• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Midna is Love, Midna is Life

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

She definitely had the strongest story and character development of them all, there's no arguing that.

All the Zelda sidekicks are unique in their own ways, but unlike a lot of them, Midna had a big story of her own, and much more personality to her than most other sidekicks.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
True. Tatl is the only one that can come close for me ( though they have similar personalities, interestingly. )

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Midna changes a lot more considerably through the course of the game though, at least in my opinion.

Tatl is really up there for me as well, along with the King of Red Lions (if you can consider him a sidekick, that is)

___

Nick just isn't what it used to be.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Midna changes a lot more considerably through the course of the game though, at least in my opinion.

Tatl is really up there for me as well, along with the King of Red Lions (if you can consider him a sidekick, that is)

___

Nick just isn't what it used to be.
Remember when SpongeBob and Fairly Oddparents were good? When Avatar: The Last Airbender, Danny Phantom, and Jimmy Nuetron were things? Even El Tigre was good. Teenage Robot?

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So, Midna, Usagi and like 5 DJ-PON3 walk int o a bar...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Remember when SpongeBob and Fairly Oddparents were good? When Avatar: The Last Airbender, Danny Phantom, and Jimmy Nuetron were things? Even El Tigre was good. Teenage Robot?

Im surprised that you remembered El Tigre, that series was underrated imo

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Indeed I do....

Spongebob still has a decent episode every now and then but the characters and sense of humor have become a mixture of being bland, annoying, and just straight up bizarre. And Fairly Oddparents pretty much died when they introduced the Fairy-world Dog to the main cast....

Danny Phantom was one of my favorites. At least they ended that series off good and respectfully.

My Life as a Teenage Robot was another great one. Can't remember how they ended that one off though. Same goes for Jimmy Neutron and El Tigre....

I still have no idea where 'wub' came from.
It's a word people use to refer to certain Dubstep sound effects, I think.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Indeed I do....

Spongebob still has a decent episode every now and then but the characters and sense of humor have become a mixture of being bland, annoying, and just straight up bizarre. And Fairly Oddparents pretty much died when they introduced the Fairy-world Dog to the main cast....

Danny Phantom was one of my favorites. At least they ended that series off good and respectfully.

My Life as a Teenage Robot was another great one. Can't remember how they ended that one off though. Same goes for Jimmy Neutron and El Tigre....

It's a word people use to refer to certain Dubstep sound effects, I think.

Remember this? As a kid, I never thought much of it, but these lyrics are genius.

Nostalgia....oh nostalgia....

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Remember this? As a kid, I never thought much of it, but these lyrics are genius.

Nostalgia....oh nostalgia....

Oh wow, yes I do! That song was catchy as heck lol. Comparing that song alone to anything in today's episodes....really shows how far the quality and creativity has dropped. I feel like the writers for today's episodes just don't put the same kind of heart into the show....

I'm also suddenly remembering "Icky Vicky" as well.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Oh wow, yes I do! That song was catchy as heck lol. Comparing that song alone to anything in today's episodes....really shows how far the quality and creativity has dropped. I feel like the writers for today's episodes just don't put the same kind of heart into the show....

I'm also suddenly remembering "Icky Vicky" as well.
Oh yes, Icky Vicky. Today's Nicktoons just don't have the heart, soul, and personality of those classics. That's one of the reasons MLP is so fresh compared to today's cartoons. Like the old CN and Nicktoons, the characters and animation are lovable and relatable, and they have personality! Character! Longevity! Catchiness! Style!

Edit: Now that I think about, I want a Chip Skylark/Vinyl Scratch fanart piece.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Oh yes, Icky Vicky. Today's Nicktoons just don't have the heart, soul, and personality of those classics. That's one of the reasons MLP is so fresh compared to today's cartoons. Like the old CN and Nicktoons, the characters and animation are lovable and relatable, and they have personality! Character! Longevity! Catchiness! Style!

I still remember catching some of the oldest episodes of Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents when they first premiered, just barely.

As much as I miss cartoons like Danny Phantom and the like, at least they haven't gone down a seemingly never ending dark path like Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents did. I feel like the main reason the Network is still keeping those shows alive (especially Spongebob) is explained through this video:

I wouldn't mind those two shows still growing today if the writers still had the same amount of genuine care for the show as it was when it first came out, if they still put good creativity and effort into it, and they didn't treat the characters.....so bizarrely. It's like some of the characters have dramatic shifts of personality and intelligence between each new episode.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

I still remember catching some of the oldest episodes of Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents when they first premiered, just barely.

As much as I miss cartoons like Danny Phantom and the like, at least they haven't gone down a seemingly never ending dark path like Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents did. I feel like the main reason the Network is still keeping those shows alive (especially Spongebob) is explained through this video:

I wouldn't mind those two shows still growing today if the writers still had the same amount of genuine care for the show as it was when it first came out, if they still put good creativity and effort into it, and they didn't treat the characters.....so bizarrely. It's like some of the characters have dramatic shifts of personality and intelligence between each new episode.
As a business; they need to invest their money into something that will catch eyes. SpongeBob and Fairly Oddparents are still recognizable faces to the Nicktoons fan. Even though Avatar and Danny Phantom and El Tigre were big faces, they were always planned to end, unlike Jimmy Nuetron (which just kinda....died), SpongeBob and Fairly Oddparents which are weekly "Slice of Life/Goofy Unrelated" stories. They aren't set up for an ending and don't have an arc. MLP probably saw this and has been adding arcs for a while so they don't go the same route. They're setting up for the inevitable ending of the series.

Oh, and Catscratch was a thing. Loved that show.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Silver out of curiosity what country are you in? The times that you're up in my time are telling me Australia or somewhere near there..
And what is your Username on mlp forums? :lol:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

As a business; they need to invest their money into something that will catch eyes. SpongeBob and Fairly Oddparents are still recognizable faces to the Nicktoons fan. Even though Avatar and Danny Phantom and El Tigre were big faces, they were always planned to end, unlike Jimmy Nuetron (which just kinda....died), SpongeBob and Fairly Oddparents which are weekly "Slice of Life/Goofy Unrelated" stories. They aren't set up for an ending and don't have an arc. MLP probably saw this and has been adding arcs for a while so they don't go the same route. They're setting up for the inevitable ending of the series.

Oh, and Catscratch was a thing. Loved that show.

It is sad that they'll have to end MLP someday, but every show has to come to an end eventually....

Yeah, that's true, Spongebob and Fairly Oddparanets have never been one of those cartoons with an ever ongoing storyline, just one of those things that you can turn onto every day or two for a bit of enjoyment and laughter. (even if they have those specials/movies every now and then. Remember that one Fairly Oddparents movie that took place in Summer, with the guy who was supposed to be a clown being raised by Pixis? I know it came a bit later in the series life, but I feel that the show still had a lot of heart and effort put into it back then).

Oh, Catscratch was great too. I'm not sure how I nearly forgot that one.

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Silver out of curiosity what country are you in? The times that you're up in my time are telling me Australia or somewhere near there..
And what is your Username on mlp forums? :lol:
United States. I oversleep most of the time which explains why I'm on here late-ish.
I'm not a member on the forum.

Last edited:
Top Bottom