• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blaziken Blitz - Voting For New Tier - Voting Lasts Until October 8th

D

Deleted member

What is that anyways?

Do you guys want me to interview the winner?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
VGC '11 is unova only, bring 6 pick 4 doubles, item clause, lv50, reshi zekr kyu victini banned

D

Deleted member

Wow Chibo, editing my post. Not Cool man.

Once I become a Mod Im going to edit all of your posts.

Congrats for winning!

Chibo recieves 20 points so Chibo will have 1st Seed if he decides to enter.

IceArrow recieves 15 points so IceArrow will have 2nd Seed if he decides to enter.

BLM recieves 0 Points because he failed to participate in a match.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yay go me

If no one votes for VGC I'm fine with it being anything but DW lol, so lame. I basically just took my normal Wifi team, took off my Fire pokemon, and added Shadow Tag Chandy and gg :p

D

Deleted member

Chibo's Interview

1. Its pretty impressive going through a whole tourney and only losing 1 match. How did you do that?

Well, it's not really appropriate to say that since it was only a single best of 5 match. It was more surprising that I won 3 straight matches in a row after losing one, while continuing to use the same team. At least, I believe the game I lost was the first, I don't remember exactly. It was the first time I REALLY used the team. I literally just took my regular Wifi team, took off my Fire pokemon (at the time Blaziken), and put on Shadow Tag Chandelure, because it's that good. I believe it single handedly won me two of the three games vs you. I would say I practiced the team for maybe 2 or 3 matches on Pokemon Online before playing you, just to kind of get into the swing of it. But without going onto a further tangent, yes it was Shadow Tag Chandelure that did a lot of the work for me. Once it comes in on something that it completely walls, a 6 Calm Mind setup is indispensable.

2. How did you come back from the 4 stock 1st match against me?

I considered switching teams, but that was the only Dream World team I had. I could have competed with my regular Wifi team that I was more familiar with, but I figured it wouldn't have changed much since it was still essentially the same team. I just pressed on with my team, kept good notes throughout the matches, and played more intelligently. I suppose the shock from the first lost kind of kicked me into gear so to say.

If you noticed I did something key in the first game. When I knew basically it was impossible to win, I forfeit early so you wouldn't see the rest of my team to keep at least some advantage for the next game. Mainly, I didn't let you see my Chandelure - even though I could have sent it out pretty safely vs your Blaziken to try and win game 1.

3. What was your hardest challenge in the tourney?

Probably the match vs you, since it was the only one lol. Joking aside, it was being faced with an incredibly important match (since it started off in grand finals), and losing game 1. I knew I had only one team prepared, and once you caught on to the fact that I used the same team over and over, you were free to counter it. I was in a terrible position, so faced with needing to make a massive comeback with the same team over and over was quite the challenge.

4. Did anything surprise you in this tournament?

I referred back to the game logs to answer this, since I know some things did. The first thing off the bat was your Zoroark. Even after your ESPEON used NIGHT DAZE I was still clueless. As I mentioned I am used to Wifi so I've never had to deal with it before. Once I switched into my Ferrothorn to resist it I then got hit with Flamethrower. Right off the bat that just set me up for a terrible game, though thankfully I didn't fall for it in subsequent games.

Congrats again to Chibo for a great job winning.

Kantrip

Kantplay
VGC 11 rules sounds cool. I suck at competitive battling, but I'd like to sign up

Username: CrimsonFeint
Pokemon Online Username: CrimsonFeint
Time Zone: Pacific Time
Name of Favorite OU Pokemon: Politoed

D

Deleted member

Nice to see new members enter the Battle Tower.

VGC 11 x2
4th Gen UU x1

D

Deleted member

Looks like we are going VGC 11.

I will be away for 2 weeks with no internet access so signups end on 6/20/11.

Chibo and BLM, if you want to join you dont have to fill out the registration just reply to this thread saying you want to join.

D

Deleted member

Tournaments take 2 minutes of your life a week. Obviously you can do 2 tourneys so both of you enter or else I'll destroy you in Tery's tourney.

ss118

Smash Master
Username: ss118
Pokemon Online Username: articanus
Time Zone: EST
Name of Favorite OU Pokemon: None. OU sucks balls honestly. For sake of here I'll say Latios.

D

Deleted member

Anyone else. We only need 2 or 3 more people for it to be an 8 man bracket.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I'll try it :]

username: kirbyraeg
PO: kirbyraeg/alice margatroid
time zone: GMT -8 (Pacific)
fav OU pokemon: darmanitan. it's just fun.

D

Deleted member

Yes, registration will end once 1 or 2 more people join.

D

Deleted member

Registration closes tonight at 9 PM, sign up so we can have an 8 man bracket.

D

Deleted member

My brother (Majority) told me that he wanted to enter the tournament IRL.

If nobody else enters the bracket is:

Majority vs. CrimsonFeint (Winner plays Chibo)
ss118 vs. Kirbyraeg (Winner plays Me)

If anyone joins in the next 2 and a half hours they play me.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
ok.

art, next time you read this thread, leave me a profile message or PM and we can set something up. I'll need some time to even know what vgc format is though.

D

Deleted member

Since you guys are at least trying to get our matches done I will give you 3 more days. If matches are still not completed I will flip a coin.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Art, I know this is late, but I vm'ed you back and haven't seen you on since, so...

Let me know what to do. I can meet a time you schedule as long as it isn't ****ing crazy (like 4 AM)

D

Deleted member

Sorry for the delay, I'll give you until the end of tommorow but im not extending for the rest of the tourney.

D

Deleted member

Looks like Im getting out my quarter. Tell you the results tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Updated bracket.

Kirbyraeg, I can play every night from 7-11, 4-8 for you.

D

Deleted member

Since no matches have been played, this tourney is canceled and voting for the next round is starting.

Changed rule also - Single Elimination.

I vote for Gen 4 OU.

Wrath`

Smash Master
inb4 a second tournament with no activity. I mean if you had post bits I am sure it would do well like Imperial II.

Top Bottom