• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Black Knight for Brawl (SPOILERS AHEAD)

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Errrm.... I dunno. It's not that he doesn't look like a cool character...

It's just that the whole concept of a "Black Knight" is just so worn out and cliche these days. The prospect of this one doesn't really excite me.

omgitsfootstool

Smash Rookie
why slow attacks?

I played that FE game but i can see his run slow, and not great speed but in the game he has awsome jumps, and lightning quik attacks so i think they should keep him the way he was in FE path of radiance.

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
*claps* very good add yes indeed we need someone like him for brawl very dark and evil yes I like him porbably the only good character from fire emblam that should be in rather then Ike but marth they need to tone him down a notch.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Yeah, but watch the spoilers KidSmash.

SPOILERS BIG TIME FOR GoD
The...Black Knight is making a return in the new Fire Emblem game for Wii. As well as Ike, Titatnia, and many other PoR characters. You can transfer data from PoR to GoD
END SPOILERS

This could only increase chances of FE characters in Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not even that but also:

He's actually playable, with even higher stats than in FE:poR there's a picture around somewhere but I haven't seen it yet.

But still I doubt that he'll make it. Ike is enough.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Well... the origins of the Black Knight are likely to be revealed in GoD - perhaps even his real name. But he is already the most recognized villain (antihero?) of the FE universe, so he is a very likely addition to SSBB.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
Stop adding Meaning less things in your thread Kid Cheaper, any way Who said he was to powerful in brawl <.< who ever said that has to be friggin 5yrs old i thought i already explained that there not gonna make him uber.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Greetings fellow Balck Knight fans!

Everyone I ask says I'm crazy, but I still consider the Black Knight from Path of Radiance to be among the greatest villians in video game history and most certainly worthy of being included as a playable character in Brawl.

However, I am also realistic. The Black Knight is certainly awesome, but his relatively low profile may prevent Sakura from spending valuable development time designing a unique moveset for him.

My solution: include the Black knight as a slower, heavier clone of Ike - just as they did with Ganondorf (who was a clone of Captain falcon of course). Sure, having a new move-set would be preferable, but being included as a clone may be the Black Knight's only hope.

"None shall pass." ;)

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
oh yes. Half of the PoR cast could make a nice edition to Brawl imo
True, Path of Radiance is overflowing with unique characters and the upcoming sequel will undoubtably introduce many more. But the Black knight has the unique advantage of being Ike's rival and the main villian of the plot. My hope is that by including him in Brawl he will get the fan following that he so richly deserves.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
if black knight and gannondorf make it in, and gannondorf gets his 2 handed sword won't both characters play very similar to each other?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
if black knight and gannondorf make it in, and gannondorf gets his 2 handed sword won't both characters play very similar to each other?
That is a real concern. However, it is my hope that they will give Ganondorf several powerful punches and kicks in addition to the sword he weilds in Twilight Princess. This would make him more than just a pure sword fighter. There is also no reason for him to be as heavy or slow as he was in Melee. That way he would be different enough from the Black Knight that they could both be included.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Ganondorf is a magic user foremost so you can expect him to use some spells along with the sword so BK and Ganondorf aren't in danger of being too similar.
Ganondorf doesn't really use magic in Twilight Princess (beyond transforming into Pig Gannon and controlling Zant and Zelda) but I aggree he could be different enough from the Black Knight for them both to be included in Brawl.

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf doesn't really use magic in Twilight Princess (beyond transforming into Pig Gannon and controlling Zant and Zelda) but I aggree he could be different enough from the Black Knight for them both to be included in Brawl.
/agreed. black knight would be a fairly interesting addition due to his lack of a true identity (to date)

Top Bottom