• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
96 Your avatar makes me cry everytime, Felix. Keeps reminding me about Monty Oum.... :(
Sorry man, I just really like Ren, RIP Monty Oum. I wish we knew more about Ren, we really don't see a lot of his character or JNPR, hopefully we see more of them in season 3.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Felt good to play some old song ideas that I hadn't dredged up in a while.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I think I could do music on it's own though, but coming up with lyrics.....

I haven't played them in a while but I have a big drum set. I've found a few good beats on my own playing them.

^I suppose that's true.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

To be honest I do have a much greater interest in instrumentals than lyrics. I've always wanted to try remixing something too. Maybe even make a tune of my own as a soundtrack to go with something...

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

"You're never going to bring me down you're never going to break this part of me"

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion

I think I could do music on it's own though, but coming up with lyrics.....

I haven't played them in a while but I have a big drum set. I've found a few good beats on my own playing them.

^I suppose that's true.
The way I was taught to write songs was...well, to NOT write them. Sounds like a contradiction, right? The thing is, you try to drift on the melody you found and let the melody itself cause words to spring forth into your mind. If it sounds hard, it is. But the result is a better set of lyrics than if you tried to put in something you forced yourself to come up with.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The way I was taught to write songs was...well, to NOT write them. Sounds like a contradiction, right? The thing is, you try to drift on the melody you found and let the melody itself cause words to spring forth into your mind. If it sounds hard, it is. But the result is a better set of lyrics than if you tried to put in something you forced yourself to come up with.
Agreed x9000 inb4 sued by Flight ^_^'

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

That does make sense.

I wouldn't want to write a song if the both the lyrics and instrumentals weren't....genuine, so to speak. I'd want them to be something I come up with, from my own thoughts and feelings on a matter, something to be passionate about.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

That reminds me of how the Bee Gees did one of their songs lol same exact way one of their many hits were created

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion

That does make sense.

I wouldn't want to write a song if the both the lyrics and instrumentals weren't....genuine, so to speak. I'd want them to be something I come up with, from my own thoughts and feelings on a matter, something to be passionate about.
True, a subject you can relate to will result in a more passionate song.
That reminds me of how the Bee Gees did one of their songs lol same exact way one of their many hits were created

I imagine that's why my father looks at it that way; all the old rock and roll bands he loved did the same thing. ( My father is the one who taught me about music. )

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

It'd be the same thing if I wanted to create a song or theme for a scene in a story of some kind, especially if it were a story I came up with myself. I'd want the song to fit in just right with the mood of the scene in question.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
It may be weird, but my mind oftentimes first gets the idea for something by thinking of a name for it. Like a game, story or song. Like I've gotten song ideas by having a title pop into my mind.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

It's not. You can suddenly think of a name for something, or even totally start off a bunch of ideas by just going with titles first and foremost. Then all you have to do is imagine what the details of it would be like, which isn't usually too hard to do.

Coming up with a name of location in a fictional world is another good example. Come up with a name to describe a location, then imagine what kind of atmosphere that location would have.

To be honest...I actually kind of find it easier to come up with names for things first and then work on the details of it.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
True, and finding a name for something already fully created can be very difficult for me.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
With SG getting interested in MLP, it's funny to imagine his reaction to Equestria Girls.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Same here. I've come up with a few neat designs for things before, then all of the sudden I'm like "Well crap, what am I gonna name it?".

Usually the result is a bunch of cliche or uncreative names flowing through my head for a while.

Top Bottom