• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazing Player, Cinderace for Smash!

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Crazy, call it a hunch, but Cinderace might soon get a glow-up. Greninja broke the metagame when he had this ability, and currently, every team online seems to have a HA Cinderace (including me).

Also, if you check the rankings for the top competitive Pokemon in HOME, Cinderace is now at the top over Dragapult

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Alright, here's my big prediction for June. I feel like we'll get the ARMS character announced either this week or the next (probably Springman, but I'm hoping Helix). This will probably come in the form of a Direct.

From there, I feel like there will be another character announced. Either a Pokemon (Cinderace is very likely if you understand my logic) will get announced because of the Isle of Armor release, OR Rayman could get announced.

These might just be my hopes, but Banjo/Kazooie's trademark was renewed in Nov 2018 and revealed in June 2019. It seems only fitting that Rayman might come, as his trademark was renewed in Nov 2019. Plus, Ubisoft and Nintendo work well together and Ubisoft clearly wants Rayman in Smash

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Me too.

Also the dub for the first 12 episodes of Pokemon Journeys is available on Netflix, so we might see more fans for Scorbunny crop up.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So, things got crazy with reveals.
-A new game that helps you brush your teeth. First Pokemon Sleep, now this.
-A cafe puzzle game spin off using Pokemon Shuffle Sprites
-Pokemon Snap 2
-Zeraora coming to SWSH, and if a million are defeated, every player is gifted with a free Shiny Zeraora
-Another direct next week for more Pokemon Updates

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Thought I'd mention that Cinderace got 16th place out of the first parties on a recent poll you may or may not have heard of. Only pokemon to beat it votes wise was Rillaboom.
Yeah, and a guy made a video on the top 50 smash characters wanted the most (based on a poll back in March), Cinderace was the second highest pokemon, only beaten by Rillaboom.

Plus, this poll was in March, and Cinderace has been given a lot of attention recently with his Libero ability (and does anyone wanna mention how we saw the same Pichu and Scorbunny three times in the new Snap trailer?). I'd guess its either close or above Rillaboom

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Min Min was confirmed, cool.

Sakurai said that she was picked because the producer of ARMS wanted her to be added in.

Hopefully the people at the Pokemon Company, Gamefreak, and Nintendo will do the same thing for Cinderace.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Min Min was confirmed, cool.

Sakurai said that she was picked because the producer of ARMS wanted her to be added in.

Hopefully the people at the Pokemon Company, Gamefreak, and Nintendo will do the same thing for Cinderace.
If they contacted them then it's either Cinderace or another heavily promoted pokemon like the other two starters or Toxtricity or something.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
If they contacted them then it's either Cinderace or another heavily promoted pokemon like the other two starters or Toxtricity or something.
Well yeah of course, part of me is just worried that they'll simply let Sakurai pick again and he'll chose a Pokemon that suits his interest over what the majority wants.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Do you guys think we may see smash news during the 24th Pokemon direct ?
It's probably too soon to get more smash info but Cinderace being announced on my birthday would be dope !

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
It's probably too soon to get more smash info but Cinderace being announced on my birthday would be dope !
They were saying something big was happening, and it feels too soon for new dlc/new pokemon mainline game. Unless some seriously giant stuff we can't fathom is happening, I'm betting it will be a shadow drop or something. Like with Joker, a trailer and nothing else, it's too soon to release a character immedietly after Min Min. If they show it off and say a full presentation will come a few months later or something, I can see it happening.
I still don't think it's likely however.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Well the fact that they decided to have a second direct so soon and right after Min Min was just announced for Smash might mean something, but I wouldn't have my hopes up too much. But it would be cool to see a Smash character announcement happen during a Pokemon direct, which would be a first.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
So we ended up getting Pokemon Unite...

Not a fan of the idea, but wow people really disliked it. (59k likes vs 115 dislikes on the Youtube trailer as of posting)

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So we ended up getting Pokemon Unite...

Not a fan of the idea, but wow people really disliked it. (59k likes vs 115 dislikes on the Youtube trailer as of posting)
That's even worse than Byleth, and that's saying something.
Personally the idea ain't too bad, but I really wish we could get a not mainly Gen 1 roster.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Hey yall, I found a leak, and while I normally assume it's fake, this one might need a little more looking into. This did more than predict Min Min
I saw this one. I'm uncertain on if it's real or not though. Who is Kunio though?
Anyways, it predicted a lot of things so I'll give it some credence. But it could be another Sm4sh esque leak with most being right, but they were actually random guesses.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
I saw this one. I'm uncertain on if it's real or not though. Who is Kunio though?
Anyways, it predicted a lot of things so I'll give it some credence. But it could be another Sm4sh esque leak with most being right, but they were actually random guesses.
I believe Kunio is referring to the guy from River City Ransom (which we already had a spirit event for)
https://www.ssbwiki.com/River_City_Smash

Anyways, the leak could be real or could just be a bunch of educated guesses. We'll just have to wait and see if we get Frogger, Dovahkiin, and the Deus Ex spirit event.

Edit: nevermind, looks like it's a fake.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Welp, um....
So yeah, that "leak" is absolutely fake.

But with that said, I do believe a Gen 8 Pokemon has a very high chance of showing up in the Second Pass, and that's probably why this leak seems so credible.

It's only this leak in specific that's not truthful and I'm surprised it got as much coverage as it did when just looking at the posting time gives its fakeness away.

Last edited:

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
I just got a crazy idea, yall know how the crowd will cheer for you and chant your characters name if you do something like barely make it to the stage, or if Ness hits absorb?

What if they made Cinderace get powered up by cheering?

They could give him moves or such to recieve cheering, like if he does a specific move in a specific pattern or so compared to other characterswho almost never recieve cheers?

I only say this because his pokedex description in Shield is "It's skilled at both offense and defense, and it gets pumped up when cheered on."

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
That'd be an interesting gimmick, it would encourage players to cater to the audience rather than fight like normal. Which might appeal to those who like to fight like an entertainer. But to avoid confusion and make it fair to deaf players, I would add a meter that indicates the audience's approval rating.

Also for anyone who's interested, you can get Scorbunny now in Pokémon Café Mix. This Special Event lasts until July 15, 2020.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
That'd be an interesting gimmick, it would encourage players to cater to the audience rather than fight like normal. Which might appeal to those who like to fight like an entertainer. But to avoid confusion and make it fair to deaf players, I would add a meter that indicates the audience's approval rating.

Also for anyone who's interested, you can get Scorbunny now in Pokémon Café Mix. This Special Event lasts until July 15, 2020.

And they ask why Cinderace won't be in Smssh

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so since Blaze and Libero probably won't happen (because they didn't happen with greninja and Incineroar), I have successfully implemented cheering as a gimmick, does anyone want to see it?

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Okay... I wasn't expecting Ash to be the one to catch a Galarian Farfetch'd. Also Sobble is showing up next episode. I feel that Smash speculation next week is going to be divisive depending on who catches Sobble.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Okay... I wasn't expecting Ash to be the one to catch a Galarian Farfetch'd. Also Sobble is showing up next episode. I feel that Smash speculation next week is going to be divisive depending on who catches Sobble.
I have a feeling it will be Goh, I think they might be building up a return of Ash-Greninja or something, also what do you mean by Smash speculation next week? Is something going down?

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
I have a feeling it will be Goh, I think they might be building up a return of Ash-Greninja or something, also what do you mean by Smash speculation next week? Is something going down?
It's just what I think will happen with Smash DLC speculation in general after episode 28 comes out next week.
If Ash catches it then people will come out of the woodwork to say "Intelon is confirmed for Smash!" since Greninja and Incineroar were also owned by Ash. If Goh catches it then people will come out to say "since it was caught by Goh that means Ash will catch Grookey and thus Rillaboom is confirmed for Smash!" either way there'll probably be a big debate over whether or not it matters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom