• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia: Game Over! Ouroboros Breaks the Cycle

Orboknown

Smash Hero
It was one i wanted after i found out what would have happened.
Always next time i guess. I loved the nature of the setup and how it made people actually think regarding what was going on throughout.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
SUPA LATE THOUGHTS FROM DIETZ

IN FIVE SENTENCES OR LESS, CUZ GOTTA GO FAST :sonic:

@ Orboknown Orboknown :

Honestly the intrigue when you were suddenly killed by the Black Beast, rather out of nowhere based on who was still alive I might add. I know we already kinda went over that you weren't sure what you were trying to get targetted with by Ragna, but I was hoping beyond hope that when Thuggin first fished for male/female slots and you KNEW Bardull was faking being a girl that youd've pushed the fact you knew he wasn't harder to gain his attention. Still... a man can dream.

@ Raziek Raziek and @ #HBC | ZoZo #HBC | ZoZo

Solid job all around. Super A+ work. You had all the right ideas most of the time, even on tracks that didn't end up being the actual mafia kill for one reason or another (like Maven). Overall your logic was sound and I think behind the scenes you both did very good with both the track and the scumhunting logic you used to find the cast.

@ Maven89 Maven89 :

I'm kind of sad you never got a chance to use your Jan, but it was mostly the correct move on Day 1 because of the masons being the one in question. HOWEVER. I mega disagree with the choice to send Rake after Bardull/Nabe over attempting a Jan on them. Had he actually been killable it would have been majorly sweet for Mafia to be able to hide a double slot's true role and keep people setup guessing.

@Aoi Inu : No comment lol. You know what you did with that masonry screwup to start out this game. At least you picked right at the end.

@ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe : WHY WHY WHY Did you claim you used to be Indy? You successfully navigated the biggest trap on that role by doing your homework and finding an ingenious flavor reason for Nu to have teamed up with Ragna (one so legit it was even part of the setup)... but then you flat claimed you used to be Indy when you didn't have to. Once you said those words it was pretty much over that you'd be investigated and no redirection claims would save you, what with the damning track.

@Chaco : Rip in pepperonis. We hardly knew ye.

@#HBC | BarDeeZy : Oh man lol, you got even more shafted than we expected Ragna's role to become. I'm still reeling over the fact we had to play final answer on which destiny you ended up having, but at least you were the master of your own fate lol. I think you did pretty well to play to the slot's goal at the time of survival (and it was great seeing your paranoia spread over every single interaction people had with you). Once you became Indy I think you handled it alright, but the admission of Indyhood really spelled disaster in the long run.

@#HBC | Gorf: A series of unfortunate events and lackluster contributions just kind of collapsed on you, but I think you mostly already know that. I am curious though, were you scumreading Potassium at the time you jailed him?

@ JeXs JeXs : You did a good job lurking while still posting as needed while trying to find your objective IMO. The Night Actions conspired to thwart that initial plan, but you played solidly enough throughout and put on the extra effort at the end to outstrip Joey as Town when it mattered and your priorities correctly changed.

@#HBC | ѕoup : Wow. Wowoww that execute. SADNESS BRO. And then you claimed credit for it!? Get gud cmooon

@#HBC | Joey : Overall I think you did okay after replacing in on Soup's poor start. In the end I'm not sure how much your final lynch was your slot vs slot history, but I can say though it was admirable it probably could have been better. I know the bus was obvious and attractive, but two mafia members in a row when you're on the verge of Lylo really wasn't necessary to actively push.

@ DtJ Glyphmoney DtJ Glyphmoney : Omg dude how much were you smoking this game. Flavor copping your teammates instead of Indy suspects...NO KILLING IN LYLO WITH A TRACKER AND CONFIRMED MASON STILL ALIVE. None of that needed to happen, 100%. The fact that it nearly worked out for you... I don't even know how to feel about. You should have just shot someone and played the game out the best you could instead of making such a jank claim.

@ Lore Lore : You tried, sometimes wagons happen to town members on D1. Just wasn't enough oomph to get a better direction going it seems. I'm sure the whole mason thing didn't help.

@Potassium : Wonderfully solid play throughout. You had the right mindset, found the scum, and even shot them when you needed to. I wholly supported the Raz/Xonar protect even though it didn't end up being the target, and had the Gorf cop not ironically been blocked by Gorf himself the mid-game may have drastically changed. Gold star.

@#HBC | Rake. : Man, you just weren't here when it counted for scumteam this game. You went through the motions, but that was about it. You got a few things done and leveraged your PR, but otherwise you were a sitting duck when it mattered. *sad head shake*

@ we thuggin we thuggin : You know, your play had its upsides and its downsides. But overall your ability to get town off their butts and thinking about things helped really turn the game around in the mid-game. I liked the experimentation with the double-vote and votesteal targets, though realtalk: Gorf would've totally followed your vote anyways. My only qualm? You pushed thread away from investigating the claimed executioner. Cmooon, you know better than to just let a claim like that walk.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
votestealing gorf was more an attempt at forcing gorf 2 stop making himself look like **** than a power grab. i thought if i forced him 2 focus on producing content as opposed 2 pushing lynches id get more time to read im but i think it jus made him bored n give zero ****s (btw thanks a lot 4 protecting our claimed mason n1 ***** -_-)

Maven89

Smash Master
I was actually thinking Bardull/Nabe had swapped their roles and Nabe was actually Ragna, but no one agreed with me (apparently for good reason).

EIther way, Rake was going to get a boost if he killed Ragna, so that's why we sent him. Never even really considered the idea of janitoring it. I was looking in the wiki a little, not familiar with Blazblue at all, but it said that Rake's guy was supposed to kill Ragna because of the Black Beast, so I actually thought if Rake killed him he'd be the Black Beast. The Wiki said it killed half of the world's population, so we thought it was imperative we got Rake that power.

All that turned out to be wrong.

Annoyed I got Vig'd, but that's the hardbody. I had no real say in the matter, so props to Marshy, and more props to Potassium for risking his power like that.

I still have no idea why Soup claimed executioner, he was probably considered the most townie of us and then he claimed an anti-town action/role for no reason. It helped at first, but really why did this happen?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I feel like most of @ Jdietz43 Jdietz43 comments are on point, but I think he's glazing over the fact that Potassium was very very nearly lynched on both Day 1 and Day 2, was widely scum-read, and basically only redeemed himself with a correct shot and playing great AFTER that point.

Moronik

Ronike|marshy
i guarantee yu that 95% of this town read

im indy

n thought holy **** this guy really needs 2 die 4 that alone. id hav 2 think more on a better way 2 approach da situation yu were in but it was def a factor towards yalls death. i also think itz hilarious da entire scumteam dogpiled dat lynch

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I feel like most of @ Jdietz43 Jdietz43 comments are on point, but I think he's glazing over the fact that Potassium was very very nearly lynched on both Day 1 and Day 2, was widely scum-read, and basically only redeemed himself with a correct shot and playing great AFTER that point.
Truth. I did forget about his poor start. The shot saved him hard.

*creases the edge of the gold star a bit*

For the record you (Raz + Xonar) played the best out of town.

Last edited:

Takamagahara

Smash Apprentice
You said modkill, not blacklist. >:[
Welcome Raziek and Xonar to Blazblue Mafia.

You are Carl and Nirvana, Town Tracker(s)

You're still grieving over the loss of your Dad... he was just the BEST. Sure sometimes he was a bit of a dork, but he was your dad. He could easily beat anyone else's dad (and by that you mean that he'd probably have Mom beat them up). But somewhere out there his killer rests, and you simply won't be able to until you find them and bring them to justice.

Active Abilities:

Track
You're driven to find your father's killer, and once per night may investigate one player. You will be informed who (if anyone) that player visited.

Passive Abilities:

Automoton
Unlike every other player in this game you can hear the voice of your sister Ada. You have no idea why they insist on calling her that strange other name... but no matter. You may communicate freely with Xonar (Nirvana) at any time. But at NO time may he post in thread, or you will be modkilled.

Restrictions:

Yahtzee.exe
Xonar is literally unable to deny Raziek a request to play Yahtzee. You may use this site to play Yahtzee: http://www.pogo.com/games/yahtzee-party

Ada Please!
You're still looking for Dad's killer, now is no time to play Yahtzee! If Raziek is caught playing Yahtzee at any point prior to your death, you will be modkilled. This will be on the honor system, if I find out you were playing Yahtzee and didn't tell me; you will both be blacklisted from future games.

To the Crazy House With You
Should Xonar post in thread, you will be carted away in a straight-jacket and be promptly modkilled.

Win Condition:
You are town aligned and win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hrmmm you make a good point.

Since you didn't tell us during the game, but DID tell us after:
We'll compromise, and you'll be retroactively modkilled in the next game you play in ok?

:happysheep:

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Hrmmm you make a good point.

Since you didn't tell us during the game, but DID tell us after:
We'll compromise, and you'll be retroactively modkilled in the next game you play in ok?

:happysheep:
Senpai, pls.
" This will be on the honor system, if I find out you were playing Yahtzee and didn't tell me; you will both be blacklisted from future games."

So basically, there are two conditions for the blacklisting:
- You found out we were playing Yahtzee
- We didn't tell you
Unfortunately not all of them were fulfilled. You did not specify that it would only apply if we did not tell you during the act, which would be an utterly unreasonable request which would allow us to only play Yahtzee during times where we were both around AND a mod.

I AINT GIVIN YOU **** BRUHV

JeXs

Smash Champion
I like how all the soup/glyph distancing became useless all because of a traitor theory.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
4 man scum team, lynched/modkilled scum forst 3 days then threw out a traitor soup theory and after watt managed to not get lynched by vanz and kary we skewered soup who had done some wozard dostancing earlier in the game from....badwolf i think.

Top Bottom