of these franchises, but then I realized that it would burn a massive hole through my wallet so I thought maybe play one of the games released after the PS1 era (because I work in really odd ways :p). This would narrow it down to Enter the Dragonfly (which one of my cousins owns), A Hero's Tail, Wrath of Cortex (which said cousin used to own), and Twinsanity. I know there's more than that, but those are what I have my sights on.

The older games are still better though

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Ah. I've played very few games from those two series, but I've learned about the older games. I think you'll enjoy them.

Most of the games I've played from both franchises are reboot ones. I haven't played any of the original Spyro or Crash series games....

I'm confused now. Am I still a ghost? :urg:
Nope!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh, to be honest I've been moving away from TV for a long time now. It just hasn't interested me as much as it used to.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
The older games are still better though
I'm aware, it still wouldn't hurt to try the ones after the older ones though :p
I'll try to get my hands on the original trilogies at some point.

Ah. I've played very few games from those two series, but I've learned about the older games. I think you'll enjoy them.

Most of the games I've played from both franchises are reboot ones. I haven't played any of the original Spyro or Crash series games....

Nope!
I've been curious about the older games since like last year. I'd probably enjoy them considering I like platformers 2D and 3D (when they're done right and when they don't have tons of issues up the wazoo).

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

It's a spin off of a Spyro spin off. It technically is, just in the loosest terms possible. :p
"loose" is probably too generous imo the only reason that you can consider it a "spin off" is Because it has Spyro in the game. But his role is so small that I can't count it..

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I'm aware, it still wouldn't hurt to try the ones after the older ones though :p
I'll try to get my hands on the original trilogies at some point.

I've been curious about the older games since like last year. I'd probably enjoy them considering I like platformers 2D and 3D (when they're done right and when they don't have tons of issues up the wazoo).

Though I can't say that the old Spyro games have aged well, they definitely have a lot of historical value, so I do recommend playing them.
And if you get a chance I also recommend the Legend of Spyro series.
As for Skylanders, only play if you're interested in a Spyro game with the choice of additional characters and paying a lot of money.

"loose" is probably too generous imo the only reason that you can consider it a "spin off" is Because it has Spyro in the game. But his role is so small that I can't count it..
Have you played Skylanders?

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Though I can't say that the old Spyro games have aged well, they definitely have a lot of historical value, so I do recommend playing them.
And if you get a chance I also recommend the Legend of Spyro series.
As for Skylanders, only play if you're interested in a Spyro game with the choice of additional characters and paying a lot of money.
I actually remember playing one of the Legend of Spyro games a long time ago. I don't have it anymore as it was a rental and I don't even remember which game in the series it was.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Nope.. the whole Spyro being "replaced" by it kinda put me off.. I'd very much prefer then to bring back the old good games..

Top Bottom