• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
101 I can finally post after watching the video

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
:glare: I'm playing Smash Run and the game keeps cycling around the same few Characters :4diddy:,:4dk:, :4ganondorf:, :4gaw:, :4greninja:, :4metaknight:, :4pacman:, :4pit:..

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

1.Weren't the MLP episodes for our bet picked by each brony on this thread?
2.What did you think of the episodes of RWBY you watched?
yes, but I'm sure everypony would agree to start with the first two episodes, since they introduce some of the best plot elements and introduce you to the characters.
And have such a heartwarming part...

It's about equivalent to the time I spent watching RWBY; 45 minutes of my time.

As I said before, they were a pain for me to watch....so boring.....such ugly animation styles....
I watched 5 episodes. 5 episodes is the point where I decide to keep going or stop with a series.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Care to explain to me why you found it so boring and ugly?
I don't like the art style, and the story did not interest me. I've never been interested in re-imagining an established character. Furthermore, I've never liked that kind of fantasy genre and I don't care for anime.

The characters don't interest me, the story bores me, and I've never cared for Monty Oum's work either.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Don't be discouraged by the opening, you won't regret it! It's a two-part episode.

Just finished watching it and I gotta admit; It's not a bad show. It's pretty colorful and very well animated, two things I really love in a cartoon show, but the plot elements came in way too suddenly for my liking and most of which were actually getting predictable as I watched, which made it boring for me. Also, the story was way more child-friendly than I expected, making it even more boring for me.

Again, not a bad show, but it's just not interesting enough for me.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Just finished watching it and I gotta admit; It's not a bad show. It's pretty colorful and very well animated, two things I really love in a cartoon show, but the plot elements came in way too suddenly for my liking and most of which were actually getting predictable as I watched, which made it boring for me. Also, the story was way more child-friendly than I expected, making it even more boring for me.

Again, not a bad show, but it's just not interesting enough for me.

[collapse=SG, read this; MLP Spoilers included!]

Then might I direct you to the other Season Openers/Closers. Each presents us with new plot elements and more information on the world's lore. In the Season 2 premier, we meet Discord, the spirit of chaos, who turns the Mane 6 into their own antithesis' - Rarity becomes greedy, Fluttershy cruel, Pinkie Pie grumpy, etc. and once again they need the magic of friendship to save them - but they also learn that friendship isn't always easy, but there's no doubt it's something worth fighting for.

Season 2's closer also introduces us to Queen Chrysalis, the leader of the bug-like changelings who feed off of love. The episode extends to a fairly dark place, before making everything right again.
The morals are actually very mature and could stand to be learned by everyone.

Also this song:

Look at that duality; while the false Cadence sings of her evilly-evil plans the music is dark and intense, but while the real Cadence sings, it softens and becomes light-hearted. It shows the contrast in two personalities.

On another hand, we have the Season 4 closer; which has this Dragon Ball Z-esque fight:

Then in Season 5, we have "communism pony" Starlight Glimmer, an antagonist who basically leads a communist village - the moral I will not spoil, but let's just say compared to the rest of the show, it's very mature and dark for MLP.

Honestly, like I said, to truly get a show you need to get so far into it. The starting episode always has the disadvantage of having to introduce everything major with limited pacing. MLP is no different; they had 9 major characters to introduce, a world to semi-build, and a major plot element: the Elements of Harmony that they had 45 minutes to make of.

But I do appreciate you taking the time to give it a chance.
Although, I advise you to at least watch up to Episode 5 or so to get the true experience of it.

[/collapse]

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

[collapse=SG, read this; MLP Spoilers included!]

Then might I direct you to the other Season Openers/Closers. Each presents us with new plot elements and more information on the world's lore. In the Season 2 premier, we meet Discord, the spirit of chaos, who turns the Mane 6 into their own antithesis' - Rarity becomes greedy, Fluttershy cruel, Pinkie Pie grumpy, etc. and once again they need the magic of friendship to save them - but they also learn that friendship isn't always easy, but there's no doubt it's something worth fighting for.

Season 2's closer also introduces us to Queen Chrysalis, the leader of the bug-like changelings who feed off of love. The episode extends to a fairly dark place, before making everything right again.
The morals are actually very mature and could stand to be learned by everyone.

Also this song:

Look at that duality; while the false Cadence sings of her evilly-evil plans the music is dark and intense, but while the real Cadence sings, it softens and becomes light-hearted. It shows the contrast in two personalities.

On another hand, we have the Season 4 closer; which has this Dragon Ball Z-esque fight:

Then in Season 5, we have "communism pony" Starlight Glimmer, an antagonist who basically leads a communist village - the moral I will not spoil, but let's just say compared to the rest of the show, it's very mature and dark for MLP.

Honestly, like I said, to truly get a show you need to get so far into it. The starting episode always has the disadvantage of having to introduce everything major with limited pacing. MLP is no different; they had 9 major characters to introduce, a world to semi-build, and a major plot element: the Elements of Harmony that they had 45 minutes to make of.

But I do appreciate you taking the time to give it a chance.
Although, I advise you to at least watch up to Episode 5 or so to get the true experience of it.

[/collapse]
Ugh... I feel like we might need to cancel our wager if I keep "giving that show a chance" :chuckle:

Also, nice to see it can have its dark moments, and I love darker plots (which explains why Mother 3, despite never playing it, is already one of my favorite games) as well as a some awesome ones, but if there's only a few moments like that, I'm not gonna like the show, only these moments. That DBZ-esque fight looks amazing, though ^_^

But to be fair, I often think of the first episodes as some of the worst ones in a series since viewers are pretty much introduced to every thing in a short time, unlike RWBY, which sorta did it with the Character Trailers.

133 SGs not joining the herd

Last edited:
Top Bottom