• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blaziken Blitz - Voting For New Tier - Voting Lasts Until October 8th

D

Deleted member

Since there have been no Pokemon tournaments recently I wanted to host a series of Pokemon tourneys called Blaziken Blitz. The first tourney will be Dream World OU and then at the end of each tourney in this thread you guys can post what tier you want to do next (example: Wifi, Ubers, UU, Gen 4 OU). If there are 20 or more people (which is unlikely) we will do pools!!! If we have pools there will also be an Amateur Bracket too! After each event there will be 4 days to figure out the next tier and then 10 days to Sign-Up.

General Rules

1. Generation 5 Pokemon Only
2. No Unreleased Pokemon
3. Item Clause
4. Double Battle
5. All sets are best of three
6. Banned Pokemon: Arceus, Darkrai, Deoxys-A, Deoxys-N, Dialga, Giratina, Giratina-O, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Lugia, Manaphy, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-S, Zekrom
7. Bring 6 Pokemon
8. While viewing the Pokémon on their opponent's team, each player selects four Pokémon to use during the battle.
9. Simulator: Pokemon Online
10. Server: Pokemon Online
11. You must save all logs
12. Post in the thread after each match saying if you won or loss, no need to send logs to me initially. If there is a dispute then the logs will be sent to me.
13. Finals are best of five.
14. All Pokemon are Level 50.

Bracket Play

1. Each round will last for 7 days
2. Use the PM system on SWF to contact your opponent if you can't through other means such as AIM. Send all messages to your opponent also to me as proof to show you reaching out to your opponent.
3. In the event of a match not happening, the host will determine the winner based on proof of whose fault it was for the match not happening.

Registration
Sign-up for Blaziken Blitz with the following:

Username:
Pokemon Online Username:
Time Zone:
Name of Favorite OU Pokemon:

Example:

Username: IceArrow
Pokemon Online Username: IceArrow
Time Zone: EST
Name of Favorite OU Pokemon: Blaziken

Your placing will be used to seed for other Blaziken Blitz tournaments.

These are the points you are rewarded determined on your placing.

Pro Bracket:

1st - 20
2nd - 15
3rd - 10
4th - 6
5th - 4
7th - 2
9th - 1

Amateur Bracket points:

1st - 10
2nd - 6
3rd - 4

vVv ChiboSempai - 20 Points
IceArrow - 15 Points

D

Deleted member

Username: vVv ChiboSempai
Pokemon Online Username: vVv ChiboSempai
Name of Favorite OU Pokemon: Slowbro

Username: IceArrow
Pokemon Online Username: IceArrow
Name of Favorite OU Pokemon: Blaziken

Username: CrimsonFeint
Pokemon Online Username: CrimsonFeint
Time Zone: Pacific Time
Name of Favorite OU Pokemon: Politoed

Username: ss118
Pokemon Online Username: articanus
Name of Favorite OU Pokemon: None. OU sucks balls honestly. For sake of here I'll say Latios.

username: kirbyraeg
PO: kirbyraeg/alice margatroid
time zone: GMT -8 (Pacific)
fav OU pokemon: darmanitan. it's just fun.

Username: Majority
Pokemon Online Username: Majority
Name of Favorite OU Pokemon: Jirachi

D

Deleted member

History:

1st Blaziken Blitz - DW OU

Winner - vVv ChiboSempai

Entrants: 3

Interview:
1. Its pretty impressive going through a whole tourney and only losing 1 match. How did you do that?

Well, it's not really appropriate to say that since it was only a single best of 5 match. It was more surprising that I won 3 straight matches in a row after losing one, while continuing to use the same team. At least, I believe the game I lost was the first, I don't remember exactly. It was the first time I REALLY used the team. I literally just took my regular Wifi team, took off my Fire pokemon (at the time Blaziken), and put on Shadow Tag Chandelure, because it's that good. I believe it single handedly won me two of the three games vs you. I would say I practiced the team for maybe 2 or 3 matches on Pokemon Online before playing you, just to kind of get into the swing of it. But without going onto a further tangent, yes it was Shadow Tag Chandelure that did a lot of the work for me. Once it comes in on something that it completely walls, a 6 Calm Mind setup is indispensable.

2. How did you come back from the 4 stock 1st match against me?

I considered switching teams, but that was the only Dream World team I had. I could have competed with my regular Wifi team that I was more familiar with, but I figured it wouldn't have changed much since it was still essentially the same team. I just pressed on with my team, kept good notes throughout the matches, and played more intelligently. I suppose the shock from the first lost kind of kicked me into gear so to say.

If you noticed I did something key in the first game. When I knew basically it was impossible to win, I forfeit early so you wouldn't see the rest of my team to keep at least some advantage for the next game. Mainly, I didn't let you see my Chandelure - even though I could have sent it out pretty safely vs your Blaziken to try and win game 1.

3. What was your hardest challenge in the tourney?

Probably the match vs you, since it was the only one lol. Joking aside, it was being faced with an incredibly important match (since it started off in grand finals), and losing game 1. I knew I had only one team prepared, and once you caught on to the fact that I used the same team over and over, you were free to counter it. I was in a terrible position, so faced with needing to make a massive comeback with the same team over and over was quite the challenge.

4. Did anything surprise you in this tournament?

I referred back to the game logs to answer this, since I know some things did. The first thing off the bat was your Zoroark. Even after your ESPEON used NIGHT DAZE I was still clueless. As I mentioned I am used to Wifi so I've never had to deal with it before. Once I switched into my Ferrothorn to resist it I then got hit with Flamethrower. Right off the bat that just set me up for a terrible game, though thankfully I didn't fall for it in subsequent games.

D

Deleted member

Chibo, I missed you :crying:

You have to register using this though.

Username:
Pokemon Online Username:
Time Zone:
Name of Favorite OU Pokemon:

Enzo

Smash Lord
Username: BLM (black mage)
Pokemon Online Username: [IMP]Alphonse
Name of Favorite OU Pokemon: Blaziken (not on my team, just my fav pokemon in general)

DW is lulz on smogon, noeone plays it so po rules are good

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Username: vVv ChiboSempai
Pokemon Online Username: vVv ChiboSempai
Name of Favorite OU Pokemon: Slowbro

D

Deleted member

Registration is closed. Since nobody entered this time whoever did will have a big advantage in the other tourneys.

Grand Finals: Round Robin

ChiboSempai vs. BLM
BLM vs. IceArrow
IceArrow vs. ChiboSempai

Deadline is 7/20/11.

D

Deleted member

I lost to Chibo 3-1

No Deadline, just complete your matches asap.

D

Deleted member

BLM, reply to this thread by 7/31 or else you will be disqualified.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Looking like it was just a serious match with IceArrow vs Chibo

:phone:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm on AIM whenever I'm awake, IM me basically anytime you see me on and I can play

But I've like never seen you on

D

Deleted member

BLM get your matches done by August 4th or else your disqualified.

Thats 2 weeks after the original deadline.

D

Deleted member

BLM, you also dont get the points for 3rd if you dont finish by tommorow at 8 PM.

D

Deleted member

I can't play now but I can play from 7-11.

How about 7:30.

D

Deleted member

Start voting for new Tier now. Deadline is August 6 10:00 P.M.

I vote 5th Gen DW UU

Top Bottom