• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bird and Bear: the Banjo-Kazooie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Got a quick poll for you guys, if Nintendo ever got the rights of Rare, would you want Banjo & Kazooie in the game at the cost of a big delay?
I would pay them to delay it if it were to add Banjo. Then I would cry tears of joy at seeing them come back home.

I couldn't even care about Rare anymore, Nintendo just needs to buy back all their IPs and hire all the old guys from Rare back.
They could just call them Ware or something.

I know the whole story with Kojima begging etc but it just wasn't right because Snake is generally a Playstation guy.
Snake has never been a Playstation guy, he's been on Nintendo consoles since his first game, and just under half of all MGS games have also been on Nintendo consoles. He's about an even half-Nintendo, half-other guys. It bothers me when people say such things about Snake without even getting the facts right.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Probably about 5 months at the length of the delay Sonic caused.
I'd wait as many years as possible just to see B&K in the game

Snake has never been a Playstation guy, he's been on Nintendo consoles since his first game, and just under half of all MGS games have also been on Nintendo consoles. He's about an even half-Nintendo, half-other guys. It bothers me when people say such things about Snake without even getting the facts right.
Actually, the first game wasn't on the NES, but on MSX-something. In fact, the NES game isn't even considered canon; hell, as far as I'm concerned, no non-remake Metal Gear games that were Nintendo exclusive were canon.

And, to be quite honest, since most (if not all) of Metal Gear's succesful entries were on PlayStation consoles, he can be considered to be more of a PS AllStar than a Nintendo AllStar.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Actually, the first game wasn't on the NES, but on MSX-something. In fact, the NES game isn't even considered canon; hell, as far as I'm concerned, no non-remake Metal Gear games that were Nintendo exclusive were canon.

And, to be quite honest, since most (if not all) of Metal Gear's succesful entries were on PlayStation consoles, he can be considered to be more of a PS AllStar than a Nintendo AllStar.
Of course the NES version was a horrible port, the fact remains that he has games on Nintendo consoles. If you wanted to argue that fact, then Snake would be an MSX character. :troll:
Canon hardly matters when it comes to Smash anyway, lest Mario whip out the FLUDD at any moment in his games whilst also swiping a cape and tossing fireballs without getting the flower first. Either way, Snake is a Konami character, not Nintendo, not Sony.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Of course the NES version was a horrible port, the fact remains that he has games on Nintendo consoles. If you wanted to argue that fact, then Snake would be an MSX character. :troll:
Canon hardly matters when it comes to Smash anyway, lest Mario whip out the FLUDD at any moment in his games whilst also swiping a cape and tossing fireballs without getting the flower first. Either way, Snake is a Konami character, not Nintendo, not Sony.
Still, Snake is seen as more related to Sony than, say, Mega Man or Sonic or even fellow Konami characters like Simon Belmont or Bomberman, all of them being more related to Nintendo than Snake, because his most succesful and more recognizable games were on PS consoles, whereas Mega Man's, Simon's and Bomberman's most succesful and or more recognizable games were on Nintendo consoles. Sonic could be the exception here as he's more popular for his Genesis/Dreamcast games, but he's still related to Nintendo.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Valid points, but this is the Banjo-Kazooie support thread, so lets talk about them instead of Snake.

Here's a moveset I came up with:
[collapse=Banjo-Kazooie Moveset]ACombo- Banjo swipes his claws three times, similar to his standard attack in Banjo-Kazooie.
FTilt- Kazooie pecks forward three times while on the ground, similar to the standard attack in Banjo-Tooie.
UTilt- Kazooie swipes her wings upward, similar to Charizard's move in Brawl.
DTilt- Beak Barge, Banjo slides forward as Kazooie thrusts her beak.
Dash- Roll Attack, Banjo curls up and rolls forward, his running attack in Banjo-Tooie
FSmash- Breegull Bash, Banjo pulls Kazooie out of the backpack completely and slams her down on the ground.
USmash- Beak Bayonet, Banjo pulls Kazooie out and thrusts her upwards, attacking with her beak.
DSmash- Pack Wack, Banjo swings his backpack in a circle around himself.
Nair- Banjo spins around, swiping forward with his claws as Kazooie swipes backwards with a wing.
Fair- Rat-a-tat Rap, Kazooie pecks forward three times in the air.
Uair- Banjo kicks upwards, similar to Mario's Uair.
Dair- Beak Buster/Bill Drill, Kazooie slams her beak downwards, if the button is held they begin spinning.
Bair- Banjo kicks behind himself.
Pummel- Kazooie pecks the opponent as Banjo holds onto them.
FThrow- Banjo spins and throws the opponent forward.
UThrow- Banjo throws the opponent up into the air as Kazooie rams her beak into them.
DThrow- Banjo slams the opponent on the ground as Kazooie rams her beak downward onto them.
BThrow- Banjo tosses the opponent backwards, Kazooie quickly lays a random egg into them.
NeutralB- Egg Fire (Random): Kazooie fires an egg of varying type forward with an arch. Blue, Fire, Ice, Grenade.
SideB- Clockwork Kazooie Egg: Kazooie fires a Clockwork egg, a mini Kazooie bot hatches from it to be controlled by the player. It can run around for a short period of time before exploding and can also explode by pressing B, Banjo is immobile during the duration of control.
UpB- Shock Spring Jump: A Shock Spring Pad appears, Kazooie stretches her legs out and bolts upwards into the air.
DownB- Egg Bounce (Random): Kazooie lays a random egg type backwards, this projectile bounces along the ground before cracking (or exploding, in the case of grenade eggs).
Final Smash- Wonder Wing Flight: Kazooie uses both gold feathers and red feathers to take off into the air and gain invulnerability. During flight, she can rapid fire golden eggs to inflict damage, or ram into opponents. The final smash ends after the 10 feather counter drops to 0, lasts about 20 seconds.
Egg Types:
Blue- Regular eggs with no special affects, low damage.
Fire- Flaming eggs that cause low fire damage, slightly more damage than blue eggs.
Ice- Frozen eggs that may cause an opponent to freeze at high percentages, less damage than blue eggs.
Grenade- High damage eggs that explode on impact, Banjo can also take damage from these if he is too close.

Miscellaneous:
Entrance- Appears on the entrance pad from Banjo-Kazooie.
UTaunt- Banjo gives a thumbs up and makes his iconic "Guh-huh!"
STaunt- Kazooie makes her iconic "Breegul!" sound as Banjo performs a small Flap-Flip jump.
DTaunt- Banjo waves a Jiggy around before Kazooie grabs it.
Victory1- Banjo does the full Jiggy dance from Banjo-Kazooie, when a Jiggy would be collected.
Victory2- Banjo plays his namesake instrument as Kazooie plays a kazoo.
Victory3- Banjo bows multiple times.
Victory music: Jiggy get theme.
[/collapse]

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Valid points, but this is the Banjo-Kazooie support thread, so lets talk about them instead of Snake.

[collapse=Banjo-Kazooie Moveset]ACombo- Banjo swipes his claws three times, similar to his standard attack in Banjo-Kazooie.
FTilt- Kazooie pecks forward three times while on the ground, similar to the standard attack in Banjo-Tooie.
Dash- Roll Attack, Banjo curls up and rolls forward, his running attack in Banjo-Tooie
FSmash- Breegull Bash, Banjo pulls Kazooie out of the backpack completely and slams her down on the ground.
USmash- Beak Bayonet, Banjo pulls Kazooie out and thrusts her upwards, attacking with her beak.
Nair- Banjo spins around, swiping forward with his claws as Kazooie swipes backwards with a wing.
Dair- Beak Buster/Bill Drill, Kazooie slams her beak downwards, if the button is held they begin spinning.
UThrow- Banjo throws the opponent up into the air as Kazooie rams her beak into them.
DThrow- Banjo slams the opponent on the ground as Kazooie rams her beak downward onto them.
BThrow- Banjo tosses the opponent backwards, Kazooie quickly lays a random egg into them.
NeutralB- Egg Fire (Random): Kazooie fires an egg of varying type forward with an arch. Blue, Fire, Ice, Grenade.
SideB- Clockwork Kazooie Egg: Kazooie fires a Clockwork egg, a mini Kazooie bot hatches from it to be controlled by the player. It can run around for a short period of time before exploding and can also explode by pressing B, Banjo is immobile during the duration of control.
UpB- Shock Spring Jump: A Shock Spring Pad appears, Kazooie stretches her legs out and bolts upwards into the air.
DownB- Egg Bounce (Random): Kazooie lays a random egg type backwards, this projectile bounces along the ground before cracking (or exploding, in the case of grenade eggs).
Final Smash- Wonder Wing Flight: Kazooie uses both gold feathers and red feathers to take off into the air and gain invulnerability. During flight, she can rapid fire golden eggs to inflict damage, or ram into opponents. The final smash ends after the 10 feather counter drops to 0, lasts about 20 seconds.
Egg Types:
Fire- Flaming eggs that cause low fire damage, slightly more damage than blue eggs.
Ice- Frozen eggs that may cause an opponent to freeze at high percentages, less damage than blue eggs.
Grenade- High damage eggs that explode on impact, Banjo can also take damage from these if he is too close.

Miscellaneous:
STaunt- Kazooie makes her iconic "Breegul!" sound as Banjo performs a small Flap-Flip jump.
Victory1- Banjo does the full Jiggy dance from Banjo-Kazooie, when a Jiggy would be collected.
[/collapse]

I love everything about your moveset. Absolute perfection.

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Egg Types:

Miscellaneous:
[/collapse]

You forgot about mine eggs from Banjo-Tooie's FPS multiplayer games. They can function just like the MSB, only weaker. Also, I think that they should have three jumps, with the third being Kazooie's second jump from B-K/T. It doesn't go high vertically, but it can make them fall much slower, giving them better horizontal distance. Other then that, this is probably the best B-K moveset I've seen yet (tho that may just be because it's similar to one I thought of a while ago).

Also, OP, add me to that supporter list.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
whoah wat? why didn't I get a notification for this thread? working on adding everything you guys added to the OP now.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You forgot about mine eggs from Banjo-Tooie's FPS multiplayer games. They can function just like the MSB, only weaker. Also, I think that they should have three jumps, with the third being Kazooie's second jump from B-K/T. It doesn't go high vertically, but it can make them fall much slower, giving them better horizontal distance. Other then that, this is probably the best B-K moveset I've seen yet (tho that may just be because it's similar to one I thought of a while ago).
The mine eggs aren't a normal part of the main game or Banjo's arsenal, just a bonus from the multiplayer segments, so they really have no place and wouldn't make sense. I picture Banjo's second jump in Smash would actually just be his second jump with Kazooie flapping her wings, it would give him more lift than it did in the source games though, mind you. It would also give him more horizontal movement while also having a slow descent for as long as the button is held. I suppose I should have added that in with the moveset, but alas.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
How can I not support?
Sign me up, Banjo and Kazooie's inclusion would probably get me more excited than anything else that could happen.

Kenrallminyah

Smash Rookie
Hi, This is my first post on the website, I am a huge supporter for banjo in smash and would like to be added to the support list. I have actually made my own move set similar to JamesDnaux's, I guess great minds think alike! Again sorry if i totally botch the upload process, If the format is poor just copy and paste it into your own word document to read it :)

On a second note I have contacted Nintendo about getting Banjo into the game and made a fair argument supporting his cause. The representative who got back to me was equally excited about the idea but informed me that at this time Banjo is not available in any of nintendos console games. I have now sent out a similar message to Rare for their opinion on this situation. I know its not much but I really want to see the bear in the game and would rather get it straight from the customer support group at nintendo or rare than from the rumor mill of the internet.

Editors note** I copy and pasted an original move set from the first page as a template and then changed it for my own ideas. If any move is a copy from previous suggestions I apologize for any confusion and give full credit. After I finished my own set I was extremely shocked at how similar mine and JamesDnaux's are. Lets go Banjo, ill update this thread when Rare replys to my mail.

Attachments

ryuu seika

Smash Master
If you really want flat out disconfirmation, talk to Microsoft. It's not Rare or Nintendo who are going to say "no".
Realistically, the only way Banjo would make it in is as a 3DS exclusive and Sakurai has already confirmed identical rosters.

That said, it's good to hear the love for this duo is still present among Nintendo employees.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Oh man, I will hate microsoft everyday of my life...
Also, add me as a supporter!

And DRAGON Kazooie as an alt. costume

Last edited:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I wouldn't mind Banjo-Kazooie. I highly doubt they have a shot, but a part of me is rooting for them.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Banjo & Kazooie are some of my most wanted newcomers. I, along with Kenrallminyah, am a dedicated supporter for Banjo & Kazooie to be in Smash 4, along with Gruntilda. I support!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I have a question though...How the hell is this thread still not locked?
Because they are eligible contenders for Smash, even though they are criminally unlikely.

Also, I support paths bear and the bird.
I was just going through my sig and making sure I actually support all of the characters' threads.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Wait, woah, why am I not in the support list? I support Banjo and Kazooie with all of my soul ever since my childhood was enlightened by their games (especially Tooie).

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Wait, woah, why am I not in the support list? I support Banjo and Kazooie with all of my soul ever since my childhood was enlightened by their games (especially Tooie).
You sir, have a good taste in smash mains

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As unlikely as they are, they seem like perfect choices for the series. Too bad they're owned by a rival company. Though now that I think of it, Killer Instinct was also a Rare owned series. If I could, I'd throw in Banjo and Kazooie along with Fulgore.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Forever my #1 wanted newcomer. I'd take a delay anytime to make this dream into a reality. Maybe Smash 5 if Rare finally crashes from bombing under Microsoft. They used to be so good. Conker would be great too. Most of Rare's IPs just scream property of Nintendo

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Might it be too late for me to decree I am a supporter? Just recently found this thread. I've always loved Banjoo-Kazooie and their games as a kid. I'd be ecstatic if they made it, as unlikely as their chances are.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll support.
It's sad to see what was seen as two legends fall thanks to Microsoft.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Supporting for sake of big part of childhood that missed all the better it would have come for it if just Nintendo and Rare stayed together.

Banjo & Kazooie would have been perfect for Smash. They're bit like missing family member right now.

domriver

Smash Lord
Have any of you played Microsoft's version of Banjo- Kazooie Threeie? omg what a horrible game. You cant even die! -.- I disliked it completely. In my opinion of course.

D

Deleted member

Sorry for the bump!

I got bored in one of my classes. As a result, I started thinking of a specials moveset for Banjo-Kazooie.
The dynamic and unusual duo of the bear and the bird have a wide variety of moves they could use. They do have a lot to work with in terms of just regular attacks and specials. I will focus on their specials and all of their moves will be based around the first two games: Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie.

Neutral Special: Egg Firing
Banjo crouches down and fires a maximum of 10 eggs; the more you tap the B button, the more eggs you will use. They cause minimal knockback, but can easily gimp opponents that are trying to recover; think of it like Mega Man's Mega Buster. If you press B and tilt the control stick as if you are doing a Smash attack, you will fire a Grenade Egg instead; this is powerful and will cause knockback, but it's rather slow. If you fire an egg and angle the control stick downwards, Kazooie will poop out the eggs and they will bounce around.

Side Special: Breegull Blast
I had difficulty with this one, but I decided to make this one of their specials. Banjo will lift Kazooie high and slam her on the ground. Kazooie can grab characters with her beak and they will be slammed down with her. This causes 12% damage and some fixed knockback so that Banjo can preform a combo. If Kazooie fails to grab a foe but are in the midst of Kazooie crashing down, then less damage happens, but the opponent will be sent back even farther.

Down Special: Wonderwing
Banjo will be covered by Kazooie's Golden Feathers. They will gain brief invincibility and will cause damage to anyone who touches Banjo. This is merely a counterattack, but it's mostly situational. The amount of time Wonderwing is used is about 1 second.

Up Special: Fly
Kazooie will help Banjo fly like in the games when they step on a Fly Pad.
Kazooie will flap her wings for a maximum of 5 times; you control the jumps by pressing the jump button. After the fifth jump, Banjo and Kazooie will enter a helpless state.
There is something added onto this. As Kazooie is flapping her wings, you can angle Banjo with the control stick. Angle Banjo more upward and he will gain height but move slower. Angle Banjo more downward and he will lose height but move faster. If you haven't used up all of the jumps, then you can do an attack. Press the attack button and you will not enter a helpless state and do an aerial attack. Press the special button and Kazooie will preform the Beak Bomb. This is an incredibly fast and powerful attack that will send opponents flying away! However, it's rather risky as after the move is used, they enter a helpless state. Hit a wall and they enter a helpless state; hit the ground and they will be left wide open for an attack.

Final Smash
I don't have a name for this, but I do have an idea.
Banjo and Kazooie separate and Banjo starts playing his banjo. When he plays his banjo, opponents will fall asleep if they are on the ground; if they are in the air, they will tumble. While Banjo is playing his banjo, Kazooie comes flying around and starts to fire out Eggs in numerous locations and they fall from the sky. The Eggs that are falling are regular Eggs, Fire Eggs, Ice Eggs, and Grenade Eggs. This Final Smash lasts for 7 seconds. After that, they are re-united.

Tell me, how is my moveset? Is it any good? Any changes you would do to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom