• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blaster Spam

PK Thunder

Smash Rookie
Why do people obsessively ***** about Wolf's blaster? If you use it 50 times it's a spam. If you use it 3 times people still ***** you "spam". Why is it anytime you use a projectile everyone wants to call it spamming? It's not my fault your dumb *** can't dodge or jump. I shorthop fair and bair constantly and still hear about the blaster after every win. Discuss.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
caz thats what people do. complain complain complain etc... they should be thinking of ways around it rather than ***** about it all day.

I guess it's natural for people to find a reason why they lose

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
Well the thing is sometimes it only takes 1-2 projectiles to mess up some approachs. So if someone only knows these types of approachs, he'll get very angry from just doign 1 laser whenever he approaches.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
People like to make excuses for losing. They do not want to admit that they suck at the game, so they come up with whatever excuse they can to make themselves feel better. It has nothing much to do with Wolf.

Daichi

Smash Cadet
I Think it's the noobs out there, who use wolf so they can spam the blaster and fsmash and think they're amazing, that give the rest of you wolf mains a bad name. Same thing with pit mains. Noobs can ruin a character's reputation. But i do agree, spam is annoying, yet avoidable. If you dont dodge it it's your fault you got hit with it..

Recognize

Smash Journeyman
Its just like Ike on random wi-fi, some brawlers get a rep.

Ike- noob spammer 50% hate him 50% love him

Wolf- Noob spammer- his projectile is ****, but nobody gets on Falco's **** for spamming.

Just noobs reading one post and then assuming everything is spam.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

goodkid

Smash Lord
Yeah just ignore it, it does not matter what people think. Play your best and play to win. Use whatever strategy is necessary to win.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
If someone cant dodge the blaster than they deserve to lose. Even if they make some excuse like thats spam then I guess it is considered spam and whoever is complaining is losing to it. People need to find ways around it not get mad about it. I do spam the blaster but at least I dont spam f smash.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
I Think it's the noobs out there, who use wolf so they can spam the blaster and fsmash and think they're amazing, that give the rest of you wolf mains a bad name. Same thing with pit mains. Noobs can ruin a character's reputation. But i do agree, spam is annoying, yet avoidable. If you dont dodge it it's your fault you got hit with it..
Wrong people like you ruin character reps, if you lose to a NOOB who only spams and F smashes then ya suck. They lose rep b/c you complain about it cus you can't beat it. Cus if they win doing this, they're obviously playing the right way since it's winning.

Pit is a spammy character it's how you play him.

And if wolf does this and you can't get around this, then quit brawl b/c there are far more characters who's better at spamming **** then wolf.

PK Thunder

Smash Rookie
Its just like Ike on random wi-fi, some brawlers get a rep.

Ike- noob spammer 50% hate him 50% love him

Wolf- Noob spammer- his projectile is ****, but nobody gets on Falco's **** for spamming.

Just noobs reading one post and then assuming everything is spam.
Falco's blaster is so much more beastly, and Fox's has to be used so much to rack up damage, but you rarely hear their projectiles called spamming. It's slow projectiles like Wolf's and Lucario's that get called spamming the most. I just ignore it now, as long as I can continue to pwn my friends one after the other with Wolf they can ***** all day! I placed in the Top 8 out of over 100 at LaTech's "The Brawl", and all I heard from the crowd was "WAA WAA YOU SPAM BLASTER BOO HOO BTW YOU ARE DUMB TO USE WOLF, AND G&W SUCKS". I just proceed to beat in their faces and show them otherwise. :chuckle:

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Falco's blaster is so much more beastly, and Fox's has to be used so much to rack up damage, but you rarely hear their projectiles called spamming. It's slow projectiles like Wolf's and Lucario's that get called spamming the most. I just ignore it now, as long as I can continue to pwn my friends one after the other with Wolf they can ***** all day! I placed in the Top 8 out of over 100 at LaTech's "The Brawl", and all I heard from the crowd was "WAA WAA YOU SPAM BLASTER BOO HOO BTW YOU ARE DUMB TO USE WOLF, AND G&W SUCKS". I just proceed to beat in their faces and show them otherwise. :chuckle:
It's because there's no debate on how to use falco, it's use his lasers are don't use falco.
People are just dumb cus they don't use wolf's laser to their fullest.

jeanslagoon

Smash Rookie
My friends never complain when i use the blaster, the only times i tend to use it is if they are camping in the corner somewhere, or if i want to get one more hit into my combos after a grab. Besides its a good technique to get them up in the air to do some get off some aerial attacks.

PK Thunder

Smash Rookie
It's because there's no debate on how to use falco, it's use his lasers are don't use falco.
People are just dumb cus they don't use wolf's laser to their fullest.
Agreed. I three stocked a Ganon in the tourney and never took 1% (I guess you would call that a Street Fighter "Perfect") because he couldn't dodge or jump effectively. I even stopped playing at one point and tried to explain to him how dodging works and the controls behind it and he just bellowed "YOU R A ***** WHY DON'T U FIGHT BLAABLAA." If you can't avoid it I'm gonna spam it until I win (especially if it's tourney).

Wolf's blaster is so beastly to stop approaches and combos it's sick. I love SH blaster because it stuns them right off the ground if they are jumping and leaves them incredibly open for attack.

I don't mind Fox's blaster because it does such little damage. I think it looks cute when they try so hard and you just reflect it. The same goes with IC little ice cubes they send out. My friend loves to shoot those crappy things out for 1% a hit. Just wasting my time.

DQP

Smash Ace
everyone who plays a star fox character should spam. who said it was against the rules anyway?
besides, its a great way to ruin a ness or lucas player's chance of recovery : )

Son Reikon

Smash Rookie
Sometimes, my friends will randomly yell out, "**** that gun!" But then they would tell me that im using Wolf's blaster very well. If anything, I want to be a Gunmaster Wolf. I have seen many deaths by falling from using my blaster because it impedes on your opponent's recovery so well. I don't see a reason for others to complain about Wolf's gun if they can't capitalize on their own character's advantages or simply can't avoid the blaster. Also, my friend's hate Wolf's reflector too, ehehehe.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
People like to make excuses for losing. They do not want to admit that they suck at the game, so they come up with whatever excuse they can to make themselves feel better. It has nothing much to do with Wolf.
what he said

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I think Wolf's blaster works alot better for setting up/continuing combo's than for spamming, eventhough some people(*cough*noob's*cough*) seem to think it's best to spam it.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
The blaster has combos? I thought it was just a mindless spam gun with no ways to combo with it at all. Well there is the shoot them once then shoot them twice combo followed by a 3rd shot.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
This coming from a Pit player?
Yea but the blaster is you hit them then maybe downsmash or jump or something. Its not a real combo its just attacking them after their hit by the blaster which you usually cant do fast enough anyway. Maybe if you shoot the blaster make them jump then do a b air on them or something like that. With pits arrows you can make em go in a circle which can be comboed as if your good enough you can do some really good crap with them. I dont see much to do with wolfs blaster than do some damage and make em dodge.

And by the way it should be this coming from a TERRIBLE pit player. The only reason I use pit is because every match I kill myself with wolf. Wolf is my favorite guy to play tho but I am overall better with pit.

KurageWolf

Smash Rookie
I think the blaster is awesome. It can stop any strong attack before it becomes a problem. Alot of people this I spam this, because as soon as they start up a 'fire fox' or 'peach bomber', I shoot them with it.

The Pimp

Smash Cadet
I have a friend who is a blaster spammer that can be annoying (after laser spam does ftilt or fsmash) but I almost always win as my main, PT. Just after its over and he stays as wolf I pick Pit to spam for personal entertainment.

It can be spammed but it is part of the game and a great move to gimp. People just need to learn to shield and dodge.

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
Spam it or not, its not really noob if it gets the job done and helps you win, last time I checked, winners aren't exactly noobs, I think its the noobs that can't get past it and lose...

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Spam it or not, its not really noob if it gets the job done and helps you win, last time I checked, winners aren't exactly noobs, I think its the noobs that can't get past it and lose...
Well you can win and still be a n00b, 'cause a n00b is (In my opinion) a state of mind.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
People look for any excuse to justify losing in their mind, even being able to hit someone 50 times in a row just goes to show that they deserve to lose for not being able to dodge or sheild any of the shots

Yoshara

Smash Lord
To try and get back on topic, I thought this thread was about complaining that Blaster Spamers are n00b's and not how the people losing to them are?

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
If someone mentions spam after a match it's a request not a complaint. As the true gentleman you are you should kindly oblige and spam more the next round.

Top Bottom