• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 BestBuy locations revealed for upcoming SmashFest!hype!:)

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
My planned 15 minute drive became an 1:30 one. I guess I should just wait until the 3DS version comes out.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hm. Looks like there's one about 40-60 minutes away from where I live. I'll try to go, record then take notes if my schedule lets me.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I only have to travel a little over an hour to Culver City, sweet! :) California FTW!

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
And once again, Mississippi gets screwed out of something hype-worthy. To everyone else who can make the trip, have fun. :/

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Whoever is going to one in Maryland, I will be going to the Best Buy in Glen Burnie. Let me know so we can play against each other and get some good footage if we can. I think the original post of this thread should be edited where the each state has a list of who is going and to which best buy so we could connect better as a smash community. Just my two-cents, I'm super pumped.

Last edited:

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Ironically, Central New York was involved with the E3 2013 event, so that seems quite ridiculous, unless SmashFest requires a Best Buy that's bigger than what Central and Western New York can offer.
^this. And we have a really big one in Syracuse, and a decent sized one a few miles north. I'm just gonna call them.

To be honest, we have like 3 in and around Syracuse. They're probably just waiting to reveal more locations.

Last edited:

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
Only 30 minutes away. But I might have no one to take me. But I will try to convince somebody!

I GET TO PLAY SMASH BROS. 4!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
not a single one in South Carolina... :glare:

They were at my Best Buy last year so I hope the list gets updated to include SC (note the list did make an update last year).

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
It's an hour away. I don't think I'm hyped enough to drive there just to play it. I mean, once the game comes out, I'll play the **** out of it. Gotta have patience.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Chapel Hill location in Ohio, hell to the yes. I'mma be all over that.
that's the area I grew up in yo, but I'm in VA, now.

I live in Fredericksburg, VA. I can either take an hour and a half drive to Charlottesville, a two and a half drive to Chesapeake, or an almost hour drive to West Broad Street in some place called Glen Allen where I've never been or even heard of before.

But PaulKagebein's post makes me want to go check with my local Best Buy to find out if they're secretly doing it too. If not, at least the one in Glen Allen isn't that far.
PLEASE COME TO WEST BROAD

Unless you're on the extreme west side of the Fredericksburg area and you;'re going to cut down south through the back roads, Short Pump is by far the closest, and hey, I'll be at that one!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
PLEASE COME TO WEST BROAD

Unless you're on the extreme west side of the Fredericksburg area and you;'re going to cut down south through the back roads, Short Pump is by far the closest, and hey, I'll be at that one!
I'm in Spotsylvania County, but it's still not too far at all. It's just a matter of it's convenient for me since I'll need a ride to get down there and my main person for it may have something to do that day and I don't want to make them cancel it over me wanting to play a video game.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
My planned 15 minute drive became an 1:30 one. I guess I should just wait until the 3DS version comes out.
Oh please. @_@ I took a 2 hour drive to go to the event last year. This is your one chance to play this version of smash until possibly early next year (winter) so personally... I think 1.5 hours beats frickin' 5-7 months.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
not a single one in South Carolina... :glare:

They were at my Best Buy last year so I hope the list gets updated to include SC (note the list did make an update last year).
I hope that you're right, because it just seems very odd that one of my nearest Best Buy locations was involved with E3 2013, but is not on the list of E3 2014 locations.

Oh please. @_@ I took a 2 hour drive to go to the event last year. This is your one chance to play this version of smash until possibly early next year (winter) so personally... I think 1.5 hours beats frickin' 5-7 months.
Not everyone has that kind of luxury, however, especially if work gets in your way.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
But the 3DS version is coming out sooner then that. Plus, I barely know the directions there, my best bet is to put the address in my GPS and have someone travel with me so I don't get lost.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
It won't be held at the location closest to me, but I still lucked out and can go to the second closest (an acceptable 40 minute drive or so). :)

Poots

Smash Journeyman
I live in Nashville, TN, (the capitol of Tennessee) which has like 5 best buys in the down town area, which is 15 mins away. Instead of THE CAPITOL OF THE STATE they have Knoxville, Memphis, and Jaxsonville. All of those about 3 and a half miles away. Which one should I go to than?
I know exactly how you feel right now.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Of all places, mine has to be so far away..

Last edited:

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Awww no demo in Newfoundland. *Sob* Why does Canada end at Nova Scotia. I mean there's only one best buy in Newfoundland it's not even like you need to pick the best location for it lol. There's only one!

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
YES! I can go! But unfortunately it is in the worst part of town so if I go I'm probably going to be shanked. Oh well,worth it!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
YES! I can go! But unfortunately it is in the worst part of town so if I go I'm probably going to be shanked. Oh well,worth it!
I always carry a knife on me, no matter where I am or what I'm doing. Pepper spray can work for those who don't want to carry knives.

N0ble1

Smash Rookie
Just to jump in while lurking... Bullets make the best man-stopper; if you can conceal carry, do it.

Hopefully my local best buy will have SmashFest, the nearest location to me is probably 50+ miles away from me.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
It pays to live within walking distance from Best Buy.

I'll for sure come on Wednesday.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
dis is bs. locations in maryland are really stupid. places with pretty small populations, actually. why not go closer to the nations capitol, or you know, go to the POPULATION

bentendo222

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't say Pensacola on there, but it does say the exclusions are subject to change. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
Alright, nice. One of the locations is near where I attend church, which is only ten minutes away from me. Maybe they'll understand if I show up to service late.

But I'm really hoping the construction lightens up by then. Roads are packed right now because of it.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
I hope there are enough videos and whatnot to tide me over until the 3DS version comes out, since I can't be bothered to drive 2 hours away just to play smash.

Top Bottom